LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 5 2023

infiniteloop

Best car tire shops in Lebanon?

Hello,
I want to change the sloppy tires of my car and did a little research in the market here.

Unfortunately we have lot of missing brands/models like Goodyear and Continental that are winning the top 3 for summer tires.

Is there a shop that is bringing what other shop don't? Like Goodyear Efficient Grip 2 and Continental Premiumcontact 7?

#2 July 7 2023

Salloum

Re: Best car tire shops in Lebanon?

I have dealt with Bakarji for tires since forever, they have a very wide selection, good service and competitive prices. You'll find them on google, they are in Dora.
On a side note, due to the roads condition, I wouldn't invest in very expensive tires in Lebanon, everyone I know there buys either Chinese or other low-end tires and swap them out every year or two to stay fresh. That's overall a lower cost of ownership as you are liable to hit a pothole and blow your tire at any time these days.

#3 July 9 2023

AvoK95

Based on my personal experience, there's no single place.

You need to shop around and actually know how to do the tire replacement yourself in order to monitor the incorrect way their employees do them, and yet you tip them anyway.

In terms of brands, I've been struggling to find something proper, I'm eventually settling on the best I can find. I was on the phone for two days last time I needed tires

#4 July 10 2023

infiniteloop

Finally ended up getting the Michelin CrossClimate 2 they have tons of very positive reviews both pros and end users
I got them from a shop very close to Michelin official dealer on the Dora main road
What I also liked is that both owners (Lebanese) changed the tires and did the ''trosros''

#5 August 8 2023

LifeEngineer

infiniteloop wrote:

Finally ended up getting the Michelin CrossClimate 2 they have tons of very positive reviews both pros and end users
I got them from a shop very close to Michelin official dealer on the Dora main road
What I also liked is that both owners (Lebanese) changed the tires and did the ''trosros''

Can you share more info please? I need to change my tires and I'm looking into my options.
My car tires are 205x55x16 (205x50x16 also works), and funnily enough I have currently Michelin tires but I totally forgot from where I got them since I installed them back in 2016! They still are grippy but the surface is getting cracks and stuff...

I recently asked a store near my house that sells Yokohama and he told me that he can leave a 205x50x16 yokohama tire for around 85$.

#6 August 8 2023

infiniteloop

LifeEngineer wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

Can you share more info please? I need to change my tires and I'm looking into my options.
My car tires are 205x55x16 (205x50x16 also works), and funnily enough I have currently Michelin tires but I totally forgot from where I got them since I installed them back in 2016! They still are grippy but the surface is getting cracks and stuff...

I recently asked a store near my house that sells Yokohama and he told me that he can leave a 205x50x16 yokohama tire for around 85$.

Yokohoma which ones?
They have some average ones and some very good, but none could match the Michelin CrossClimate 2,  bare in mind it's another level of price but if you want peace of mind...
CrossClimate 2 are very good in every situations, they are the best of ''all seasons'' tires, you can even drive on snow with them like if it was a winter tire

Board footer