LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 June 24 2011

rtwo2008

Re: Amhaz (Stars Communications) shop

yes there are import taxes etc... but the prices the dealer gets from the mother company is seriously low. the dealer does not get the items at the retail price we see in USA, he gets it at a fraction of the price.

in the EU they also have VAT (around 20-30%, not 10% like Lebanon) and they also have import taxes, how come their prices are still lower than ours in Lebanon?

moreover, just to add more fuel to the fire, i highly doubt that the dealers are paying the full duty taxes (customs, vat etc...) because most dealerships belong to big people in Lebanon who can navigate the taxes maze as good as the tehreeb people ;)

Last edited by rtwo2008 (June 24 2011)

#52 June 24 2011

insane

Do Amhaz have FB or website to check prices?
What is the price for Galaxy S2 ?

#53 June 24 2011

m.sabra

check this FB group you can ask for any phone price. https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gr … 71849&ap=1

#54 July 22 2011

cullinan86

Help...HEEEEEELLLPPPP!!!!
I just bought an HTC Desire HD from Amhaz, I turn it ON at home and, Surprise: There is no android market application and it apperas to be blocked to UAE, although I'm in Lebanon. I bought another one four months ago and it was fine in every way.
They are closed now, but I'm hoping they'll be such gentlemen to provide me a fair solution, because without the Market Application, the phone is worth 0$.

#55 July 22 2011

m.sabra

download this apk and install it on your phone and you will get the latest version of android market www.4shared.com/file/Zm_tOP9p/NEW_Andro … t_3026.htm
P.S:always try the phone in the shop before going home

Last edited by m.sabra (July 22 2011)

#56 July 22 2011

m.sabra

after googeling a bit it seems like UAE remove the market from all android phones you can try installing the market manually or root the phone and install the original Android OS.

#57 July 23 2011

cullinan86

Thanks Sabra, I took it to them today and they promised to install foreign software on Monday...Fingers crossed.

#58 July 23 2011

Flakk

If say it doesint work out, you can still install the apk that sabra gave you easily using the HTC sync software from your pc.
Or the older 2.3.6 apk if the new one Force closes on your phone (happened to me on CM7 rom)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachm … 1310559029

#59 July 23 2011

cullinan86

If it doesn't work out,I'll try your advices, thank you all. Feedback on Monday...

#60 July 24 2011

m.sabra

another solution: google earth and the youtube app was blocked on my nexus s when i bought it and they worked after i did that (i suggest you to try this before installing the market manually if Amhaz couldn't figure it out)
1- Go into Manage Apps --> All
2- Google Partner Setup
3- Clear Data
4- Reboot

#61 July 25 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

You can always root it and install a custom rom (better solution) as you don't have warranty anyway and that DHD is known to be a king of roms

#62 July 28 2011

cullinan86

Again, they pushed me till Saturday. If they don't succeed at it, I will directly sell it for lower than Amhaz, cuz I don't buy an HTC to tamper with it.

#63 July 28 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

One thing I learned from buying at Amhaz: Never buy a phone which is not in a ''closed'' box (makhtoum).
I bought a DHD once and it came without the 8GB SD!!
Someone has probably steal it from it because it was an opened box

#64 July 29 2011

m.sabra

the same as me vegetaleb,when i bought my nexus s he gave me an open box first so i told him i want a closed one, I opened it, put the battery on, had some checks and I was done. Best way to buy a phone!

#65 August 10 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

Though they have better prices than ''cherke'' they can be very annoying when they decide from nowhere to increase 50$ on Sensation in 24h for exemple!

#66 August 16 2011

Achmed

Hi, anybody knows how much galaxy s and nexus s is at amhaz?People on elmazad are selling it for 300 and 350$. Thanks

#67 August 17 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

I heard rumors that prices will stay high and lot of shortages till Ramadan finish!
Dunno what's the link anyway, they work from 9 to 5 all the week and planes wont stop bringing new ''bda3a''. Perhaps they wana make 2x money in that period

#68 September 27 2011

systamatics

anyone can show me how i can go to amhaz beer l abed if im comin from the south?

#69 September 28 2011

thegodfatherdany

Hello. I want to buy a cell for my friend and i dont want to pay 60$ more in other shops. What i am afraid of is that if the device did not work, could it be replaced? I want to buy a new sealed one and gift it . And are the cellphones written on them that they have been bought from Amhaz(a sticker or something)? Do these cellphones have high probability of being damaged and not working correctly? Thank youu.

#70 September 28 2011

Dope14

i got bold 9900 day one from amhaz,  the phone is good nothing to worry about

#71 September 29 2011

thegodfatherdany

Dope14 wrote:

Does it have any sticker/marks that it was bought from amhaz??

#72 September 29 2011

m.sabra

thegodfatherdany wrote:
Dope14 wrote:

Does it have any sticker/marks that it was bought from amhaz??

no phones bought from amhaz don't have any stickers or mark.

#73 September 29 2011

thegodfatherdany

I can't open it in the shop because i want it for someone who will open it with me when i meet him. If the device did not work, does Amhaz accept me to return it ?

#74 September 29 2011

m.sabra

thegodfatherdany wrote:

I can't open it in the shop because i want it for someone who will open it with me when i meet him. If the device did not work, does Amhaz accept me to return it ?

no  the device comes with no warranty.but why are you expecting that it will not work ?

#75 September 29 2011

thegodfatherdany

Im afraid i lose all my money!

Board footer