LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 January 11 2009

rolf

Re: Feedback for VISP

whoa..... mir is pissed off! :o

#27 January 11 2009

mir

lol teo
well now i got the full list of the languages you know.. i will make sure i get the facts about you first  before accusing you next time

Thanks for Editing the post, the replies sometimes make you look just like a bully, who understands nothing.. and that just speaks big words, and we both know it is not the case

The proverb means "Everyone is giving advices, but noone is giving bread". It is not insulting. Instead of giving advices, which are obvious, one could better "give us some smart guys/girls" smile

I will keep that in mind, next time someone is whining about the "no work in lebanon" , i will tell him about job, at least if he/she is not serious, they will stop the nagging in front of me, if they are good ppl, it will be nice if they get a job interview

keep up the good tech work you do with nuc, Hoping that supid support guys/girls don't erase all the trouble and effort you make working with VISP

Last edited by mir (January 11 2009)

#28 January 11 2009

teodorgeorgiev

rolf wrote:

whoa..... mir is pissed off! :o

pissed? :/ ;)

#29 January 11 2009

rolf

And, since i feel indirectly mentioned, I had nothing but good intentions.
Why you got offended, I dont know. You can just disregard my advice...
I was in no way telling that you dont know your job, I have respect for you and your team and I know youre really good engineers. But sometimes even great people can miss obvious things... that is why I offer suggestions even if the person i am offering it to has 100 times more experience then me...
But seriously... maybe I shouldnt do that, because its not my problem after all. Why use use my brain and fingers for something that is not my problem...

And your proverb is spot on... it is something I should keep in mind... It could benefit me.

And Im sorry if i offended you.

Last edited by rolf (January 11 2009)

#30 January 11 2009

teodorgeorgiev

Another turkish proverb, this time translated:

"People put their brains for sale on the market (bazar). Everyone bought his brain back"

I am just telling it, cause it is nice, and cause I like proverbs. No offense or hidden "finger pointing" at anyone :)

The previous proverb was said with the same attitude (indeed).

#31 January 11 2009

mir

well... i edited my post as well ...
as rolf said.. someone would assume i am really pissed

do u think someone could buy 2 brains and get a brain cor 2 duo  ?
I would never go to such market, unless to get rid of stuff.. not to acquire lol

sorry for the off-topic

Last edited by mir (January 11 2009)

#32 January 12 2009

battikh

concerning the support thing and that only "unqualified" people apply, or stupid people apply because all the "smart" people have left the country, i kind of disagree... smart people don't apply simply because of the low wage a support person would get. why would a smart person apply for a job while he could get a better one? there are still plenty of smart people in lebanon, it's just that they can get better jobs with better wages. and for us support is usually an entry level job, a job for fresh graduates, with very few experience that we use to then get a better position/job. it's not a job "smart" people dream of. smart and qualified people with experience don't want to work as support...
so it's not really a question of smart people not being available. the pay is simply not juicy enough and the job is an entry level one.
in life you get what you pay for. if you pay 100$ for a job, you get a 100$ worth employee. and if you have an entry level job position, you wont get the smart people. you wont find a good surgeon working as a janitor in a hospital.

Last edited by battikh (January 12 2009)

#33 January 12 2009

rolf

janitor experience is very important on the cv.

#34 January 12 2009

battikh

^^ yeah, that's what i said, it's what fresh graduates go for. it's good for the beginning of your career, when you still don't have much experience and want a better job later on. it's an entry level job, you do it for the only purpouse of moving out of it later on. once you get experience and start getting better in IT/networking you'll move to a more rewarding job...

