LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1551 September 12 2021

infiniteloop

Re: Feedback for IDM

Got Fiber from idm/cyberia, I live in Beirut and wss expecting something like 150-200mb/s as they advertise "up to 300mb/s". But I get a max of 80mb/s in the morning at 1m from the modem, and 55mb/s at night.
They pretend we have the best box in our building
So is it normal that speed is under 100mb/s?
Or the nokia g120f modem is somehow limited and coupling a wifi router over ethernet could make a difference?

#1552 September 15 2021

RandomMemory

It's normal, that's their speeds.

#1553 September 26 2021

kfc

infiniteloop wrote:

Got Fiber from idm/cyberia, I live in Beirut and wss expecting something like 150-200mb/s as they advertise "up to 300mb/s". But I get a max of 80mb/s in the morning at 1m from the modem, and 55mb/s at night.
They pretend we have the best box in our building
So is it normal that speed is under 100mb/s?
Or the nokia g120f modem is somehow limited and coupling a wifi router over ethernet could make a difference?

I remember Ogero chairman once saying that Ogero is by defaut capping the FTTH speeds to 50 mbps so that higher speeds dont cause users to consume their quotas in no time. He added that FTTH users who want higher speed can call Ogero and ask the speed cap to be lifted.

Probably IDM is doing the same? 50-80 Mbps is FTTC speed not FTTH

#1554 September 28 2021

Hani

From what I know, 50Mbps is the max that they offer. Now when doing speed tests, it does reach above that considerably (like 70-80) but Ogero employees all tell me that they cap it to a commercial offer of 50Mbps.

Now myself on another hand have managed to run a speed test by wire from the modem directly at 400Mbps. Yes, 400Mbps in Lebanon with Ogero's fiber optics. But, if they do monitor the circuits, they will catch it right away so I decided to not mess with it since I want to keep my service.

I don't think I'd be able to simply act stupid here and tell them "I don't know what I am doing, I am simply browsing the web" because it takes skills to unlock the speed. My understanding is that they cap the bandwidth speed on the end client device (your modem). Mine was reset to factory by me and configurations were manually entered by me again so I did not include any cap limiter for the BW.

Thanks

#1555 September 30 2021

Mayyad

Hani wrote:

From what I know, 50Mbps is the max that they offer. Now when doing speed tests, it does reach above that considerably (like 70-80) but Ogero employees all tell me that they cap it to a commercial offer of 50Mbps.

Now myself on another hand have managed to run a speed test by wire from the modem directly at 400Mbps. Yes, 400Mbps in Lebanon with Ogero's fiber optics. But, if they do monitor the circuits, they will catch it right away so I decided to not mess with it since I want to keep my service.

I don't think I'd be able to simply act stupid here and tell them "I don't know what I am doing, I am simply browsing the web" because it takes skills to unlock the speed. My understanding is that they cap the bandwidth speed on the end client device (your modem). Mine was reset to factory by me and configurations were manually entered by me again so I did not include any cap limiter for the BW.

Thanks

At the beginning i had +100Mbps using FTTC then after a few months suddenly the current speed changed to 50Mbps while the max speed  still 100+, i think it is from ogero side since no setup was made to the router and i have non ogero router VR-900

#1556 September 30 2021

Hani

Mayyad wrote:
Hani wrote:

Thanks

At the beginning i had +100Mbps using FTTC then after a few months suddenly the current speed changed to 50Mbps while the max speed  still 100+, i think it is from ogero side since no setup was made to the router and i have non ogero router VR-900

It could be possible that they have smartened up and added bandwidth limiters on their circuits. I mean, normally this is how a service provider should be policing their customers.

#1557 January 15 2022

Space

Anyone with Fiber from IDM? do you recommend it?

#1558 February 14 2022

raichu

Hi, IDM has been giving my parents a hard time to fix/diagnose their internet issue.
I am in USA and cannot call 1282. Is there any direct line XX/XXXXXX I can call for technical support? 01/ 59 52 52 does not lead to technical support.

I am so furious at them. They keep throwing the ball back into Ogero's court. Ogero does the same.

#1559 February 15 2022

raichu

Hi guys,

I really would like to have your thoughts on this saga.
I have been living in the USA for 5 years so such treatment and customer service is not acceptable to me.

My parents in Faraya (Hrajel CO) have DSL provided by IDM. We have a 4MBPS subscription and since we are far from the CO, we get 2-2.2 MBPS with a line attenuation of 56dB.

After the long and aggressive snowstorm something happened and interrupted internet connectivity. My parents are not tech savvy and it is hard for me to diagnose things remotely.
It has been 3 weeks they have been living with a modem that syncs at 64-92 KBPS in download speeds (upload is normal at 800ish KBPS).

We have reached out to Ogero and IDM people. To be honest, they both suck. The amount of incompetence, unprofessionalism and blame-the-other entity is appalling. The diagnosis people come up with are laughable.

A guy came from Ogero and first said it's the splitter on the line, then he blamed the modem. Then a guy from IDM came after Ogero decided to blame it on IDM. IDM guy "tested" the line and said it is a problem from the CO because they had "lightning strikes" there. Okay...
I insisted on my parents asking all of these fine gents if the wire between the "box" in our building and the modem is damaged (I had lower sync speeds with bad wiring in the past). But no one was able to give a definitive answer. So the IDM guy said we will take care of this in the CO. We will talk to Ogero. The modem IS syncing. BUT at much lower download speeds because of low SN margin on download (I know this because I spent 40 min with mom on the phone trying to teach her how to log into the router page and screenshot me the DSL connection details). And it's been more than 7 days since this IDM visit and no one has fixed anything. Hell, no one has been able to decide if it is an Ogero CO issue or a damn simple wire issue.

