LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 8 2010

Bij

AM Radio Station

For a signals assignment I am asked to name an AM radio station, provide its frequency of operation and finally check that it operates within the AM dedicated bandwidth. I have no idea about any AM radio station and i could not find an AM radio tuner. Can someone please help ? Is there a place where i can find a list of AM stations broadcasting in lebanon ? What is the AM dedicated bandwidth?

#2 November 8 2010

BashLogic

Re: AM Radio Station

try bbc world service
funny that you are working on the AM. In some countries, that has been wrapped up and shelved, in other words decomitioned!

#3 November 8 2010

Bij

It doesnt broadcast over AM in Lebanon, I should have said that it should be available in Lebanon in my post.

Last edited by Bij (November 8 2010)

#4 November 9 2010

BashLogic

strange, well, they must have decomishioned the usage of am as well. they did use to broadcast over am, thats for sure, I remember it quiet well from when i was a kid..

#5 November 9 2010

xterm

That's weird, most if not all car radio allow you to use AM

#6 November 9 2010

rolf

It has been years since I checked, but I'm pretty sure you can still catch AM broadcasts. It would be weird if AM died in silence like that.
And yes, not only car radios, but all radios allow you to receive AM. I am not sure about the newer models, but it should be no problem to find an older one that does that.
And what kind of assignment is that??

Last edited by rolf (November 9 2010)

#7 November 9 2010

Flakk

Im not sure about AM radio stations in Lebanon, but AM have a really wide range (across many countries) you should be able to receive frequencies from other neighboring countries with AM broadcasts.

Board footer