LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 4 2010

ballouta

what tv to buy?

hi everyone..
i want to buy an hd tv of max 800$. and I've been seeing here and there and what got my eye is an hd tv samsung series 5 about 40" about 950$.
i want to ask you if someone knows a better place with good cheap tv's about 800$ and thanks.(if you can include its specs with price and the place)

#2 April 4 2010

kareem_nasser

Re: what tv to buy?

I have both catalog for Sony and Samsung from Khoury home and all HDTV are the same but with minor changes that only if you put them side by side and compare you can notice the difference like they do in show rooms and then you get mixed up. If you're budget is between 800-900$ then you'll buy a Vseries Sony or 5 series Samsung. LG is also good. If you are looking for an HDTV for video games then dont worry about its specs that much Contrast ratio maybe your only concern and sometimes color graduation but the refresh rate isn't a big deal because when you switch to game mode it will let the signal pass through unprocessed by the Engine.

#3 April 4 2010

BashLogic

i just bought a samsung series 8 46" (there wasnt anything bigger under series 8 available and series 9 is globally very hard to get your hands on). cost a fortune but was worth the penny, i can browse youtube thru it, check the weather etc. absolute best feature is that i can play movies right of a usb memory stick! itplayed mkv with ac3!!
now i need to start saving for a true surround sound system, those thater packages are a rip of with very little features.

ive been reluctant to buy a new tv because i percieve it as a tool that slacks and kills the social society and free thinking.
a fried wanted to play ps3, and kept on nagging untill i purchased it. i noticed that the picture quality was horific with my old tv so i had no option but to go nezt day and buy what was available. i was going to purchase a projector but the only shop close by was shut for the weekend and i was impatient to wait untill monday so instead, i bought the tv.

the bad news is that even i purchased a new tv, im not watching tv ..

#4 April 4 2010

kareem_nasser

lol his budget is 800$ no way he can buy 8 series.

Board footer