LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#151 March 9 2023

RandomMemory

Re: Terra Net - WDSL

I get a consistent 30mbps on 2 accounts one is 10mbps and the other is 20 then a consistent 40+ after midnight. Payment is via omt

#152 March 10 2023

ahk40a

Thank you for the feedback. We did submit and transferred the money for the installation. I will share the experience on this connectivity once installed. Having symmetrical upload, would definitely be an added value to access the security system as well remotely.

#153 March 11 2023

RandomMemory

Did they break the upload? Been getting some trashy uploads for a couple of days now over vpn.

#154 March 12 2023

ahk40a

RandomMemory wrote:

Did they break the upload? Been getting some trashy uploads for a couple of days now over vpn.

Well that is some bad news, hopefully the will fix it soon. What they told us the other day, the technical team was busy fixing an issue in Hazmieh, and they cannot perform our installation before next week. Maybe it is related, this was on Thursday.

Last edited by ahk40a (March 12 2023)

#155 March 13 2023

xterm

How's the latency via WDSL?

#156 March 13 2023

RandomMemory

48ms to France for me. Speeds go down in bad weather and the latency stays <100 from my experience.

Last edited by RandomMemory (March 14 2023)

#157 March 14 2023

RandomMemory

Feel like the upload is being shaped. I used to get a consistent symmetrical and then something weird happened past couple of days. Note that I am testing in bad weather right now
14474628220.png

Last edited by RandomMemory (March 14 2023)

#158 March 14 2023

ahk40a

I hope it recovers soon. Please keep us updated.

#159 March 15 2023

ahk40a

RandomMemory wrote:

Feel like the upload is being shaped. I used to get a consistent symmetrical and then something weird happened past couple of days. Note that I am testing in bad weather right now
https://www.speedtest.net/result/14474628220.png

I was having a call with someone today who has internet from Terranet. He might have WDSL, he is not sure, but when he tested the speed it was symmetrical between download and upload, roughly around 13mbps.

Could you test again and verify?

Please note that he lost internet, and then he changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8

#160 March 15 2023

RandomMemory

I am confident they are shaping. What a shame. I am calling them tomorrow.

Last edited by RandomMemory (March 15 2023)

#161 March 16 2023

squadi

Please let us know how it goes, I recently applied and transferred the money, currently waiting for the installation.

#162 March 16 2023

xterm

Same here, I submitted the application and in the process of paying. The first thing I asked was whether the connection is symmetrical.

#163 March 16 2023

RandomMemory

The download is fine, it's very consistent, I am having some routing issues but nothing a vpn can't solve, they're providing true bandwidth of 20mbps and double that over night. The problem is with upload, they're shaping it, they give you the first 15 seconds at real speed to trick speedtests and then it goes down to 2-3mbps. This started happening since the new pricing came out so I hope it's a mistake, still trying to get a hold of them on the phone.

#164 March 17 2023

ahk40a

xterm wrote:

Same here, I submitted the application and in the process of paying. The first thing I asked was whether the connection is symmetrical.

It has been more than 1 week now since we applied and transferred the money. Still, no call from them to install even though they promised to expedite. The issue is that my family has no internet except over 4G. Let's hope they install it very soon.

#165 March 20 2023

ahk40a

xterm & squadi, did they install the service or not yet? There installation service is very slow.

#166 March 20 2023

squadi

Not yet. Honestly with the way Lebanese companies are, I expect it in a month.

#167 March 20 2023

RandomMemory

I routed the internet through personal VPS. Upload issue is "fixed". It's not symmetrical but 10+mbps.

Last edited by RandomMemory (March 20 2023)

#168 March 21 2023

squadi

@ahk40a they just called me, said that tomorrow they will be here to install it

#169 March 21 2023

ahk40a

squadi wrote:

@ahk40a they just called me, said that tomorrow they will be here to install it

Hello Bro, can you please share with me, in a private message, the contact details of the installer? They told us that this week they are fully booked, and they might install for us next week. This is crazy.

Hopefully, mabrouk salaf.

#170 March 21 2023

fadijm

what is the latency you guys get from this service inside of lebanon? Most of the picture submitted here are using vpns

#171 March 21 2023

nosense

RandomMemory wrote:

I routed the internet through personal VPS. Upload issue is "fixed". It's not symmetrical but 10+mbps.

I see the same results on my network, with vpn connected everything is fine and I get 25Mbps up and down, but without a vpn the download speed is very inconsistent and the upload is abysmal

#172 March 21 2023

fadijm

nosense wrote:
RandomMemory wrote:

I see the same results on my network, with vpn connected everything is fine and I get 25Mbps up and down, but without a vpn the download speed is very inconsistent and the upload is abysmal

Well local isp do sometime limit speedtest servers. What i recommend for you to do is actually go to sodetels website /troubleshoot/speedtest and try to download one of their local files. I am not with sodetel. But they give me the right download speed of my line

#173 March 22 2023

nosense

fadijm wrote:
nosense wrote:
RandomMemory wrote:

Well local isp do sometime limit speedtest servers. What i recommend for you to do is actually go to sodetels website /troubleshoot/speedtest and try to download one of their local files. I am not with sodetel. But they give me the right download speed of my line

I am not using speedtest, I use direct download/upload to servers as my test.

#174 March 24 2023

ahk40a

Finally, they came and installed. We received 11Mbps download and 8.2Mbps as upload on Netflix fast test. Weirdly, the technician came with no router claiming that we didn’t request one.

Unfortunately, during the installation a glass rail was shattered to pieces.

#175 March 24 2023

RandomMemory

They don't install a router for you. You have to request one. Also for the upload, do subsequent tests on speedtest.net and you will see it will throttle.

Last edited by RandomMemory (March 24 2023)

Board footer