LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 20 2005

mahdoum

Php tutorial requests

I'm going to start creating some php tutorials, what would you like me to cover in php? I'd prefer doing more advanced tutorials rather then a beginners tutorial ;)

So what do you want to learn how to do in php?

#2 May 20 2005

samer
Admin

Re: Php tutorial requests

* moved to web dev.

#3 May 20 2005

mahdoum

=P oops.

#4 May 20 2005

rolf

Thanks, nothing for now!
I'm gonna start learning perl, BTW.

Well it's a difficult subject, so I understand if you dont want to cover it. It's actually more article than tutorial, so you have 2 reasons not to cover it.
That's "Changes in the language in PHP 5".

----------------------
I actually thought you were requesting PHP tutorials. On second lecture of your post, it seems you are going to write PHP tutorials.
Anyway, here is my original post:
----------------------

Ok, you want to learn PHP?
You'll need a PHP enabled server to test your scripts. THis can be either:
- A hosting account that supports PHP (you'll need a good connection)
- A webserver+PHP on your LAN on your PC

I'm using PHP + Apache, althought it works with IIS too.

Now that you have a platform to test your scripts, you need to download the official documentation from the PHP official site (www.php.net). Choose the .CHM format (windows help file).

The official documentation contains everything everything from a clear explanation of basic syntax to a complete reference of all functions and keywords. I got 90% of my PHP knowledge from there, and I couldn't do a PHP program without this.

I got the remaining 10% from articles, posts, etc.. found on google while doing researches about specific topics, like for example "parsing XML with PHP".

BTW php sytax is very close to javascript, and quite close to C, so if you know the basics of any of these languages, you already have done half the work.

Board footer