LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 15 2009

Lebscream

Iphone 3G vs htc diamond

Guys i want to buy new phone i have jasjam i dont know what should i pick ? iphone 3g or htc diamond ? which you think better

#2 April 15 2009

mir

Re: Iphone 3G vs htc diamond

You can't tell... unless u personally try both, cuz each person has a different way to interact with the device
so u may like/dislike stuff that other dislike/like.

so get them both.. play with them for a fairly long time... and then you can give me the one u don't want

but if u can't afford both... HTC Diamond !

Last edited by mir (April 15 2009)

#3 April 15 2009

Lebscream

looool i wish i could get both  hahaha yah i like diamond more but where i can find in lebanon :o

#4 April 15 2009

battikh

it depends on how you'll be using the phone.
if you want something that just works, get the iphone.
if you want something flexible, customizable, tweakable, ... go for the htc diamond.

but a good thing to do would be to at least wait for winmo 6.5 to get out as it's coming soon as it seems that 6.1 wont get the app store.

#5 April 15 2009

Lebscream

am waiting for like 2 weeks anyone know what is htc diamond price ?

#6 April 15 2009

battikh

it's 760$ in UAE and the prices of cellphones in the main electronic stores in UAE are usually very close to lebanese prices, so it should be around the same in lebanon.

Last edited by battikh (April 15 2009)

#7 April 15 2009

beezer

The new Diamond is out pretty much everywhere now. So the old one is selling cheap.

The iPhone is all about touch, seriously. I haven't seen any screen compare to that when it comes to the sensitivity of it. It pisses me off! Also you have to think about needing to jailbreak and unlock the iPhone everytime an update comes out (if you want it). But the free games you can download are fun, and syncing is also great, especially if you have a mac. With your iPhoto, and Podcasts, and all that. It's awesome and so streamline. But you will almost always need a computer to do stuff as far as I know. Which makes it limited, and Bluetooth is still crappy. But there's a program for it, but I dunno if it's free or not. And also, from what "rumors" say, there should be a new version of the iPhone coming out.

The Diamond is built on WinMo like stated before. I don't believe there'll be any point waiting for the new OS to come out because it will be a while before it hits actual store shelves, pre-installed on there. Your best bet will be to just download and update the ROM from a source online. It's easy as hell. I've used WinMo devices for a while, used to have an iPAQ 3800 series and I still have a Dell Axim x50v. Which don't have phone features. But the downloads are endless, ActiveSync has been nice to me (although some people hated it in the early stages), you can customize every single bit of it. You can also remote desktop from it, print with infrared/wireless/bluetooth (I dunno if the iPhone can do that really). You can sync through bluetooth also, just really endless. TouchFlo3D on the HTC is also really nice to play in. And the new Diamond 2 has a very cool feature of incorporating every contact with their own email/msg/info panel kind of thing. I'm personally buying the Diamond 2 in the upcoming week. Been waiting for it, forever!

#8 April 15 2009

Lebscream

thanks bezeer

#9 April 16 2009

xterm

I'm waiting for alfa to release their blackberry service. I'm probably going to get a BB Storm myself.

#10 April 16 2009

beezer

Oh, something I forgot to mention. The HTC doesn't have a 3.5mm headphone jack which really is a shame. Some of you will say "Bluetooth" but then, on planes. You can't use that.

I find the Berry pointless, unless you are really one of those people who needs to be in touch. And if you are one of those people, you will hate it. Because of how connected you become to work. Everyone I ask that has one (and is really a business oriented person) says they hate it because of how often it keeps them connected, and how they can be contacted at the last minute of the day.

#11 April 16 2009

xterm

beezer wrote:

Oh, something I forgot to mention. The HTC doesn't have a 3.5mm headphone jack which really is a shame. Some of you will say "Bluetooth" but then, on planes. You can't use that.

I find the Berry pointless, unless you are really one of those people who needs to be in touch. And if you are one of those people, you will hate it. Because of how connected you become to work. Everyone I ask that has one (and is really a business oriented person) says they hate it because of how often it keeps them connected, and how they can be contacted at the last minute of the day.

The sad and obvious truth. To me, there's no escape to what you just said.

#12 April 16 2009

battikh

beezer wrote:

that's not a big deal, you have small mini-usb to 3.5mm jacks converters that are almost not bulky at all.

#13 April 18 2009

beezer

WinMo 6.5 will be released May 11th.
So if you can hold off until June. You might be able to snag a copy already put on the HTC.

If you want to stay legal that is.

#14 April 19 2009

Kareem

I have the touch HD and it rocks... forget about the diamond.. 3.8 inches screen is what its all about

#15 April 22 2009

beezer

I used the the Diamond 2 at Gitex the other day. Same processor as the Diamond but a lot faster, speaker is really nice. With all the loud noises going on, I could still hear it without a problem. And I love the slimness of it.
The HD is pretty nice, my buddy has one. But this one is smaller factor, which is what I'm looking for. Touch sensitivity was really close to the iPhone on this one as well.

#16 April 22 2009

crazy

Interested in games, and fun application that makes your phone battery die before sunset? go for an iphone:) (and yes, I've used an iphone for more than a week... use 3G, gps, application, all that iphone offers, battery will not last)
HTC maybe more boring^^ but depends on what you really want... and rumors are that a new iphone will hit the market in june.
Wait for the apple thingy (forgot what they call it) in june... decide then, unless you are very much in a hurry to buy a new phone.

I'll get soon the N97, when it will be released, I wait like 1-2 month, its price will go down, I buy it:)
Check it if you want, its an amazing piece of technology

#17 April 24 2009

karim soubra

keynote

#18 April 24 2009

crazy

Yes:) Keynote, thanks karim.

Till now, the only things that is sure about the existence of a new iphone, is that in this keynote, the new OS will be released the 3.0 . And the rumors are, that no new OS comes without a new hardware with apple... so...

Last edited by crazy (April 24 2009)

#19 April 30 2009

beezer

You'll have to wait until it's cracked to work on all systems and then worry about every update. And not display arabic properly as well. And possibly, still have the limited bluetooth.

iPhone fails. WinMo is just as fun and has an endless amount of apps for download.

Board footer