LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 November 24 2009

GN90

Re: What are you playing these days ?

just finished COD MW2 one word about this game : AWESOME !!!!!! im playing the spec ops now, if our internet was better i would have got the original non-pirated game , totally worth paying for it.
on the 360 is did start yesterday ACII, and on my psp im playing AC Bloodlines

#27 November 24 2009

ballouta

COD MW2 L4D2 fifa 1k10 (just pvp) and dota

#28 November 24 2009

GeorgeN

Mhm been playing a lot of Heroes of Newerth, liked it much more than dota for some reason. Also, the pings on HoN on 150ish and it actually feels like 150ms delay in-game, however in dota it says 180ms (garena), however it feels like 300 - 500ms in-game for some reason, so sticking to HoN. Also planning to get DA:origins and AC II on 360, any feedback on those games?

#29 November 24 2009

GN90

ACII is looking great so far much better than the first one but in order to play it you need a "one boot shot" disk cause it is a wave 4 game. every game released after tekken 6 require that disk.

#30 November 24 2009

ballouta

TmNations Forever

#31 November 24 2009

elchebib

GN90 wrote:

just finished COD MW2 one word about this game : AWESOME !!!!!! im playing the spec ops now, if our internet was better i would have got the original non-pirated game , totally worth paying for it.
on the 360 is did start yesterday ACII, and on my psp im playing AC Bloodlines

Hey GN90,
The connections in Lebanon are somewhat good to play CoD online. You should get the game. I also know a bunch of people in Lebanon who play the game and they also say its great. Actually, I was able to come out on top in a couple of the games with my connection (not to brag here but to prove a point)
As long as you have an open NAT, you're good to go

#32 November 24 2009

GN90

yeah on the console it was good, i was able to play with free lag ! maybe because of the dedicated servers of the games i played. but my Xbox got banned so if im gonna play it will be on the pc.
i tested my connection and with my Sodetel ISP i am having a 500 and above ping  so i won't risk 60$ for an original MW2 and not able to play online in a good way.
Plus i dk if you heard the problems about the online performance of the MW2 on PC. Activision really forgot about the PC version and there are no fast dedicated servers for it

#33 November 25 2009

elchebib

The console version of CoD still uses P2P connections with no dedicated servers. If you've played online previously with other FPS games and it worked out, I don't see why CoD won't be good to play on the PC.
But then again, I guess you should try it at someone else's place before commiting 60 dollars.

As a side note, if you liked CoD: MW, you'll defnitely love CoD: MW2....

#34 November 25 2009

ramito123

I am playing  Jak and Daxter the lost frontier , LEgo indy 2 , Little big planet ,  Ac bloodlines and Tekken 6 on my psp .

#35 November 25 2009

GeorgeN

i tested my connection and with my Sodetel ISP i am having a 500 and above ping  so i won't risk 60$ for an original MW2 and not able to play online in a good way.

I suggest the static IP from sodetel, it's decent.

#36 November 27 2009

Flakk

Castlevania dawn of sorrow, jak and daxter the lost frontier

#37 December 8 2009

sin

Xbox 360: Assassin Creed II
PC: Dragon Age: Origins

#38 December 8 2009

Georges

GN90 wrote:

just finished COD MW2 one word about this game : AWESOME !!!!!! I'm playing the spec ops now, if our internet was better i would have got the original non-pirated game , totally worth paying for it.

I Finished the Game in 12 hrs, 47 mins, 17 secs - Veteran Mode few days ago... and i'll be finishing special ops when i finish my midterms. and yes, COD6 - MW2 scores a Full 10.

#39 December 14 2009

elchebib

Finished Resident Evil 5. My impressions: nice gameplay, multiplayer done well. But would have been better if there was strafing and the characters were a bit more flexible. Online community is still there surprisingly, and with the new DLCs coming out sometime in February or March, I guess some of the gamers will return for more carnage.

Currently playing:
Fallout 3: continue playing with the DLCs and finish up with the Pitt and a couple of optional missions.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: playing online, especially headquarters pro and 3rd person matches.

See ya online

#40 December 25 2009

elchebib

Finished from Fallout 3 (The Pitt DLC and a couple of side quests). Impressions: Incredible game. The Broken Steel DLC is better than the Pitt DLC; however, it does have its moments and is still quite fun. As a side note, when you play this game, you should think of it as an RPG in first person mode. Definitely not worth playing if you're looking for a first person shooter with RPG elements.

Next up:
Resident Evil 5: online modes (Mercenaries and Versus modes)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: online modes play (all types). There is a very active Lebanese community playing this game on the PS3 by the way.

All on PS3..... See ya online....

#41 December 31 2009

aminos

i would really really really recommend for PC Gamers:
Call Of Duty 6
Kill Zone 2
BorderLands
Left 4 Dead 2

#42 December 31 2009

GeorgeN

aminos wrote:

i would really really really recommend for PC Gamers:
Call Of Duty 6
Kill Zone 2
BorderLands
Left 4 Dead 2

/facepalm  ... The graphics on this game gave me a headache, didn't like it at all.

#43 December 31 2009

xterm

elchebib wrote:

Finished Resident Evil 5. My impressions: nice gameplay, multiplayer done well. But would have been better if there was strafing and the characters were a bit more flexible. Online community is still there surprisingly, and with the new DLCs coming out sometime in February or March, I guess some of the gamers will return for more carnage.

Honestly i hated everything about it, i was more excited to see what happens in the story, that's why i completed it.

#44 December 31 2009

GN90

im playing Half-life 2 on my 360 finally i have found the orange box

#45 December 31 2009

GN90

and little big planet on my psp

#46 January 1 2010

elchebib

Moving on to:
Fallout 3 DLC Point Lookout
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 online play

#47 January 1 2010

---()--()---

DotA on PC

Valkyria Chronicles on PS3

GeorgeN .. how do we obtain beta keys for HoN ?

#48 January 1 2010

Flakk

Torchlight and AC II on ps3

#49 January 16 2010

elchebib

Finished from Fallout 3 Point Lookout DLC. Impressions: Average DLC with some tough enemies (even for my character at the highest level). Its the biggest DLC for Fallout 3; however, Broken Steel is still the number 1 DLC for Fallout 3.

Finished from Call of Duty: Modern warfare 2 online for now. Impressions: Awesome game. Unfortunately, many of the kills are being wasted due to the lag with our connections here in Lebanon. However, an awesome multiplayer game and experience and should be in every gamer's library.

Moving on to:
Fallout 3 Operation Anchorage DLC
Replay Battlefield 1943 (to hone my skills for the upcoming Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and get used to the controls again)

Cheers

#50 January 17 2010

Gomez012

GeorgeN wrote:

Mhm been playing a lot of Heroes of Newerth, liked it much more than dota for some reason. Also, the pings on HoN on 150ish and it actually feels like 150ms delay in-game, however in dota it says 180ms (garena), however it feels like 300 - 500ms in-game for some reason, so sticking to HoN. Also planning to get DA:origins and AC II on 360, any feedback on those games?

ACII is amazing! I finished it in 4 days will all achievements because it THAT good, I'm waiting for the DLCs to be released and once that's done I'll sell it.

I've been playing MW2 online and offline, and Lips on the 360. (Yes Lips, I like to sing )

Board footer