LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#826 December 6 2022

NuclearVision

Re: Shipping from abroad (share your experience)

anyone got anything and paid on the new rate?

#827 December 7 2022

Kareem

NuclearVision wrote:

Yes it's crazy expensive. $590 USD item shipped with DHL ( Customs $220 x 15,000 )

#828 December 8 2022

Salloum

Kareem wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

Yes it's crazy expensive. $590 USD item shipped with DHL ( Customs $220 x 15,000 )

It's a big amount but in reality its around 14% of the price of the item, which is not THAT bad tbh.

#829 December 8 2022

infiniteloop

Salloum wrote:
Kareem wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

It's a big amount but in reality its around 14% of the price of the item, which is not THAT bad tbh.

It's bad, because actually only customs are at 15000 NOT VAT , so he should have pay 5% at 15000 and 11% at 1515

#830 December 8 2022

NuclearVision

dhl are thieves, that's my experience.
I have an item with shopandship will update you guys.
I also have items from aliexpress stuck in customs dunno why

#831 December 8 2022

Salloum

infiniteloop wrote:
Salloum wrote:
Kareem wrote:

It's bad, because actually only customs are at 15000 NOT VAT , so he should have pay 5% at 15000 and 11% at 1515

I'm sure you're correct but what I meant is that paying 14% on top of the online price to get something in Lebanon, where nothing is available unfortunately, is quite reasonable overall.

#832 December 10 2022

Kareem

infiniteloop wrote:
Salloum wrote:
Kareem wrote:

That's incorrect because the assessed goods value is calculated @ 15,000 LL now.

So $1000 graphic card is 15 millions LBP you do the math.

And yes it's crazy expensive when the official rate is 1515 LL and if the gov/bank is willing to give you back your money at the official rate if you ever think of filing a lawsuit.

Btw, the 15,000LL is ( according to officials ) till the end of the year and is subject to a big bump early next year probably @ sayrafa rate

#833 December 10 2022

infiniteloop

Kareem wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:
Salloum wrote:

That's incorrect because the assessed goods value is calculated @ 15,000 LL now.

And yes it's crazy expensive when the official rate is 1515 LL and if the gov/bank is willing to give you back your money at the official rate if you ever think of filing a lawsuit.

Btw, the 15,000LL is ( according to officials ) till the end of the year and is subject to a big bump early next year probably @ sayrafa rate

First of all there are no customs on PC parts period , only VAT
The 11% VAT are still at 1515 till February when it will joint the 15000 club
And yes this info is given by 4 different salesman who work in reputable companies .
And if the customs reach sayrafa it will mean that 90% of legal companies will close their doors, as simple as that.
Only tehrib shops will survive

#834 December 11 2022

Kareem

infiniteloop wrote:
Kareem wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

And yes this info is given by 4 different salesman who work in reputable companies .
And if the customs reach sayrafa it will mean that 90% of legal companies will close their doors, as simple as that.

1) No customs on PC parts according to whom? I just received a 64GB DDR5 kit by aramex and a 990 Pro by DHL and BOTH ARE CHARGING CUSTOMS.

2) VAT is on the TOTAL AMOUNT you are paying IT DOESN'T MATTER at which rate the VAT is. If you are paying 1 million you will have to pay 110,000 LBP . The value of the goods you are shipping is now calculated @ 15,000 LL that's why it's called DOLLAR JOMROKI because it's neither sayrafa nor official rate.

And no your info is incorrect take it from someone who owns a company.

Cheers...

e06e34a6627729909dde44c0061d48bc.png

Last edited by Kareem (December 11 2022)

#835 December 12 2022

rk100

Kareem wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:
Kareem wrote:

1) No customs on PC parts according to whom? I just received a 64GB DDR5 kit by aramex and a 990 Pro by DHL and BOTH ARE CHARGING CUSTOMS.

2) VAT is on the TOTAL AMOUNT you are paying IT DOESN'T MATTER at which rate the VAT is. If you are paying 1 million you will have to pay 110,000 LBP . The value of the goods you are shipping is now calculated @ 15,000 LL that's why it's called DOLLAR JOMROKI because it's neither sayrafa nor official rate.

Cheers...

Customs is 5% on pc parts, how did they charge 601000 ? how much is the cost of the items in USD, and is 601000 customs + VAT or what ? And does it include clearance fee ?
I want to make an order from abroad but afraid to get scammed like that. This is called scamming.

