LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 21 2022

Guitaret

Assist me with cashing in on a startup coupon

Hello,

I recently joined a company that offered me a coupon to buy tech related stuff for up to 1000$.
Laptop, phone, headset, screen...

This is a a tax related thingy and so they cannot give me money but only buy me work related stuff.

I am running low on cash and so I want to buy stuff that I can sell for cash easily.
What do you recommend? Laptop? Phone? Which brand or phone exactly? And how easily it is to sell it back in the market (Lebanon or Europe)? Any recommendations (the box sealed, which brand has international warranty...)?

Thank you

Last edited by Guitaret (December 21 2022)

#2 January 10 2023

Salloum

Re: Assist me with cashing in on a startup coupon

Buy an iPhone - preferably a Pro model. It will sell fastest.

#3 January 11 2023

Johnaudi

How does this coupon work? If it's a credit card, just buy something in Lebanon and tell them you might want to return it and would like cash (they might take a few bucks, but lots of places won't mind)

#4 January 12 2023

Guitaret

Salloum wrote:

When people want to buy an iPhone from someone (not a shop), what are the validations that this is new? should a warranty be available?

#5 January 12 2023

Guitaret

Johnaudi wrote:

How does this coupon work? If it's a credit card, just buy something in Lebanon and tell them you might want to return it and would like cash (they might take a few bucks, but lots of places won't mind)

I think this goes as: I send them the link of I want and they will buy it for me

#6 January 13 2023

Salloum

Guitaret wrote:
Salloum wrote:

When people want to buy an iPhone from someone (not a shop), what are the validations that this is new? should a warranty be available?

Apple products warranty is only activated when the box is opened and when it connects to Apple's servers for the first time. So basically one can check the serial number on the Apple website - when it's not activated, it'll show that it's never been used.

Board footer