LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 May 5 2011

jsaade

Re: Resource - html5, flash, silverlight

Dark_angel wrote:
xterm wrote:
Dark_angel wrote:

Show me your Work experience in this domain and what is your specialty please before I elaborate more my statement.

What?

see, your answer 'what' indicates your lack of experience in such domain. Please, at least do some research so you can backup your statements.

Quiz #1 : n-tier layers.

Do some research about it and come back. Better, trust me.

Doesn't n-tier architecture contradicts your statement about data dictating UI?
There will always be a link of course, but the Data should not "dictate" the UI, I think
"influences" is a better word.

#27 May 5 2011

xterm

Dark_angel wrote:

see, your answer 'what' indicates your lack of experience in such domain. Please, at least do some research so you can backup your statements.

I'm going to avoid your obvious trolling and slap the following in your face:

Lebgeeks > Search > Keyword : N-Tier , Author : Xterm

Enjoy.

#28 May 5 2011

ali.koubeissi

xterminator.

#29 May 6 2011

Dark_angel
Banned

xterm wrote:
Dark_angel wrote:

I'm going to avoid your obvious trolling and slap the following in your face:

Lebgeeks > Search > Keyword : N-Tier , Author : Xterm

Enjoy.

Show me experience please. Projects you have done. Show me your hands on experience. I am not into playing games here although I am a hardcore PC Gamer.

Show me what you have got.

#30 May 6 2011

xterm

Dark_angel wrote:

Show me experience please. Projects you have done. Show me your hands on experience. I am not into playing games here although I am a hardcore PC Gamer.

Show me what you have got.

You seem to be quite persistent. In the interest of entertaining you, you make a claim without backing up your statement. You claim that UI is dependent on data. No one asked for a reference of your experience or projects and thus you may not ask for a reference to anyone's experience and/or projects. If you want my personal portfolio and experience I'll be glad to send you my resume and CV (and if you're hiring I'll also send you a cover letter).

Silliness aside, I'll go ahead and back up my claim that what you said is totally incorrect. You seem to be a .NET developer so you're aware of existing and recent technologies. Not only am I familiar with n-tier architecture, it's in fact my area of expertise, had you followed the small hint I gave you, you would have realized that I've been dealing with n-tier for over 11 years, back to when CORBA was still a hit and RMI-IIOP was being used prior to J2EE being available. I'm not going to assume that you know these things or even hint for you to go look gem up, that is your prerogative. What I will however do, is speak a language that you know. Fast forward to ~2002/3 .NET remoting was the shizz in terms of modeling distributed applications and decentralizing the server that are provided either B2b or B2C. With release of .NET 3.0+, the WCF CTP was a major hit because it abstracted the underlying transports and became the apparent and all mighty backend for enterprise applications. Yu could build entire applications servers and deploy clusters everywhere, have services deployed on clusters and reroute all your requests on failure or dispatch requests for parallel evaluation, all this has nothing to do with UI.

With the complexity that application bring these days, a solution was imminent to having clear separation of concerns and to properly allow each role with the lifespan of a project to fulfill their tasks independently of one another. Which bring us to our very important point. Recent technologies provide incredibly powerful mechanisms to building front-ends where you can swap an entire enterprise data model with a zoo data model and still have your UI act accordingly. If you doubt my words, perhaps you're unfamiliar with WPF/E's binding mechanism (hint: abused within mvvm) or GWT's UiBinder or Flex or KnockoutJS or JSF's Facelets or ... or ... or ...

Regardless of the technology, ther are always ways to abstract your presentation layer in a way that it's totally independent from the data that it drives.

I'm eager to listen to the backup for your claim, granted I've already provided mine.

#31 May 6 2011

rolf

xterm when he said "technology" maybe he meant things such as HTML, Flash, SVG... in that case I think he has a point, each technology being more suited (and not mandatory) for representing a particular type of data.

Last edited by rolf (May 6 2011)

#32 May 6 2011

xterm

rolf wrote:

xterm when he said "technology" maybe he meant things such as HTML, Flash, SVG... in that case I think he has a point, each technology being more suited for a representing a particular type of data.

If that's what he meant then my reply to him was incorrect due to missing details.

#33 May 6 2011

rolf

There seems to be a misunderstanding. Maybe the word "technology" did not refer to the same thing when used by him and by you.

#34 May 8 2011

Dark_angel
Banned

Sorry for the late response but I have been busy preparing for my IELTS test. I will be back for a detailed explanation with hands-on examples from my website trimhold.com

Keep safe guys.

Joseph

Board footer