LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 11 2011

gio961
Banned

what is the best web hosting service in lebanon ?

hello guys what's up all ? i want to take your opinions or perhaps any experience in the lebanese web hosting services . Since i'm a fresh web designer i want to choose a local company to host my work for my clients . I know an international company might offer a lot more of space (GB) for less prices but i want to stick with a lebanese one since actually i don't need those huge spaces offered . so i did a bit of a search and i found two  sites that may be good at some point but each one has it's own positive side .
( serverlebanon ) has lower prices and more space offered with no doubt , but that's it .
( siteleb ) higher prices and less space but with a huge library of pro web designs (templates) offered for free to use for all clients .
Which one do you think is better and should i use ? go for lower prices or shoot for the big free library ? (which will be a good addition to my gallery since am a starter)
Or maybe you know a better solution ?
Any advice will be appreciated :)

#2 August 11 2011

rolf

Re: what is the best web hosting service in lebanon ?

I don't know why the hell anyone would want to host in Lebanon, but if you want to IDM has it's hosting servers connected to the Lebanese network, which means you'll get incredibly low latency from Lebanon.

#3 August 11 2011

gio961
Banned

i know the lebanese hosting is not match to any international hosting service but since am not asking for too much why not encouraging our local brands . Anw thank you for your reply i'll check it out :)

#4 August 11 2011

J4D

These "local brands" use those "international hosting services" to host your website for more money . No sane human being thinks of installing servers on Lebanese soil, at least for now.

#5 August 11 2011

hussam

lol @ http://siteleb.com/  1G space/10GB bandwidth at 25,000LL.
Even this is bad to be honest http://www.serverlebanon.com/index.php? … sting&id=3 8$ for 1GB/10GB.
for a cheaper price, you can get unlimited disk space/bandwidth on a foreign web host.

#6 August 11 2011

gio961
Banned

yeah you have a good point there J4D ! thanks :)

#7 August 11 2011

gio961
Banned

yes hussam i know they are both over priced ! but according to other lebanese brands they rock lol
ex :  hostinglebanon  50 Mb  for 20$ / mo  !!!
        hostleb   1 Gb / 33$ / mo !!!

and the list continue to be loling    ( my main search was to find the best lebanese hosting even though i know it is over priced :)  ) .. btw the prices of siteleb are bit more cause they are charging a bit amount for the 1000+ pro (flash) design / template they are offering with the hosting account i guess  ..

anw thank you for your reply :)

#8 August 12 2011

samer
Admin

Note that they do not host your website on Lebanese servers. They merely resell space from foreign companies. If you are just starting out, I recommend dreamhost.

#9 August 25 2011

dp0001

eSharing.com, they have servers in us and leb

#10 September 12 2011

patrick

samer wrote:

Note that they do not host your website on Lebanese servers. They merely resell space from foreign companies. If you are just starting out, I recommend dreamhost.

How about http://www.hostgator.com/ ?

They seem to have pretty good offers. What do you think ?

#11 September 13 2011

samer
Admin

They are good for shared hosting. If that's what you are looking for, then hostgator or dreamhost will do the trick.

Board footer