LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#76 April 7 2009

rolf

Re: Feedback for VISP

Thats not only in lebanon, thats how business works in the arab world. The company I was working with went through the same problem in saudi arabia, they got all their equipment confiscated.
Im sad that happened...

Last edited by rolf (April 7 2009)

#77 April 7 2009

teodorgeorgiev

rolf wrote:

Thats not only in lebanon, thats how business works in the arab world. The company I was working with went through the same problem in saudi arabia, they got all their equipment confiscated.
Im sad that happened...

AND SO WHAT???  Are you criticizing the arabic world? DO YOU KNOW that 500 million years ago arabs used to have a bath (hamam), whilst  Europeans have been doing that job outside ?

:cool:

Now seriously - yes, that is the way Middle East works. You need to live, to eat, to drink, to breath --> IT IS ILLEGAL, but the government does
not provide you with a legal way. Ok, 80% of the Internet access in Lebanon is illegal, ISPs take Internet from outside via satellite dishes and
some - via microwave links from Cyprus. Fully agree - it is illegal. But did the goat-fuckers provide them WITH ANY OTHER CHOICE? The ISPs
want to be legal, but there is no way.

Last edited by teodorgeorgiev (April 7 2009)

#78 April 7 2009

xterm

All ISPs are crap. The government is crap.

#79 April 7 2009

Lebscream

lol xterm lebanon is crap so sure ISP and goverment should be crap 2

#80 April 7 2009

mir

it is mostly the Gov. and mostly US who don't know how to act
sometimes , ISPs can't do much, there are the regulations and such
and actually those ISPs are actually the politicians in the gov.

stupid greedy politicians ... everything is a mafia game for them... either do this or we kick you out... we are the strong guys, they don't care about the citizens/customers... they don't really wanna provide us with good solution

for fuck sake... look where the region is... if we don't have basic internet.. what do we have.. how can we work.. all the IT and businesses are suffering ... nothing is really competitive... we are standing still... it is not just about some ppl who want to play online games...ppl who want to download lot of videos and do somehow demanding connection tasks.. it is the whole infrastructure suffering and going backward while the world around is going at supersonic speeds
it is really annoying... and more than annoying... life depressing.

and a big part of it is our fault... we leave them to do this ... we are either silent or giving up about the situation

Some guys have been working on something really serious regarding this.
I hope soon we will have something to "suggest" and I hope lot of fellow geeks will join the effort.. cuz it will be based on everyone of us to make it work.

sorry for the off-topic.. but since this was turning into general discussion, i just posted my thoughts
I wish the VISP ppl can solve all this , they are an ISP that were trying to do "Good" stuff despite all the problems they were put into.. and i hope this is not some "vengeance" act.
I wish some other ISPs have their tech team or at least sales team on this forum... i want to know their feedbacks

Last edited by mir (April 7 2009)

#81 April 7 2009

Lebscream

we all know why they doing this to VISP it is the only one that give unlimited download and let us talk real here 90% of da7ye netcafe is from VISP and if they closed VISP or whatever happen many people gonna loose there jobs WTF is going i dont care anymore about home user even am one of home users but i can imagine when like 10 20 netcafe gonna close in my place and like 50 persons gonna be without any job or any shit ... wel sabab chou kermel sherke tenye testafed aw maba3ref chou bekafe ba2a !!! no one in lebanon work legal men el ra2es la zabel kelo byesro2 wkelo bado masle7to wbass y7oto 3a2lon by cherke m3ayne bya3mlowa heye el wa7ede behal balad 3am tesro2 sorry for arabic bass 3anjad fe2sene eno 3am shouf 3alam 3nda wled 3am yekhrab bayta kermel maskheret Ogero aw maskheret maba3ref men !! nshalla ykon wesletkon what i mean

Last edited by Lebscream (April 7 2009)

#82 April 7 2009

mir

batroun city has been out of internet connection for like 5 days !

translation so nuc can understand 
like 50 persons gonna be without any job or any shit... and the reason is that for another company can benefit or someone i donno who.... i think it is enough already ! .. no one in lebanon works legal from the leaders and top to the garbage guy , all steal and everyone wants only his own good, but when they are determined to destroy a company, they make it look like it is " the " company in charge of all the robbing and stealing.
sorry for the arabic.. i am just going out of my mind , cuz i am really pissed seeing families with kids and houses being destroyed (negatively affected) and all this happening so ogero or somebody's companyy !!!
( hope u got what i mean )

--- and as a reply. lebscream.. it is not that those companies don't want to go legal or are avoiding legal procedures.. they have license... they applied for papers and procedures...they just have to wait "nshalla bokra"...  it is just a very dirty game.
or the gov. makes it obsolete... to have internet from the new backbone you have to pay 100 Million Dollar fee (i am serious ) ... this is like saying : go F*** yourself ! seriously

the solution is not to keep the illegal ways.. it is provide alternative first, then remove the illegal ways

Last edited by mir (April 7 2009)

#83 April 7 2009

nuclearcat

Well, the first hand who did it - it is telecom minister Jebran Bassil. Already he have been questioned, why he stop "illegal"  and at same time he (and his predecessor too) didnt gave alternative before? All ISP's will be happy to use Ogero backbone, officially and pay for them (current official price is perfect), but they DONT GIVE, even all papers done and fees paid, and they dont give any reasons why they dont give.

