LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 6 2022

ghattas.akkad

PS4 repair and HDMI chip replacement

Hello,

Sadly, after a lightning strike, my PS4 does output anything to the display. It was not connected to the power outlet however the HDMI was connected to the TV. The TV got damaged and probably passed the surge to the PS4 through HDMI

It is stuck on a solid white light after turning it on. I did not have time to check the electrical components but after some reading it could be the HDMI chip itself. I can order a replacement from Aliexpress however I do not have the soldering station nor the appropriate skills to fix it.

Anyone knows where to fix it?

Thank you
Best

#2 December 7 2022

Salloum

Re: PS4 repair and HDMI chip replacement

AFAIK a white light means it could be anything. Not sure why you're assuming its the HDMI chip. If you really care about this device don't try to fix it yourself. There is a store called Nino in Karakol Druz that is very skilled at this. Probably not the cheapest but I always got everything fixed there quickly and without issues.

#3 December 7 2022

ghattas.akkad

Re: PS4 repair and HDMI chip replacement

It was running normally and only started this issue after the lightning strike. Only the HDMI cable was connected. It could be the filters, diodes or any electronics around it. I can test that with a multimeter. But I cannot do any of the fixes myself.
I will check the store, thank !

Board footer