LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 29 2022

mikasa

What to do when someone hits your parked car?

Hello, just found out someone hit my car when it was parked in abc mall parking, any idea what i can do? thanks

#2 December 29 2022

yasamoka

Re: What to do when someone hits your parked car?

You probably have to ask ABC to check their CCTV footage to determine the plate number of the car that hit yours first. Not sure how far you'd get, but that's what I can think of.

#3 December 30 2022

mikasa

yasamoka wrote:

You probably have to ask ABC to check their CCTV footage to determine the plate number of the car that hit yours first. Not sure how far you'd get, but that's what I can think of.

that's what im gonna do, they're not picking up phone or replying to email

#4 December 30 2022

yasamoka

mikasa wrote:
yasamoka wrote:

Go there in person.

#5 January 1 2023

GeorgeN

Generally if you have a touts risk insurance thing whatever it's called the insurance just covers it, but i'm assuming you don't so your best option is to actually go there and report it to ABC management. The issue is that you're in Lebanon and in a lot of cases no one can be bothered to pick up the phone or reply to an email because they're unhappy with their salary / situation

#6 January 4 2023

mikasa

yasamoka wrote:
mikasa wrote:
yasamoka wrote:

Go there in person.

yep i should

GeorgeN wrote:

Generally if you have a touts risk insurance thing whatever it's called the insurance just covers it, but i'm assuming you don't so your best option is to actually go there and report it to ABC management. The issue is that you're in Lebanon and in a lot of cases no one can be bothered to pick up the phone or reply to an email because they're unhappy with their salary / situation

The thing is i live far away, and i didn't notice the damage until i reached home thats why i didnt bother with insurance since i have the impression that i have to report immediatly or they cant cover it, i dont know if this is accurate ill check tomorrow.

#7 January 9 2023

Salloum

As mentioned if you have comprehensive insurance simply tell them it was hit while parked, but don't tell them it was in a public place that has a CCTV otherwise they will make you investigate to know who hit the car. Just tell them it was on street parking. Trying to determine who it was, contacting them, getting them to admit they did it and actually pay up will be nearly impossible I guess. Good luck.

#8 January 9 2023

Guitaret

One piece of general life advice: Always find the fast and easy way to fix a problem then move on, don't focus too much on making it fair. I mean if it is an easy fix, I would fix it at my own expense even if insurance gave me some BS. Forget about going back & forth to get CCTV footage, it is not worth it, you will spend gas money & valuable time.
Sometimes fixing a problem the right way costs more than the problem itself.

I have a friend that owns & manages a restaurant, and sometimes people eat and leave without paying the bill and he let it be, no need to spend any effort to investigate and file an official complaint because time is precious. He said this happens once a month and it doesn't affect his income much, so what?

#9 January 9 2023

Salloum

Guitaret wrote:

One piece of general life advice: Always find the fast and easy way to fix a problem then move on, don't focus too much on making it fair. I mean if it is an easy fix, I would fix it at my own expense even if insurance gave me some BS. Forget about going back & forth to get CCTV footage, it is not worth it, you will spend gas money & valuable time.

I have a friend that owns & manages a restaurant, and sometimes people eat and leave without paying the bill and he let it be, no need to spend any effort to investigate and file an official complaint because time is precious. He said this happens once a month and it doesn't affect his income much, so what?

It really depends on the severity of the situation, it's tough to generalize like this. I agree that sometimes its a good thing to pay for your own comfort and to avoid headaches, but also, it's important people be held accountable for the negative things they do to you and/or to your property.

#10 January 12 2023

Guitaret

Salloum wrote:

It really depends on the severity of the situation, it's tough to generalize like this. I agree that sometimes its a good thing to pay for your own comfort and to avoid headaches, but also, it's important people be held accountable for the negative things they do to you and/or to your property.

It definitely depends on the size of the loss, I agree, but you need to be aware that Lebanon's juridical system is a big mess (on a good day). Those types of quarrels are usually solved in court (big & small) and it feels safe when you know the court will right all the wrongs sooner or later, but in Lebanon, you have to implement the short-term benefit vision: solve the problem in MVP mode and move on, forget about justice.

#11 January 12 2023

mikasa

Salloum wrote:

As mentioned if you have comprehensive insurance simply tell them it was hit while parked, but don't tell them it was in a public place that has a CCTV otherwise they will make you investigate to know who hit the car. Just tell them it was on street parking. Trying to determine who it was, contacting them, getting them to admit they did it and actually pay up will be nearly impossible I guess. Good luck.

thanks for the tip ill try my luck

Guitaret wrote:

it is nor severe hit at all but very visible, and it is not about the money or the cost, it is gonna cost me a lot more to follow up on it i think. Solving events like this in mvp and moving on will lead to bigger problems, it is better to not let even the tiniest event slip.

Board footer