LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 February 26 2009

proners

Re: Feedback for VISP

Lebscream wrote:

is there a way to get direct internet from visp ?

yes please...
sadly i couldn't find an answer on visp.net.lb, the website has many shortcomings >< hope nuc will put some pressure on boss to force update

Last edited by proners (February 26 2009)

#52 March 11 2009

Lebscream

just for VISP users guys are u facing really slow internet from like 6pm+ i tried 3 resselers in place i live all same :S any other VISP client facing this issue

#53 March 11 2009

Lebscream

and yah i submit ticket 2 times on VISP customer page no reply ...

#54 March 12 2009

nuclearcat

ticket id?

internet should be perfect at last 3 evenings... if there is no link problems to reseller and it is not another sub-ISP
Almost direct connection is for users who have @visp.net.lb at the end. So username looks like user@visp.net.lb .
Our installations now is suspended, because of new regulations, and we are waiting for DSL. As soon as we run it, it will be easier to run service directly from VISP.

#55 March 12 2009

Lebscream

hey nuclear i dont know my ticket ID i submit my issue in https://customer.visp.net.lb/_cabinet/support.php and i dont really know if my resseller has a problem but all i know i tried VISP internet with 3 different resselers and i notice after 6pm internet going so slow anyway i can give u my account by email and if u can check up for me i will be really thanks ..

#56 March 12 2009

Lebscream

Ok nuclear my ID: YCU-670534

#57 March 12 2009

proners

nuclearcat wrote:

Our installations now is suspended, because of new regulations, and we are waiting for DSL. As soon as we run it, it will be easier to run service directly from VISP.

So what are exactly those new regulations ? And how long this wait is going to be ?

So basically you're telling me, VISP is great but resellers sucks, and you can only subscribe to us thru resellers, excuse me but i find that this is a weird logic... well maybe some more insight on the topic can clear things up...

#58 March 27 2009

rolf

nuclear, regarding your anti-worm solution, i would really like to have that as an extra security.
I have avira antivirus free, malwarebytes anti-malware, yet i would really appreciate a double check from the network like what you did, especially since a worm can infect very low level and stay undetected by antivirus.
One other problem with antivirus is that u sometimes tend to be reckless. For example a coworker said his usb stick is infected. Knowing that i have antivirus I said well put it in my laptop and well remove the virus :)...
Now antivirus did not detect anything, but they were some weird hidden files!
So now Im scratching my head and wondering if i have been infected... If i didnt have an antivirus installed i wouldnt have taken this risk...

#59 March 28 2009

Lebscream

From like a month tell now i rare have fair internet @ day or night squid keep going down keep getting dc pppoe connect even reply from dns connection go not slow it something even more then slow don't know how to describe it maybe you guys have a good description. anyway i sumbit like 3 tickets tell now and i got no answer even i know the answer already your reseller have link problems blablabla .... even i said before my account not from bandwidth ( i mean my reseller his accounts direct from VISP ) and even i said like 10 or 15 times i have 2 different resellers in my house 2 different links . nuclear mate easy believe it is so easy just you can tell me we have huge ammount of users and our internet can't handle all those users so of this we are facing slow internet lately i can understand this and stop asking and asking... anyway as someone from here told me before solve this problem and get Ogero(dsl) it is maybe not so good for WoW but at least i can be 99% sure i wont dc 10 25 times/day and more

#60 March 28 2009

rolf

Give the support a break, they receive tens of phone calls from angry customers every day, and they have no patience for someone who doesnt understand a straightforward answer. Granted, they are not the most polite people around, but pick the most polite person on earth, put them as support in an ISP, and send them 3 times the same ticket, they will ignore you.
Anyway this is a technical business. If you want to prove something you have to give technical data showing that it is right.
I was angry at you for being so stubborn, but i have to say, the whole reseller scheme is weird, who has the responsibility in such cases?
Normally a reseller takes the connection from the ISP, then distributes it among customers. But in this case it seems the PPOE connection is direct between you and VISP, yet the equipment is probably reseller equipment, so like they say in arabic, day3a el tasse. It is not clear where VISPs responsibility ends and the resellers responsibility begins...It is also possibly due to the bad weather we had lately.
But in this case just revert to common sense... the person you are paying is responsible for providing you with the service.
Cant you just scrap the 2 connections, and get a DSL or something direct from an ISP? It is much more stable.

Last edited by rolf (March 28 2009)

#61 March 29 2009

Lebscream

rolf dude dont get angry @ me believe me am already angry alot ... and i wish i can get direct dsl from VISP ..

#62 March 29 2009

rolf

Why cant u get ADSL at your home?
And since youre so angry with VISP, why do you want to get DSL from them??

#63 March 29 2009

Lebscream

because i like there conection when it work :) and i want to try DSL from them maybe they wont have problems same wireless dont know

#64 March 29 2009

rolf

DSL costs the same then 2 connections n is the same quality all day long but there are download quotas.

