LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 29 2010

Ayman

Illustrating "how a process works" visually on a site

Hello everyone, I am working on a simple ecommerce site and on the main page I want to show a small illustration to the user of how the process works i.e. for example: Choose your design -> Customize your product -> Add to cart -> Check out -> Secure Payment with paypal etc... something of this sort.

I have an idea in mind of what to have in there but I am looking for some samples to get some inspiration, I googled but didn't find anything really to what I am looking for. I want it to look friendly and fun for the user to read and look at, I don't want to end up having a flowchart diagram or a business process diagram on that page 

So if you have any ideas and comments about this issue please share, thank you very much and have a good day everyone :)

#2 December 29 2010

Padre

Re: Illustrating "how a process works" visually on a site

check the dell.com process

#3 December 29 2010

saeidw

Check out the Evernote website. They do a good job explaining their process in the style you mentioned: "capture anything, access anywhere, find things fast".

#4 December 29 2010

BashLogic

maybe something like this ...
http://www.theopeninter.net/

#5 December 31 2010

Ayman

Thanks guys thats really interesting especially that of BashLogic but thats not exactly what I am looking for. What I want is a sample representation to some business process involving eCommerce, it shouldn't be detailed and understandable by users, I just cant find such samples although I think they exist. Thanks.

#6 December 31 2010

xterm

Something like this?

process-flow.png

#7 December 31 2010

Ayman

@Xterm, yes that is more of what I am looking for but I want it to look more enjoyable to look at by the user. Based on this I will work on something similar related to th site and will share it with you guys to tell me your opinion.

The idea is to show a friendly and brief summary to the user of how the process works from choosing an item up to delivery while showing the attractive aspects of the service such as free delivery, customizable products etc... I want to do this in order not to confuse the user with text on the main page but an easy to understand and summarized guide. Do you think it is a good idea first of all?

#8 December 31 2010

Kassem

Yup it is a great idea. Most users will not bother to read beyond the headlines text blocks. An illustration which delivers the message in a fun way is definitely much more interesting to the users.

Keep it up bro!

Board footer