Last edited by rk100 (December 12 2022)

#836 December 13 2022

Kareem

No clearance and handling is 253,000 LL
Customs ( VAT + customs ) 601,000 LL
VAT surcharge 27,890 LL

Item value : $199 USD ( 2,985,000 LL )

#837 December 13 2022

infiniteloop

Kareem wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:
Kareem wrote:

Cheers...

https://i.gyazo.com/e06e34a6627729909dd … 1d48bc.png

Just ask the officials , as simply as that.
No customs on computer parts, only VAT

http://www.customs.gov.lb/Fees.aspx?ite … &value=200

#838 December 13 2022

rk100

infiniteloop wrote:
Kareem wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

Cheers...

Just ask the officials , as simply as that.
No customs on computer parts, only VAT

I think it is better to have someone clear the items for you rather then aramex or dhl, I know a broker that does that and he makes the pricing clear before doing the job.

#839 December 14 2022

NuclearVision

guys, anyone has inbound mail with airmail?
I have stuff from usps and china post stuck at customs for 3 weeks now.
I'm afraid they may have changed their policy regarding aliexpress. / airmail stuff.
last month it was 7d.
what do you think?

#840 December 14 2022

infiniteloop

NuclearVision wrote:

guys, anyone has inbound mail with airmail?
I have stuff from usps and china post stuck at customs for 3 weeks now.
I'm afraid they may have changed their policy regarding aliexpress. / airmail stuff.
last month it was 7d.
what do you think?

11.11 + Christmas period, I guess there are tons of packages to process

#841 December 14 2022

NuclearVision

i agree i my self bought a lot of stuff. I guess i was just assuming lebanese stopped aliexpress altogether

#842 February 5 2023

NuclearVision

Hey !
has anyone received a UPS package from abroad recently?
I just want to know how much to pay alltogther: tax, customs, etc.

#843 April 27 2023

Nathan

Hi guys, my friend is getting me a brand new pixel 6 with him from dubai. Its original price when launched was $600. But after the discounts I will get it for $320.

I'm wondering How much will I pay for Customs/tax ?

Thanks.

Last edited by Nathan (April 28 2023)

#844 May 1 2023

TheIlluminative

Nathan wrote:

Hi guys, my friend is getting me a brand new pixel 6 with him from dubai. Its original price when launched was $600. But after the discounts I will get it for $320.

I'm wondering How much will I pay for Customs/tax ?

Thanks.

I am not sure Google phones are recongnised in Lebanon. I have Google Pixel 5 few years ago and came to Lebanon and didn't pay anything.

However, the battery on the pixel is bad. I switched recently to iPhone.

#845 May 2 2023

Nathan

Oh okay thanks. Yeah the battery is not as good as the iphone 13-14 but its not that bad in the pixel 6. As long as I get 6-7 hours screen on time im good with it.

#846 May 29 2023

infiniteloop

I have an item from aliexpress for a month in the Beirut airport "arrived at line haul"
Is that normal?
Is libanpost on strike?

#847 June 4 2023

chosen2k

infiniteloop wrote:

I have an item from aliexpress for a month in the Beirut airport "arrived at line haul"
Is that normal?
Is libanpost on strike?

I was at Libanpost last week and the teller told me you have to call them in order to deliver the item to you, he also mentioned any item >$4 will go through customs. Now the problem is when packages get to Leb, they generate a new tracking number and there's no way to know it. So I have no clue how people are dealing with this.

Last edited by chosen2k (June 4 2023)

#848 June 9 2023

infiniteloop

I got the new tracking number from the seller but it's complete non-sense, it says Salomon Islands!!

#849 July 5 2023

infiniteloop

The items (watch leather strap) is with the customs for more than 3 weeks, I called Libanpost, they told me it's normal and that nowadays customs can take up to 1 month and a half to release aliexpress items!

Is that true?

#850 August 10 2023

BahaaAY

infiniteloop wrote:

Is that normal?
Is libanpost on strike?

did you manage to get the item?
I have a ~20$ item that has been at "arrived at line haul" since 21/7/2023 (~20 days), I contacted liban post they told me that it didn't arrive yet, and the tracking on their website is still at "Item departed to final destination". I checked the tracking data on Singapore Post website and it also states that the product had arrived to Lebanon

Board footer