LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 4 2005

samer
Admin

"guess who" SMS, identification

is there any way of identifying the original sender of a guess who SMS ? (the 1080 thingy)

well i don't think so, but maybe there is some trick we could do, any ideas?

#2 May 4 2005

mahdoum

Re: "guess who" SMS, identification

what is the sms guess who? explain I might be using it in leb when i come

#3 May 4 2005

Charly

okay... u wanna send something to someone, but u wanna appear anonymous, so u simply use this service... the sms wil be sent without the receiver knowing who has sent it… sorry samer, i have absolutely no idea since they peeps playing such games with me are quickly revealed ;)

#4 May 5 2005

mahdoum

is it free? and how do you use the service?

#5 May 5 2005

rolf

Well if he killed someone or something you could get a paper from the police and take it to the cell company and they'll look in their logs (if the record is still there) to see who sent it. ;)

#6 May 5 2005

rolf

is it free? and how do you use the service?

you send an SMS to 1080 with the word "anon" (or anonymous?) followed by the recepient's number and the message, and it will be sent anonymously on your behalf.

I dont know if it's free. But I think radio one are offering this service, so they might actually offer it for free and cover their costs by having a database of numbers they may later use for sms advertisements (I hope I'm wrong!).

I'm a bit spam-paranoiac!

#7 May 12 2005

mezin

actually it's not for free ... i'm on mtc touch and every SMS i send using this service costs 0.36 $ instead of the regular 0.09 $ charged for a normal SMS

#8 May 13 2005

samer
Admin

1 unit @ alfa

Board footer