LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 24 2023

NuclearVision

Buying UPS batteries in Lebanon

Hey guys, my ups battery died after 3 years, mine is 12v 10A i can't seem to find it. any idea?
i found th 12v 7a but i'm afraid that will be limiting my pc which needs power.

#2 April 24 2023

new_user

Re: Buying UPS batteries in Lebanon

Batteries are rated with volts and ampere-hour not amperes. I would assume that some shops in Lebanon might have mistakenly labeled their products with amperes. In that case you are looking for a 12V 10Ah battery and you are finding 12V 7Ah batteries.

Ah refers to the capacity of the battery, which relates to how long it lasts. A 10Ah battery lasts 10h if you are using 1 A and 5 hours if you are using 2 Amperes... So a 10Ah battery lasts twice as much as a 5Ah battery and almost 1.5x a 7Ah battery.

That being said, as long as the voltages are equal it is safe to use a battery with lower Ah.

Note: this is based on my own knowledge and I might be mistaken so I advise you to do your research.

Note 2: ayoubcomputers has a 9A battery in case that helps (search for Board-X 12V 9A Battery for UPS. It is clearly labelled as 9Ah in the image). Pcandparts has one too.

Last edited by new_user (April 24 2023)

#3 April 24 2023

Space

Check Katranji; www.katranji.com

#4 April 24 2023

yasamoka

Space wrote:

Check Katranji; www.katranji.com

The last place I would buy a charger or battery from is Katranji, given how even the simplest of items are fake.

Last edited by yasamoka (April 24 2023)

Board footer