LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 11 2022

specility

Customs question about shipping from abroad

Hi all,
I hope you're all doing well.

My friend sent me a steam deck from Germany (I will be sharing my experience once it arrives) using some German post service (not DHL and not Aramex).
If I understand correctly, the item arrives to Lebanon then Liban Post delivers it to me.
The item price and shipping has already been paid. The item is brand new (still sealed in the package) and marked as a gift (I'm aware that listing the price and marking it is not exactly good for me customs-wise, but we wanted to avoid any trouble (especially on his side) for lying and too late to change that).

The questions are:

1) How much should I expect to pay in customs? (Base item price: 679 euros)

2) I never had to pay customs before. How does one do that? Do I pay it in Liban Post (or whatever delivery service takes over the item) or do I need to go to some customs office? Can someone please guide me through this procedure?

Thanks in advance!

#2 November 14 2022

beezer

Re: Customs question about shipping from abroad

I hope your phone number is attached to it or your local Liban post knows you.

You might not pay any customs as it's very rare with Liban Post. But if you do, Liban post will ask you to pay it before giving you the package.

#3 November 14 2022

specility

Yes, I have my phone number and email on it.

Thanks a lot!

#4 November 20 2022

roy

specility wrote:

Thanks a lot!

any updates?

Last edited by roy (November 20 2022)

#5 November 20 2022

specility

roy wrote:
specility wrote:

Thanks a lot!

any updates?

Nothing yet. According to liban post, it arrived and is in the customs center. I haven't received any calls or emails about customs yet, so I'm waiting. According to liban post website:
"Item handed over to Customs for clearance Retention Reason: Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner"
Fingers crossed. I'm expecting it to arrive this week hopefully.

Update 2:
Got a call. Aside from shipping and the item fees, Liban post + Customs totaled 315,000 LBP

Last edited by specility (November 24 2022)

Board footer