LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 30 2011

thegodfatherdany

Amhaz (Stars Communications) shop

Download the latest pricelist on: http://amhaz.herokuapp.com/

Hello everybody,

I heard that Amhaz (Stars Communications) is a phone shop in Dahiyeh, Beirut that has the best prices. Is this true? Should I trust them? Do they provide warranties?

Thanks

#2 January 30 2011

Kassem

Re: Amhaz (Stars Communications) shop

Yup Amhaz usually provides lower prices but I'm not sure about the warranty.

#3 January 30 2011

thegodfatherdany

Does this mean i go to him before i search even for the phone i want ?

#4 January 30 2011

leblinux

Regarding prices, Amhaz will sell you phones at the same price as he sells the wholesalers.

#5 February 2 2011

hass71

quality of phones are same as all shops, but it's somehow cheaper

#6 February 3 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

He's the official ''tehrib'' distributor in Lebanon so he's cheaper (way cheaper) than other shops.
The advantage over others is that he doesn't ''play'' with the phones before selling them,so you get them straight from the manufacturing without somebody messing around replacing the battery or charger with false ones ;)
It doesn't have warrenty but generally a mobile phone's default is obvious when you turn it on (no sound,display or camera) SO you SHOULD try it before buying it just in case...

#7 February 3 2011

thegodfatherdany

Moderator edit: Do not double post, please. You have already asked your question on the other topic :-)

#8 February 3 2011

Kassem

I've just been told that Amhaz replaces parts (including the main boards of the cell phone sometimes) with Chinese ones. I am not sure about this information, but that's what I've been told.

#9 February 6 2011

Leonedes

I bought my Blackberry Torch from him, and its cleaner than my friend's torch from Official Reseller in KSA, his wobbles and has a cranky keyboard. So +1 Amhaz

#10 February 10 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

Of course jaelous shops and specially the ones who are ''mad3oumin'' from the official companies will say any sort of lies against him to justify the 200-300$ they ask more.
It was the case of PCandParts , many PC shops used to say that all its products are refurbished while we all know he just doesn't take 200% from original price like major PC shops in Lebanon and all his products are even newer than them.
Both Amhaz and PCandparts are wholesalers which accept to sell to individuals so they will never have the time to change boards of thousands of devices each week (sales volume of Amhaz), it will cost them more in employees hand work then ;)

#11 May 17 2011

ali.koubeissi

Where is Amhaz's shop located?

#12 May 17 2011

omar_killer

at da7ye...but I don't know where exactly...I go there with my dad.

#13 May 17 2011

Kassem

ali.koubeissi wrote:

Where is Amhaz's shop located?

I guess you do know the cross roads between Beir El 3abed and Mouawwad, right? If you take the route that takes you into Beir El 3abed main street (from that cross roads), Amhaz should be on your left. Well, you can go to the cross roads and ask for Amhaz, they'll tell you where his shop is located.

#14 May 18 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

I wonder if he brought the SGS2 now...

#15 June 2 2011

ali.koubeissi

Is it possible to get Amhaz's number? I want to ask for the HTC WildFire S.

#16 June 2 2011

ali.nour85
Banned

its 01/555525 its usually busy so you have to keep trying . i don't know if he has Wildfire s but the old wildfire is for 220$.

#17 June 2 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

Apple:

iPad 2 16GB: 600$
iPad 2 32GB: 700$
iPad 2 64GB: 800$

iPad 2 16GB 3G: 800$
iPad 2 32GB 3G: 900$
iPad 2 64GB 3G: 1000$

iPhone 4 16GB Black : 670$
iPhone 4 16GB White: 820$
iPhone 4 32GB Black : 780$

htc:

Wildfire: 220$
Aria: 290$
Gratia: 330$
Desire: 365$
Desire Z: 370$
Desire HD: 470$
Desire S: 450$
Incredible S: 500$

7 Mozart: 350$
7 Tropy: 300$
HD7: 330$

HD2: 500$
HD Mini: 280$
Snap: 160$

Samsung:

Wave: 260$
Wave II: 280$

Galaxy Ace: 280$
Galaxy S 8GB: 410$
Galaxy S 16GB: 560$
Galaxy Tab 16GB: 450$

Nexus S: 450$

Blackberry:

Curve 8520: 175$
Curve 9300 3G: 260$
Bold 9700: 400$
Bold 9780 (Black): 400$
Bold 9780 (White): 410$
Pearl 9105: 190$
Torch 9800: 480$
Torch 9800 (white/red): 500$
Playbook 16GB: 460$
Playbook 32GB: 560$
Playbook 64GB: 660$

Sony Ericsson:

Elm: 120$
Hazel: 155$
Aino: 245$
Yaari: 215$
X10 Mini Pro: 180$
Vivaz Pro: 235$
Vivaz: 200$
W201 Zylo: 115$
X8: 165$
X10: 325$
X10 Mini: 165$
Arc: 680$
Xperia Play: 620$

Nokia:

C6-01: 280$
C7: 305$
E5: 180$
E7: 500$
N8: 375$
X5: 200$

Motorla Xoom 32GB Wifi: 730$

#18 June 2 2011

ali.koubeissi

I just called Star communication, no wildfire s yet ;(.

#19 June 2 2011

Chup

Got The BB 9300 3G from him...
Been with me since march.. no problems whatsoever ...
Hoping that i don't jynx it with this post >.<

#20 June 2 2011

m.sabra

Stars prices are way cheaper than the prices of other shops and official distributors, in example: Galaxy tab costs 599$ @ CTC (official distributor of Samsung) and 450$ @ Amhaz , that's a 150$ difference, well i don't want the warranty if it's gonna cost me an additional 150$.

#21 June 3 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

Yeah whatever will cost the problem in your phone it wont be 150$ lol

#22 June 3 2011

AMDeeb

m.sabra wrote:

Stars prices are way cheaper than the prices of other shops and official distributors, in example: Galaxy tab costs 599$ @ CTC (official distributor of Samsung) and 450$ @ Amhaz , that's a 150$ difference, well i don't want the warranty if it's gonna cost me an additional 150$.

Yeah but its a BIG risk! You may either save 150$ or lose 450$ if the problem is huge, so the device would become useless.

People think of warranty that if you took a good care of your phone, you wont need it. But, many problem can be as a result of manufacturing defects. You might not know whats the problem from the fist moment, it might appear later after using your phone/device for a period of time.

#23 June 3 2011

jsaade

I hesitated a bit before writing this, but seeing the topic's name is "Amhaz (star communication) shop" then this is not out of topic.

Amhaz does not pay taxes, as previously said, he is the official "tehrib" shop.
supporting his shop is supporting piracy, stealing and everything that this country stands for.

Amhaz is also "mad3oum" but his "da3m" is political and he is in fact hurting our industry, ie: there was a story going around that Amhaz forced the sony-ericsson distributors to close in lebanon as he was actually competing with them! In any country in the world, the distributor should be the one providing the retailers, but guess what, this is not a country.

What kind of business are you trying to support?

The extra money on products is the one enforced by the product distributors who take licenses from official manufacturers, this is how things work in every "civilized" country and this is why all distributors are finding it hard to enter the lebanese market with such "mad3oumin" and "above the law" shops.

So if you give a +1 or are very happy you got your phone for 50$ less, please think again...

Last edited by ZeRaW (June 3 2011)

#24 June 3 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

I agree with you but the problem is that many companies are runed by stealers in Lebanon and the difference between Amhaz and HTC for exemple can reach up to 250$ for a phone.
Plus CEPP (dunno if they are still SE dealers) used to bring new phones with 2 to 3 months later than Europe while Amhaz bring them at the same time or even sometimes before Europe!!
If it was only 50$ difference I think nobody here will ever think to buy from Amhaz.
As for ''gemrok'' taxes we all know that their colonels and generals (amn el a3m) take the money for them and not for the Lebanese government

#25 June 3 2011

m.sabra

hey just remember that customers didn't search for official retailer they search good quality and cheap prices so i buy all my phones from amhaz and never had a problem with any device,in fact i have never repaired a phone that i have bought from amhaz, and i will not wait 2 or 3 months to get my phone for a higher price while it's available now for a cheaper price i am not concerned how or from where he get his devices or if he pay taxes or "min de3mo" as long that i get phone for good price and with a good quality.
and if you say that this is piracy supporting it's not my job to ask every shop about his products and to ask for papers to prove that those products are legal.
in other country no one can put a pirated CD in his shop and it's impossible for a phone to pass the "gemrok" and the security if it's not for official retailer so when we will be like that ?

Board footer