#65 March 29 2009

Lebscream

VISP doesnt have DSL yet true ?

#66 March 29 2009

nuclearcat

Almost, we have limited DSL coverage from long time for corporate customers.
But most of them we switch to our solutions, cause it is unreliable (sometimes going down at raining, or burned at ligthening). But still few is on DSL, who is stable.
We are making deal with Ogero, but it is hard. Conditions to run it not very appropriate, and we are highly interested to find way to run Flatrate DSL, not ***G/month.

Last edited by nuclearcat (March 29 2009)

#67 April 6 2009

Lebscream

Hello is VISP closing ? 3 days without internet strange :o i heard that goverment gonna cloose VISP ... ? is that true ?

#68 April 6 2009

nuclearcat

I manage to run browsing, MSN, few other applications on reduced capacity. Yes, games will not work, if you call it "no internet", for sure.
So it is not completely true, but it hits us very hard. I will explain why:
Most of our backbone uplink is from private Lebanese company. We are supposed to have backbone from Ogero telecom, but since we apply and got ISP license (you can see it on telecom ministry website) they manage to give us 128Kbit/s and by various reasons delay to give more, even we finish all paperwork and paid all fees. How they say here "Inshalla, bukra". Actually what they are doing - violation of law.

Seems new minister or someone near him approving recently very nice actions to grab all this business under their hands and force all people in Lebanon to pay "per traffic", since we are only one company who is trying to provide internet "flat rate". As i know Ogero suspend now installations of new DSL, because they are not capable to run it with current prices. They use obsolete and very basic "ready made" technologies, which will not let them compete with other ISP's. So they have two ways - evolve and make service better... or kick out other ISP's from market by their government power. Seems they chose second way.
The company who provide us connection suddently stop to work at Saturday morning. Equipment ceased. As gov't officials says "it is illegal". On my information, there was nothing illegal. Before working with them, i checked ip's, they was few C ranges away from Ogero telecom, owned by same company.
To be exact i have some numbers kept:
Ogero MX server for mail (MX record) 205.177.180.160
Our IP was 205.177.186.74
Traceroute also was all clear, going over some major backbone, and i compare Ogero and ours - it is completely same. I am experienced in such things, and i know there is few ways to trick things, and i am very choosy about illegal things and will refuse to work with anything that is "wrong".
I (and my bosses) was thinking it is just "proxy" company who is taking from Ogero.
So whatever officials says it will apply to Ogero telecom too.

As i know they was doing the same "raid" for Pesco telecom, steal equipment they can take with them very fast, till noone understand what is happening, damage more equipment that they cannot take, much more as possible, and run away. Because on same location(that time it was Tripoli, big telecom tower) was our 2 servers (proxy and router for few customers), they damage all that too. Even UPS. Sure they wont return anything.

Additionally they did it at Saturday early morning, so noone can do anything, and few days ISP will be down. Sorry to say, but how this part of government work now it is more looks like terrorism or racket. If situation not going to change, people have to think well, who they are electing soon. Telecom and technologies going to see very hard time in near future then.

#69 April 6 2009

Lebscream

Nuclear mate.. am not saying anything am just asking cause i heard from people and arround That VISP gonna close just wanna be sure if that is true or not ? no more and is this problem gonna solve soon hope so ? iam asking here cause i cant even login to support page to ask and know :S

Last edited by Lebscream (April 6 2009)

#70 April 6 2009

Lebscream

And about DSL it is true i keep calling about when they gonna come to install my dsl and thep keep saying Sorry " 3ena daghet" am not blaming you or VISP for real i know that we living is shit country metel mab2ol el matal " 7akema 7arameya" but what can we do nthing for real and about election we all know who gonna win this election and we all know nthing gonna change except faces and some names ...

#71 April 6 2009

nuclearcat

If all will go right way - in 1-3 days everything will be fully operational.

#72 April 6 2009

proners

I'd say to expect more raids in the near future , maybe the minister is going to do that link with the gulf, and then he wants to showcase that he's providing the best internet connection possible(by gimping other providers, we all know that the link is a sob story )

#73 April 6 2009

nuclearcat

Probably it is related to some other ISP. As soon as VISP went down, IDM went to president palace and told, "Ur internet down, we propose to switch to us". They didnt knew for corporate customers we have backup... so maybe there is some unfair competition running. Anyway our lawyers is preparing papers regarding all that, and also we will run backup capacity that will almost match what we had before.

#74 April 6 2009

crazy

hehe, I thought something went wrong this weekend..
There were also some websites like gmail and hotmail we couldn't manage to get to them, only by bypassing proxy. Sunday late at night everything worked but no online gaming. That's understandable regarding the situation.

Let's hope they will grow up and let visp alone, I really don't want adsl... it still sucks :(

#75 April 7 2009

proners

/cry /sob i can't watch yet this week's episode of 24 nor heroes waa waaa

Board footer