I'm awaiting answer for Aoun party (Jebran Bassil is with Aoun) about this case also. If nothing is done, probably it will hurt them much on upcoming elections.

#84 April 7 2009

Lebscream

mir really thank for translation i feel really bad when i see many Friends reseller dont know what to do now ... and as u said no alternative and it is impossible for netcafe to get ogero accounts with limits or any other company cause all of account is quota and this really bad for netcafe .. :)

#85 April 7 2009

Lebscream

nuclearcat wrote:

Well, the first hand who did it - it is telecom minister Jebran Bassil. Already he have been questioned, why he stop "illegal"  and at same time he (and his predecessor too) didnt gave alternative before? All ISP's will be happy to use Ogero backbone, officially and pay for them (current official price is perfect), but they DONT GIVE, even all papers done and fees paid, and they dont give any reasons why they dont give.

I'm awaiting answer for Aoun party (Jebran Bassil is with Aoun) about this case also. If nothing is done, probably it will hurt them much on upcoming elections.

Nuclear  as i said if the internet problem not solved soon i wont go to elections lool or i will put blank paper  and if samer doesnt mind i will say what i will put on that paper  lol

#86 April 7 2009

proners

So he's screwing us up, and we know that the other party didn't do anything good in this direction(at least yet ) when they controlled things... So both political parties are just looking for ways to 'extort' more money from the poeple while hiding under false pretenses, so lol it doesn't matter who will win this election because we already know that the outcome will be the same ...(i didn't talk about independant candidates because we know that they are going to fail to win in the elections, right ..)
the only solution for us is to be more vocal about this and put more pressure on both parties in this subject so they'll hopefully work up a fix... Anyway i don't see this happening in the near future

#87 April 7 2009

proners

and if samer doesnt mind i will say what i will put on that paper  lol

most probably a soaking paper of lebanese insults ( *** emkon )

#88 April 7 2009

Lebscream

lloool bravo proners  (emkon* kelkon sawa  )

#89 April 7 2009

Lebscream

nuclear is all visp client facing the same problem  cause i heard from friend there is reseller called "azaam" internet working fine and he is a visp reseller is that true or not ? and dude is the problem gonna solve or u dont know ?

#90 April 7 2009

hussam

nuclearcat, I've seen you many times before in lkml and I trust you. I've been using only Linux (no windows) since early 2003.

I use my VISP connection for stuff like svn/cvs/git, updating my Linux installation, and mostly online games which run natively on Linux and don't really use much bandwidth but instead need a reliable connection like VISP's connection.
Currently, only msn and http{s} are working which are of little use to me without online gaming.

I know you are a capable person but when do you expect VISP to be fully operational again? Is is a matter of days or will it take a week or so?

#91 April 7 2009

Lebscream

lol first of all welcome arround hussam  second maybe it not gonna solve at all lol

#92 April 7 2009

hussam

Lebscream wrote:

lol first of all welcome arround hussam  second maybe it not gonna solve at all lol

Thanks for the welcome and :( lol

#93 April 7 2009

Lebscream

hahaha am kidding i think tom should be fixed

#94 April 7 2009

proners

who is tom

#95 April 7 2009

Lebscream

looool my gf

tom is bokra  ma2ele jledy ekteba kela lol

#96 April 7 2009

hussam

lol I get it now "tom should be fixed". It sounds a bit nasty and disturbing now. :/

#97 April 7 2009

nuclearcat

Lebscream wrote:

nuclear is all visp client facing the same problem  cause i heard from friend there is reseller called "azaam" internet working fine and he is a visp reseller is that true or not ? and dude is the problem gonna solve or u dont know ?

It is not reseller, it is Sub-ISP.
Problem is getting solved step by step. It is taking time, money and resources to restore full capacity, so can't be done immediately.

#98 April 8 2009

rolf

Lebscream one day youre gonna trip and fall and ur tongue will get cut off...
:)

Last edited by rolf (April 8 2009)

#99 April 8 2009

Lebscream

huh ?? why this rolf

#100 April 8 2009

Lebscream

rolf wrote:

Lebscream one day youre gonna trip and fall and ur tongue will get cut off...
:)

So .. .what even if my tongue get cut off i have fingers to type ... anyway if you have problem with me or something easy just say it or ignore me so easy

Board footer