LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 28 2023

Mastermind

$20 internet package in 2023 (Marketed as "Best for Gaming")

Platinum-ISE

This is becoming unacceptable and really needs to stop. it is wrong on so many level, it makes me sick.

The top tier package from the only isp in my area, will give you on paper 4mbps "real" (which means anything you do on the internet others than what is cache" on their local cdn (youtube videos, netflix, tiktok, facebook/instagram media) no idea what "online study" refers to but I am guessing its for zoom/meets etc...

On top of that, it has FUP, on a 4mbps internet in 2023 you have fup to lower your internet speed even more to 1mpbs, (they said the daily quota is 10GB. which i really really doubt)

This is the state of internet in Lebanon, and it's getting worse by the day,

[The global average household internet speed is 80mbps]

I am sad now,

Last edited by Mastermind (April 28 2023)

#2 May 1 2023

Salloum

Re: $20 internet package in 2023 (Marketed as "Best for Gaming")

I feel your pain but also, to be honest this made me laugh. It's like people don't see the state of the country. How can internet services possibly be better than that?

#3 May 1 2023

Space

Most of them are out of touch and still living in 2010, it's absurd that companies like Alfa/touch still offer 500mb, which can be easily consumed in just an hour of watching videos. In my area, the cable guy is asking $10 for 8gb/24h and claiming it's sufficient for a family of 5. Unfortunately, nothing will be done; things will remain as they are.

Salloum wrote:

I feel your pain but also, to be honest this made me laugh. It's like people don't see the state of the country. How can internet services possibly be better than that?

It still doesn't give them the excuse to provide shitty plans 10gb/day for 20$ while landline companies offer cheaper plans and higher quota, higher speeds with unlimited night, and possibly real IP for 150-350alf. And yes, I am aware that many providers do not deliver on their claimed plans. For example, THGV throttles your connection when you use 17-20gb, but offers unlimited night (free) and real Ip for 150alf, and the package costs 300alf (950gb/9mbps or 600gb/OS).

#4 May 1 2023

GeorgeN

Space wrote:

Most of them are out of touch and still living in 2010, it's absurd that companies like Alfa/touch still offer 500mb, which can be easily consumed in just an hour of watching videos. In my area, the cable guy is asking $10 for 8gb/24h and claiming it's sufficient for a family of 5. Unfortunately, nothing will be done; things will remain as they are.

Salloum wrote:

It still doesn't give them the excuse to provide shitty plans 10gb/day for 20$ while landline companies offer cheaper plans and higher quota, higher speeds with unlimited night, and possibly real IP for 150-350alf. And yes, I am aware that many providers do not deliver on their claimed plans. For example, THGV throttles your connection when you use 17-20gb, but offers unlimited night (free) and real Ip for 150alf, and the package costs 300alf (950gb/9mbps or 600gb/OS).

Lol that's pretty good. Cyberia is 300GB OS for 300alf and don't even try to use the connection for gaming at night. How is ping/packet loss with THGV atm?

#5 May 6 2023

Space

Lol that's pretty good. Cyberia is 300GB OS for 300alf and don't even try to use the connection for gaming at night. How is ping/packet loss with THGV atm?

It's pretty good honestly, during peak time the ping increases by 5-15ms. (depending on the game)

Board footer