LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#201 April 17 2023

nosense

Re: Terra Net - WDSL

fadijm wrote:
RandomMemory wrote:

I am not sure, it fixed itself a week later, but the other members here confirmed their upload speed was fine.
https://www.speedtest.net/result/14620828060.png This is what it looks like right now.

Oh ok thanks man. How is the gaming experience with this service? like what is your ping to CSGO servers and such? is there any packet loss too?

no packet loss, ping in dota2 and csgo is from 60~75

#202 April 19 2023

mikasa

any idea how much this service gonna cost when the government/ogero fully stop subsidize the internet

#203 April 19 2023

fadijm

mikasa wrote:

any idea how much this service gonna cost when the government/ogero fully stop subsidize the internet

obv not as much as they used to pre crisis

#204 April 22 2023

RandomMemory

It's already at fresh USD.

#205 April 23 2023

ahk40a

We are facing a lot of drops in the connection, and Terranet NOC has defined that one of their nodes is not working properly,85.112.85.85.

WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube videos are not loading well. Are you facing any issues with your connection?

#206 April 26 2023

mikasa

RandomMemory wrote:

It's already at fresh USD.

alfa/touch, private intenet companies still paying ogero on the old 1500 LL/$ rate for their bandwidth. They might have to charge more when they start paying whats they're supposed to pay if they didn't take that into cosideration with their current pricing.

#207 August 17 2023

Mahmoudad

I am thinking about installing wdsl 12 mb package. Anyone can recommend it?

#208 August 18 2023

ahk40a

Hello Mahmoud, for me, I had it installed in 3 different locations. It works fine and the speed is 10Mbps on fast/com. After midnight it doubles. Also, we faced some issues during installation: Delay in installation, you pay for a router and they don't provide it without a fight, make sure to have it written that they will provide a router. After installation you might have missed packets, mainly due to the quality of the router or the repeater if you have it in your house.

In a nutshell, it is very convenient in comparison to DSL speeds. Also, Terranet NOC is very responsive in case of an issue. Sometimes their PPPoE server could be down, but they quickly recovers it.

#209 August 18 2023

Mahmoudad

Thank you for your response. What package are you subscribed to?

#210 August 18 2023

ahk40a

It is 8Mbps on each of the 3 accounts.

Last edited by ahk40a (August 18 2023)

#211 August 18 2023

Mahmoudad

Great thank you. I filled the application hopefully prices stay the same after ogero raise

#212 September 8 2023

ahk40a

Hello, did anyone receive the new price list for WDSL? It seems that the 8Mbps is now 35$ instead of 20$. That is really huge and costly.

#213 September 8 2023

bobo619

WDSL       
Package    Old Price TTC    New Price TTC
2 mbps           10$    15$
6 mbps           15$    25$
8 mbps           20$    35$
10 mbps    25$    45$
12 mbps    30$    55$
14 mbps    35$    65$
18 mbps    45$    80$
25 mbps    60$    100$

#214 September 10 2023

6jsaade

bobo619 wrote:

WDSL       
10 mbps    25$    45$
12 mbps    30$    55$
14 mbps    35$    65$
18 mbps    45$    80$
25 mbps    60$    100$

is this terranet wdsl? cause it says on they're website that it starts at 50$ for 2mb

#215 September 12 2023

ahk40a

6jsaade wrote:
bobo619 wrote:

WDSL       
10 mbps    25$    45$
12 mbps    30$    55$
14 mbps    35$    65$
18 mbps    45$    80$
25 mbps    60$    100$

is this terranet wdsl? cause it says on they're website that it starts at 50$ for 2mb

I am not sure where on their website you see 50$ for 2Mb, but this was the old pricing.

Now, the prices shared by bobo619, are the updated ones for WDSL.

Last edited by ahk40a (September 12 2023)

#216 September 14 2023

RandomMemory

How do you contact these people? They're like ghosts, they don't answer either phone numbers and the account managers don't answer.

#217 September 16 2023

nuclearcat

Most of ISPs are in survival mode, operating on whatever they have left, reducing OPEX to minimum (firing all staff possible).

#218 September 16 2023

GeorgeN

nuclearcat wrote:

Most of ISPs are in survival mode, operating on whatever they have left, reducing OPEX to minimum (firing all staff possible).

Lol, why is this nuclearcat? Shouldn't the situation be better now with the price increase.

#219 September 19 2023

RandomMemory

nuclearcat wrote:

First of all it's good to hear from you. Second of all, they're not even sending out invoices... The last invoice I got was 9 months ago.

#220 September 22 2023

nuclearcat

GeorgeN wrote:
nuclearcat wrote:

Lol, why is this nuclearcat? Shouldn't the situation be better now with the price increase.

Nope, its worse. This is involuntary price increase, as i know Ogero increased prices. If before suffocating factor was just Ogero prices (they charge x5-x10 more than average in world), now we have also diesel fuel, huge strain on diesel generators that barely last 1-2 years with non-stop operation and all spare parts and equipment.
And ISPs can't increase much, because people at some price level will just ditch connection, as their choice will be "bread on table or internet", and stay on minimal mobile package.

#221 October 1 2023

6jsaade

So interestingly enough got with one of them local isps tamich net which honestly worst then terranet wdsl but way better then my old idm adsl and it seems this local isp also uses terranet and does it via roof mounted antennas and also weirdly enough the latency or speed I get dosen't line up with the results I see here from wdsl (these are ookla speed tests: 43 down;23 up ;96ms ping to marseille orange servers and 16 down;30 up ;24 ms ping to terranet servers in beirut with both listing terranet as the provider) also I can guarantee from download tests the speed i get is 6-8 mbps (I pay for 8mbps which is the minimum).So is he somehow reselling wdsl or what kind of complex nonsense is happening here?(installation was cheaper which was the main reason I picked it over wdsl from terranet 180vs300,the ping and slow downs make me regret not paying the extra 120 for terranet but oh well I put myself in this rabbit hole)

#222 October 2 2023

RandomMemory

that's because he has several throttling rules in place, filters, bad setup for antennas increasing hop ms and probably overselling bandwidth. Bad antenna setup and increased load and bad qos rules will cause latency increase and packet loss as well. Had the same issue where I lived, ISP reselling from terranet with much worse results.

Last edited by RandomMemory (October 2 2023)

#223 November 21 2023

wollyka

Does Terranet reply to emails and applications? I applied twice once through email and another one through the Web and no ones replied.

#224 November 21 2023

RandomMemory

Terranet sales are non existent right now, literally can't pay my bills.

#225 November 22 2023

wollyka

Ouf it's not a good sign

Board footer