LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 22 2004

samer
Admin

AUB Messed up.

AUB's was website messed up yestereday :? - my brother was just telling me about a possible overflood on the server ? The questions is.. was it an attack or just too many people logging to the website ?

Here's a traffic graph from alexa:

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traff … u.lb#graph

#2 September 22 2004

waleed

Re: AUB Messed up.

yesterday was one of the two days where AUB students log in to add/dropp classes for the 2004/2005 fall semester.

naturally everyone would try to log in first and get into classes which fit his time best.

i was adding classes for a friend too,the site was so slow,plus his advisor had given him a wrong PIN code, so after i tried reentering a wrong code, it blocked me.

so he had to go personally to the registrar today and choose his classes' times, he only got the worst times ever, mostly in the afternoons and non-consecutive ones.

#3 September 23 2004

Charly

7elo kteer, imagine "i dunno how many students" entering a website the same time doing the same thing !!! like brevet times, se3a la jibna el 3alemeh

#4 October 3 2004

l33thium

online registration isn't that great at all

#5 October 3 2004

godfather

It's usually reliable. I've registered online 4 times so far, and they all have been without any problems...

That was just a temporary problem for the new students registration.. and it was fixed in less than half an hour.

#6 November 21 2004

Sami

but it's better then manually ading them..

it's all about being clever...

it's my senior year in aub... and i managed in all my semesters in getting the courses i want.....

plusl last year, they had a DOS...wow, it wa soooo messy... the denial of service came from cyprus as far as i can remember

#7 November 22 2004

Charly

cyprus? damn!

#8 November 22 2004

Sami

cyprus? damn!

indeed.....

but that alerted aub to become more aware against such kind of attacks

Board footer