Last edited by battikh (January 12 2009)

#35 February 21 2009

Lebscream

hey guys i post before on another forum and talked to nuclearcat iam a visp client like 2 years ago " Ekhed men resseler " because i cant get direct internet from VISP because i live alone in building anyway for like a week and half visp seem so  bad for game " WOW europe server " latency was 200 max 400 now min 400  and some time 2000ms lol but i feel now they fix it i dont know they reply to my ticket and they said it is from my resseler link i contact him and he said it is not true it is from VISP internet wshoufo men el sede2

#36 February 21 2009

crazy

hey lebscream, it's always like this, you get into a pinball machine until you speak with a higher tone, most of the times you get better result.
VISP has been changing some equipment (or so i've heard) but they have been really improving, I'm happy with my connection, i just hope it stays that way, or get better;)

As for wow, also playing on european server, its quite good, no significant latency to tell about.
By the way, welcome to the forum (unless you're an old member that changed his nick:) )

#37 February 21 2009

proners

Well I've had some mixed experience with VISP playing World of Warcraft on european servers, I've had no trouble at all leveling my main from 70 to 80, the connection was smooth well except in major cities at peak times... but when i started raiding, the worse bit appeared, i am getting some disconnects in 10 man raids, 25 man raids are utterly unplayable at all!!!!... i should point out that the disconnect problem is relative with the time of the day, ye3ni el dohr betkoon el meshkleh sghireh bas kelma tejeh el 3alam men sheghlah w tefta7 internet, btsir ma bten7emel...
Well i am thinking of canning my account until i can get blink(move to another apartement).. BUT

@nuclearcat, i'd like to give VISP one more chance, i've been using the unlimited FUP accounts(tried both 265k, 512k from reseller) and as i said, it was pretty bad at end-game content, so i've read an article in ur support center knowledge base explaining about connection speeds and now i can see how things go for unlimited accounts, basically we can't the 64K(minimum guarenteed speed to play the game) from our 256k or even 512k(384k sometimes!) accounts at peak hours(non-work hours)...

So my question is i've heard that u guys have accounts that have limited bandwith consumption(like 256k, 9 gigs limit), is this account gunna satisfy my needs? and please be honest, 'cause your honesty will reflect in this thread in the future...

#38 February 21 2009

nuclearcat

Honestly there is no guarantee at peak time, except corporate.

Prices for end-users in lebanon go lower, but expenses go higher. New regulations from government will force ISP's to spend millions of USD for new equipment. Practically they do right job, but this expenses will force ISP's to make "economy" on existing services.
Recently also police and Ogero ceased some other operator equipment in one of telecom towers... ours was in same room. It was taken too (UPS and servers) and broken, they was not so careful. All fiber cables was broken too. Sure it is affected the service. And because of bad weather, we cannot climb to tower to repair all things. Funny thing, this ISP tried to lie, that all equipment was belongs to VISP. Bad luck for them, that police already asked janitor there and tower owners, and they told there is some things(servers) for VISP, but things that was illegal - not for VISP. Pfeww.... because those illegal things will lead to 1.000.000.000 LL fees for person who own them. No mistakes in zero's.

Recent days especially it is hard time for ISP's. Bad weather, all people sit at home and want download, download, download.

Another problem, people do not give a shit about their computer cleanliness. I tried to implement solution, that detects worms and block user browsing showing page "u are infected"... till he clean pc. As soon as worm stops connecting to "control servers" - customer browsing will be restored. U cannot imagine how much swearing i heard. People dont want to think about security of their computers at all. I was forced to switch off this system. But this means local networks of some resellers will be flooded by this worms, and performance will degrade there. Really i dont understand people, who run their cracked XP with cracked nod32 (which not updating themself correctly), and they are not giving attention what websites they are visiting.

BUT. Wow should be fine at most places still. Fill a ticket at support.visp.net.lb, i will track if there is any specific problem at your reseller link or our base station. There is chance, that if you are running over reseller, and it is reseller _internal_ link problem - we can't do anything. Sure i will show a proof, if i will find any problem.

