LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 12 2011

khalil13

Change ebook reading experience!

I know this is neither an invention nor a new discovery, it is something that all the notebooks with adobe acrobat reader have, but in fact only a few people think about doing it.
If you have a notebook, and like to read ebooks, go to adobe reader, open your ebook, go to view and rotate the page clockwise, then you can hold your notebook as if you were holding a book and enjoy your reading experience, believe me, it really makes you want to read!

Last edited by khalil13 (June 12 2011)

#2 June 12 2011

MrClass

Re: Change ebook reading experience!

or, get an ipad to read in any position you like :)

#3 June 12 2011

xazbrat

I read lots of books on my laptop--I prefer Microsoft Reader though because it is easier to navigate and the lit files are generally much smaller than pdf's.

#4 June 12 2011

khalil13

Ipad is an over advertised hardware that has the same features of a normal notebook but a trippled price and a touchscreen

#5 June 12 2011

yasamoka

khalil13 wrote:

Ipad is an over advertised hardware that has the same features of a normal notebook but a trippled price and a touchscreen

HAHAHAHAHAH! Not a really informative comment if you ask me...Ipad, although a ripoff like most Apple devices, is a breakthrough in innovation, both software - wise and hardware - wise...there is no touchscreen like it, it's simply just a joy to use...its hardware is pretty powerful compared to the iPad and offers it good competition with other tablets and phones...just check any review that compares its performance to other products...

Second thing, don't forget that notebooks run off a large 3-cell (or more) lithium battery, while this runs off much less, releases less heat, is silent, and is easier to use, and faster, more crisp display

But if you ask me, I'm an Android type of guy when it comes to phones (and tablets)...could not tolerate neither Blackberry nor iOS

Last edited by yasamoka (June 12 2011)

#6 June 12 2011

khalil13

When it comes to tablets i would go for the samsung galaxy tab or the hp pavillion tx 2000 check them out

#7 June 12 2011

m0ei

samsung galaxy tab or the hp pavillion tx 2000

trash-can-719505.gif

#8 June 12 2011

khalil13

Just explain to me the point of the ipad!
It has a front facing camera >> same as any laptop
It has retina display technology >> who cares, pixel density on a laptop is just enough, and sometimes better than the one on the ipad
It has extremely limited customizablity and doesnt even have a file transfer service neither via bluetooth nor via usb cable

#9 June 12 2011

jsaade

have you tried the galaxy tab, the hp tabelt and the ipad 2 and compared them next to each other?
The concept of a tablet is not to actually compete with a laptop. Every device has its functionality.
In the tablet world, ipad 2 is the winner. I have tried almost all of the tablets around including the Motorolla Xoom and the blackberry playbook.
The slick design and smart software of the ipad always wins when compared to the android (3.0+) on other devices. And sadly the Blackberry tablet is not working 100% in Lebanon (access to the store is denied) so you cannot actually begin to enjoy it.
Reading on the ipad is really nice and some people get it for reading only.

On the other hand, I am a technology enthusiast and so far the lack of a flash player support on the ipad is still a killer for me. As if it needs to be universally adopted, then it needs to adopt existing universal technologies.

In anycase, holding a laptop like a book in a coffee place i not a thing I would like to do.

#10 June 12 2011

khalil13

I am not an anti-apple , in fact i own an iphone, but i get its point, but the reason why i chose the galaxy tab is that because it is a phone as well as a tablet, and i picked the pavilion since it is a laptop as well as a tab, you can use it to do everything, plus, it runs windows which is much more customizable than  ios
And runs a huge numbers of applications and software, meanwhile, the ios can only provide you with the apps available on the appstore, which are good but rather for an iphone than for an ipad

#11 June 12 2011

khalil13

I posted this to say to  notebook owners ( which is much cheaper than the ipad ) to read ebooks in an innovative way, without the need to spend their money to get the ipad

#12 June 12 2011

omar_killer

wow,loads of offtopic here

Last edited by omar_killer (June 12 2011)

Board footer