LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 14 2009

JoeLB

Lebanese Satellite Channel Cable Providers (Dish)

Hi there, I am talking about the Lebanese Satellite Channel Cable Providers (Dish) 2ishtirak the One everybody (almost) Have in Lebanon, I pay 20$ /month, you must pay something similar.... :rolleyes:

The issue is that the native 100 Channels of the TV Tuner are not enough to capture all the broadcasted channel, and you get an interference with local channels VHF - UHF Signals, SO to get a Good reception and all the offered channel from the Dish Provider, U need to get a Digital Receiver from him, as he claims that the channels are encrypted and no normal Receiver will get them as it contains some sort of a Dongle... But at a Whopping Price of 140$, to be able to decode the Channels. (Not gonna happen I have 3 TVs => 140 x 3 = 420$) :mad:

I think the solution could be to get the decryption Keys (if he is encrypting them like Econet) and install them on another receiver, cause i saw the reciever they sell u, it is a normal one, not like Econet (Just speculating...  )

So my question Does anyone knows the technical how to, to get those channel at a far more reasonable Price???

As the answer to this Subject could be very helpful for many in Lebanon...
Help is needed!

Regards. :cool:

Last edited by JoeLB (September 14 2009)

#2 September 15 2009

Padre

Re: Lebanese Satellite Channel Cable Providers (Dish)

just google for pirated Sat chips .... u can find them for way cheaper and ship them to lebanon.
Unless u wanna go and decrypt the channel yourself

Last edited by Padre (September 15 2009)

#3 September 15 2009

JoeLB

Padre wrote:

just google for pirated Sat chips .... u can find them for way cheaper and ship them to lebanon.
Unless u wanna go and decrypt the channel yourself

Can U explain more? Do u know the Protection Details, how it works, Like Econet...?

Since i intent to buy 1 Receiver and try to duplicate 2 others...

The Google Search Got me nowhere. :(

#4 September 16 2009

xterm

Perhaps the solution is not promoting or using piracy?

#5 September 16 2009

JoeLB

xterm wrote:

NO, xterm U got that wrong, They are Paying for the Channels Providers Like ShowTime and Orbit, so no one is robbed but us with such receiver Prices!!! And i am not using any Piracy since I am paying my dues.

#6 September 16 2009

xterm

JoeLB wrote:
xterm wrote:

NO, xterm U got that wrong, They are Paying for the Channels Providers Like ShowTime and Orbit, so no one is robbed but us with such receiver Prices!!! And i am not using any Piracy since I am paying my dues.

I seriously doubt the networks allow him to relay the stream to SUB-subscribers. This is piracy.
If you do not know whether he is or isn't allowed, you're partly innocent.
If you do know that this is piracy, you're just as guilty.

"I knew he was not allowed to do XYZ, but i bought it anyways because its cheaper than the legal approach"

#7 September 16 2009

battikh

@Joelb
so if i buy 1 original dvd, then make 1000 copy and distribute them to people, it's not piracy and no one is robbed? cool.

Last edited by battikh (September 16 2009)

#8 September 16 2009

xterm

battikh wrote:

@Joelb
so if i buy 1 original dvd, then make 1000 copy and distribute them to people, it's not piracy and no one is robbed? cool.

QFT, good example.

#9 September 16 2009

JoeLB

No, u people are getting it all wrong again.
I pay the monthly fee required and so I am entitled to receive all the 150 Channels, But since the 100 RF (VHF-UHF Megahertz Bands) are not enough to cover the 150 Broadcasted channels, the cable providers are broadcasting them on Satellite Bands in the Gigahertz range, to be able to receive them I must purchase an (originally sold at 20$) Satellite Receiver at 140$ just because they encrypted them, and I must pay this for every TV Set I have. So I see that duplicating these receivers for the other TV sets I have is No Crime, But Selling a 20$ Device at 140$ is morally unacceptable! ( I have 3 TV Sets)
Hope this clears things out …

#10 September 16 2009

J4D

i suggest  you  get  one for the main tv  at your house hold  then try to  copy from the main one to the others (the 40 $ models)  /////provided  with pictures and model numbers and brand of the  receiver  i guess i can offer some help .

#11 September 28 2009

JoeLB

xterm wrote:
JoeLB wrote:
xterm wrote:

I seriously doubt the networks allow him to relay the stream to SUB-subscribers. This is piracy.

"I knew he was not allowed to do XYZ, but i bought it anyways because its cheaper than the legal approach"

Well, What I know is that Orbit and Showtime Both made a deal/agreement with the Syndicate (Yes the Only one in the world!)of the Channels Distributers, under the supervision of the Lebanese Ministry of Information, this dates Since the 2004 football mondiale in France, and concerning the “but i bought it anyways because its cheaper than the legal approach” Dude at less than 15 USD I get 75 Premium Channel of Both Showtime and Orbit” as for the Local Channel Distributer I pay 20USD for Less then 25 Premium Channels wil ba2i fratah!!!, BUT the Problem is That I can’t get The Signal of the Legal Provider, So sadly I have to rely on cable…:rolleyes:

#12 November 18 2009

bigjudge

xterm wrote:

I don't know if you live in Lebanon xterm, but there are a lot of analogue and digital cable providers all over Lebanon, most of them are licensed to re-broadcast satelitte signal via cables, these companies legaly pay for shotime and orbit and in turn charge the locals a monthly fee to cover their expenses and of course make a profit. I have a digital cable modem that can handle over 600 channels, i get about 50 encrypted and the rest are clear channels, the digital cable modem is about $100 and the monthly fee is $15, the prices vary depending on the area. So i don't believe this is piracy seeing that the government allow these companies to re-broadcast via VHF and UHF bands.

#13 November 18 2009

Joe

the 2004 football mondiale in France

I'm no hardcore sports fan, but I'm pretty sure World Cup in France was in 1998. 2004 was the Euro Cup in Portugal.

Pretty irrelevant to the topic I agree. Still ...

Last edited by Joe (November 18 2009)

#14 January 11 2010

euryale

piracy with dish? let's stop the hipocrisy people!

#15 January 12 2010

xterm

bigjudge wrote:

I have a digital cable modem that can handle over 600 channels, i get about 50 encrypted and the rest are clear channels, the digital cable modem is about $100 and the monthly fee is $15, the prices vary depending on the area

You can get the same result purchasing the package from a registered provider and slightly cheaper.

bigjudge wrote:

So i don't believe this is piracy seeing that the government allow these companies to re-broadcast via VHF and UHF bands.

Were you around when the government pressured these people/companies into shutting down? Granted shutting them down means people going hungry (same thing applies to internet cables, and electrical generators and the lot). The effort failed and wires/illegal satellites are up and running yes again.

Last edited by xterm (January 12 2010)

Board footer