Last edited by nuclearcat (February 21 2009)

#39 February 21 2009

Lebscream

thanks crazy yah am new and i saw yesterday and today problem is fixed my ms on wow back 200+ and i like visp i cant find any better isp provider anyway ogero bad and terra more then suck i tried it 2000+ ping yahoo lol and 3k ms on eu server and download was like 10kb or 15 as max

#40 February 21 2009

proners

@lebscream, how can ogero be bad? all the feedback i've heard for it was positive, very stable connection... but if u mean the low bandwith limit, yh u're right, but if u like to play more,, then downloading some series or movies or watchin youtube than ogero is definetely better;; i hope i can get blink soon but i am seriously considering keepin my visp connection because it's very good when it doesn't crap down, i'll still use it for more hardcore browzing and downloading(btw now i am not downloading anything cz i don't want my connection to degrade ><, sticking to mininum consumption possible ...)

@nuclearcat, i see your frustration, but a recent study showed that 50 per cent of PCs in the US! are unprotected(no security suite, or not updated one), well the ratio tends be much higher in lebanon lol, well like most lebanese i use some illegal software and open-source software but i am smart enough NOT to use a compromised copy of windows or security software, I pay for 'em(good thing that i have a visa card:p), i am currently using spyware doctor + threatfire(really good combo from my experience)
.... and ouch about the hardware and materials u guys lost, that's sad ;_; ... now i have some exams in uni, so i am not playing but i'll definetely raise a ticket as soon as i can...

edit: btw what is this 'corporate' u mentionned, and does not quota accounts offer 'almost' guarenteed speed ...else what's the use of the 'Quota' and higher price!

Last edited by proners (February 21 2009)

#41 February 22 2009

Lebscream

sorry for late answer proners :) i never said Blink is bad for real i want someone who tested it before for WoW and tell me what ms i will get i already have the DSL router all i need to go and make an application for ogero i dont care for limit iam not hardcore downloader or youtube watcher just msn and some sites :) and for sure " WoW " and " WarHammer" but all i need stable good net for WoW as now my VISP resseler has link problem lol so i have to use modem pft ...

#42 February 24 2009

Lebscream

feedback ... so suck this 2 weeks it worked 1 day only as a good internet and other days so bad if this site take like 40 secs to open or more and hayda el site has no load at all . good job VISP !!!

#43 February 24 2009

crazy

Lebscream, I am assuming your are giving feedback about visp. I think your problem is from your reseller, because I also am a VISP customer and I have no problem with the connection. Check with your reseller, or open a ticket on visp support, maybe they would go back and check with the reseller.

#44 February 24 2009

rolf

Lebscream wrote:

feedback ... so suck this 2 weeks it worked 1 day only as a good internet and other days so bad if this site take like 40 secs to open or more and hayda el site has no load at all . good job VISP !!!

Resellers arent the most honest people arount, and sometimes they just have no idea whats happening, someone installed the system for them and they only know how to collect payments.
Lebscream, if youre paying directly to VISP, then your connection is VISP. If youre paying to  Mr. XX then your connection is MR. XX and it is his problem to get you a good connection, and to find a good provider if VISP is not good like he says.

#45 February 25 2009

Lebscream

crazy,rolf if the problem From my resseler or something how it work @ morning tell 4 , 5 pm then after it become so slow sites , msn and WoW everything change ka2no tghayaret el internet kela hehhe

#46 February 25 2009

nuclearcat

Well ,even u are from reseller, still VISP sometimes can help.

#47 February 25 2009

crazy

Simple Lebscream. Your reseller have installed hardware that is not sufficient for the number of user that he manage (actually all reseller do that^^).
Think about it, morning people go to work/school 4-5 pm is when people come back from work/school. Your provider lack the hardware, that could be one of the reason. Don't know about his configuration of the network.

#48 February 25 2009

nuclearcat

Especially because many resellers use chinese made wireless (obsolete maybe 8 years ago), which affected by interference a lot.

#49 February 25 2009

Lebscream

is there a way to get direct internet from visp ?

#50 February 25 2009

xterm

teodorgeorgiev wrote:

BUT -> THE MAJORITY OF THE SMART LEBANESE  ... HAVE LEFT LEBANON in the past few years.

I would like to state that the quoted is relatively untrue.

Board footer