LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 29 2021

tricky

Share your solar setup in Lebanon

For the people who have solar in Lebanon can you please share your setup, brand, price, and feedback?

Last edited by tricky (December 29 2021)

#2 June 15 2022

Guitaret

Re: Share your solar setup in Lebanon

Re-opening this thread as it is the talk of the hour now, and I am more than happy to share my setup and answer your solar questions.

My setup:
Inverter: Axpert (AKA Voltronic) VM III TWIN 6000W 48V (off-grid), dual programmable output
Batteries: 4 x 200AH Eastman tubular gel (tested before purchase)
Panels: 8 x 480-530 Bifacial Q-Cells

Premium breaker box including protection fuses, earth grounding, programmable breakers, and voltmetre/amperemeter for AC input & system output.

Total cost: 5500$

If you have any concerns or questions let me know

Last edited by Guitaret (June 15 2022)

#3 June 23 2022

user

My setup:
Axpert MKS II 8KW
12x600 watt OMNIS power panels
8x tubular batteries

We honestly don't know what we paid purely for the solar system, maybe around 8000$, because the total work cost us 12000$ because we had to remodel and rework parts of the roof to fit it in a nice looking way, and we installed a lot of protections and I mean a lot, against over and under voltages, against thunder. We also made the circuit board in a way where we can decide if we want the electricity from the grid to power the house and the inverter, or the house only, or nothing at all.

In summer so far very satisfied, we never need any extra input, however I do turn on the government's electricity at night only because it makes mathematical sense, the government electricity currently is cheaper to buy than degrading your batteries by using them.

#4 September 22 2022

Jake1966

My setup:
Voltronic 5500 inverter
600watt *8 solar panels "Canadian"
4 gel batteries
I did the setup all by myself and it's worth it in summer
But i think I'm gonna get a brand new generator in winter
If there's anyone need help feel free to ask

#5 September 22 2022

new_user

Jake1966 wrote:

My setup:
Voltronic 5500 inverter
600watt *8 solar panels "Canadian"
4 gel batteries
I did the setup all by myself and it's worth it in summer
But i think I'm gonna get a brand new generator in winter
If there's anyone need help feel free to ask

Thanks for sharing. I have a question that might be a bit specific or out of scope. Do you know how to configure the wifi module of Growatt 5000 inverter?

I have tried the following:
I created an account on the ShinePhone app and added data logger. I entered the serial and code of the data logger and entered the SSID and password of my home wifi. The module is blinking green which means it successfully connected to the router/internet but failed to connect to the growatt server.

I tried accessing the data logger directly and changing the server to server-us.growatt.com and created an account on the US server but that didn't work either.

EDIT:
I changed the server back to non-US. Somehow it worked. The module is blinking blue and I can see my system on the app.

Last edited by new_user (September 22 2022)

#6 September 26 2022

xazbrat

Have had a full solar system for about 2 months now---bought an inverter and batteries in the spring *hoping* that the Jordanian/Egyptian thing would work out.

Anyhow

Inverter--InfinitSolar 5500w inverter
4x 200ah tubular deep cycle batteries
10 x 550w Jinko panels

Altogether, paid around $4500 for the setup.  In using it however, noticed several things that need to be addressed, so another $500-$700 is going to be needed.  These include adding additional braces and support for the panels and changing from the current 8mil cable to a 4mil self enclosed insulated one (I have more than 6 floors above me).  I am getting close to 4500w during peak times---just not as consistent as it should be and the thicker cable should be able to up that a bit to near 5000w.  Will also get a dongle wifi setup too because I am jealous of the Growatt people.  :)

I am grateful for the guys who put it up as they also allowed us to pay in installments and they probably did a 'B-' job---with upgrades, looking to move it up to the 'A-/B+' range.

#7 November 2 2022

Mayyad

Hi Guys

I have a question for the experienced folks with Solar systems:

So i have a 3KW Must Inverter (24V) MPPT with 60A/1500W of solar charging power.

My question is: does the inverter only delivers 1500W of  solar panels power to batteries and AC inverter combined or max 1500W to batteries and the rest will convert it to AC?

In other words do i get 1500w of panels only?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Mayyad (November 2 2022)

#8 November 4 2022

DNA

Mayyad wrote:

Hi Guys

I have a question for the experienced folks with Solar systems:

So i have a 3KW Must Inverter (24V) MPPT with 60A/1500W of solar charging power.

My question is: does the inverter only delivers 1500W of  solar panels power to batteries and AC inverter combined or max 1500W to batteries and the rest will convert it to AC?

In other words do i get 1500w of panels only?

Thank you in advance.

No you get 60A at ~28V to batteries which is enough to charge 6 200A batteries at 10% C and rest goes to your output

Last edited by DNA (November 4 2022)

Board footer