LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 10 2011

forgotten

PS3 Problem

DAMN Blackouts seems like my Ps3 is having a big problem concerning its CPU

It just turns off suddenly sometimes  after expiriencing some blackouts while running movies  and the power button touch field only reacts to turn it on, off does sometimes work sometimes not . What is this ? Could the cpu be damaged or is it underpowered? Does anyone know what this could be  need to repair it myself if I must therefore any suggestions?

60GB fat 1 produktion series april 2007

Last edited by forgotten (February 10 2011)

#2 February 10 2011

ranibalaa

Re: PS3 Problem

Get a UPS

#3 February 10 2011

kareem_nasser

Dude you should be ready for a Yellow Light of Death.

#4 February 11 2011

forgotten

Ok it still works but I think i wll it open to clean out the dust , and after that I will connect it to a ups .... Hopefully  it will continue to work

thanks for the posts

#5 February 11 2011

Badieh

With Lebanon's electricity, it is easier for the electronics to malfunctioning. I agree with ranibalaa, get a UPS to save it.

#6 February 22 2011

bskaram

This happened to me after repeated blackouts while playing. It started turning completely off by itself, and wouldn't work unless i unplug and plug  again the electricity. I freaked out at first, but I then opened up recovery and chose either Rebuild Database or Restore File System. I don't remember, but I think it's the first one. After that, all went fine.

#7 February 22 2011

forgotten

OK i will try that.  say where do you live in koura?

#8 February 23 2011

silencer5185

You have an old playstation 3, thats the 60 gegabytes fat playstation 3 which is capable of undergoing the yellow light of death procedure which may disable your playstation 3 from functioning entirely. This Problem is not as easy as it seems, it's a difficult task, I would advise you to buy a new Playstation 3 Slim model instead of fixing your problem because the cost might be worth a new playstation 3.

#9 February 24 2011

The-MMMs

silencer5185 wrote:

You have an old playstation 3, thats the 60 gegabytes fat playstation 3 which is capable of undergoing the yellow light of death procedure which may disable your playstation 3 from functioning entirely. This Problem is not as easy as it seems, it's a difficult task, I would advise you to buy a new Playstation 3 Slim model instead of fixing your problem because the cost might be worth a new playstation 3.

YLOD does not just originate from GPU issues, from my experience it also comes from the PSU, and he has admitted to be quite careless when it comes to blackouts

either way, if its a faulty PSU, be prepared for some 100$ repair job.

UPS, Dust Clean Out, Rebuilding Database should be best course of action.

Last edited by The-MMMs (February 24 2011)

#10 February 25 2011

elchebib

The-MMMs wrote:
silencer5185 wrote:

YLOD does not just originate from GPU issues, from my experience it also comes from the PSU, and he has admitted to be quite careless when it comes to blackouts

either way, if its a faulty PSU, be prepared for some 100$ repair job.

UPS, Dust Clean Out, Rebuilding Database should be best course of action.

If anyone gets the YLOD, you're much better off getting a new slim console. Once you get the YLOD once, you'll keep on getting it even if you go ahead and repair.

#11 February 26 2011

The-MMMs

elchebib wrote:

If anyone gets the YLOD, you're much better off getting a new slim console. Once you get the YLOD once, you'll keep on getting it even if you go ahead and repair.

This guy hasn't got YLOD, and i have heard many cases of this happening

seriously, all the time the power was cutting when the HDD was probably loading or maybe even saving, will cause some serious fragmentation.

Just backup and rebuild your database, dust clean out and hope for the best.

Board footer