Someone in Ogero even had the audacity to call my mom and tell her "are you okay with your son calling us incompetent and stupid? we have done our job." I did this in a private DM to Ogero after their guy said it's the splitter, then the modem and left with a nonfunctional internet connection. This is next level customer care to me. What happened to the customer is always right?

Do you guys have any thoughts on how to deal with this? IDM and Ogero giving absolutely discordant information. Not communicating with each other. Unprofessionalism, treating customers like idiots. Should I just embark on changing the wire between the "box" and the modem? What if it's not the issue?

Sorry for the rant but this is extremely frustrating.

#1560 February 15 2022

infiniteloop

You should know that in Lebanon nowadays the customers is always wrong and the salesman is always right

#1561 February 15 2022

GeorgeN

raichu wrote:

Hi guys,

I have been living in the USA for 5 years so such treatment and customer service is not acceptable to me.

My parents in Faraya (Hrajel CO) have DSL provided by IDM. We have a 4MBPS subscription and since we are far from the CO, we get 2-2.2 MBPS with a line attenuation of 56dB.

After the long and aggressive snowstorm something happened and interrupted internet connectivity. My parents are not tech savvy and it is hard for me to diagnose things remotely.
It has been 3 weeks they have been living with a modem that syncs at 64-92 KBPS in download speeds (upload is normal at 800ish KBPS).

We have reached out to Ogero and IDM people. To be honest, they both suck. The amount of incompetence, unprofessionalism and blame-the-other entity is appalling. The diagnosis people come up with are laughable.

A guy came from Ogero and first said it's the splitter on the line, then he blamed the modem. Then a guy from IDM came after Ogero decided to blame it on IDM. IDM guy "tested" the line and said it is a problem from the CO because they had "lightning strikes" there. Okay...
I insisted on my parents asking all of these fine gents if the wire between the "box" in our building and the modem is damaged (I had lower sync speeds with bad wiring in the past). But no one was able to give a definitive answer. So the IDM guy said we will take care of this in the CO. We will talk to Ogero. The modem IS syncing. BUT at much lower download speeds because of low SN margin on download (I know this because I spent 40 min with mom on the phone trying to teach her how to log into the router page and screenshot me the DSL connection details). And it's been more than 7 days since this IDM visit and no one has fixed anything. Hell, no one has been able to decide if it is an Ogero CO issue or a damn simple wire issue.

Someone in Ogero even had the audacity to call my mom and tell her "are you okay with your son calling us incompetent and stupid? we have done our job." I did this in a private DM to Ogero after their guy said it's the splitter, then the modem and left with a nonfunctional internet connection. This is next level customer care to me. What happened to the customer is always right?

Do you guys have any thoughts on how to deal with this? IDM and Ogero giving absolutely discordant information. Not communicating with each other. Unprofessionalism, treating customers like idiots. Should I just embark on changing the wire between the "box" and the modem? What if it's not the issue?

I'm sorry to say this but at this point this is the situation in lebanon. They literally don't give a crap and only pretend they do, they don't really want to fix or troubleshoot anything and if they do fix something it takes like 2 weeks. (if it's a small problem) if it's a big one you can forget it. It's like a ma 3ejbak 3omro ma yi3ijbak situation, I don't know if they are mad about their salaries or something but this level of negligence is unacceptable. I don't care I will pay for my internet connection with fresh USD but give me a proper service, both internet and technical support. If I had to give you an honest answer, just change ISPs. This is what I do whenever I have this impossible issue no one wants to bother with. Change ISP and the new one has to fix it to get you up and running, else you will be stuck in this monkeyfest forever.

#1562 February 15 2022

raichu

GeorgeN wrote:
raichu wrote:

Hi guys,

I'm sorry to say this but at this point this is the situation in lebanon. They literally don't give a crap and only pretend they do, they don't really want to fix or troubleshoot anything and if they do fix something it takes like 2 weeks. (if it's a small problem) if it's a big one you can forget it. It's like a ma 3ejbak 3omro ma yi3ijbak situation, I don't know if they are mad about their salaries or something but this level of negligence is unacceptable. I don't care I will pay for my internet connection with fresh USD but give me a proper service, both internet and technical support. If I had to give you an honest answer, just change ISPs. This is what I do whenever I have this impossible issue no one wants to bother with. Change ISP and the new one has to fix it to get you up and running, else you will be stuck in this monkeyfest forever.

So they're basically lying to us/toying with us and treating us like idiots in order to avoid having to work?
I have no high expectations from Lebanon but this is too much.
Also calling my mom to complain to her about my private message? Telling people what to say and what not to say to customer service... that's something I've never heard of before.
The decadence of Lebanon.

#1563 February 16 2022

GeorgeN

raichu wrote:
GeorgeN wrote:
raichu wrote:

Hi guys,

So they're basically lying to us/toying with us and treating us like idiots in order to avoid having to work?
Also calling my mom to complain to her about my private message? Telling people what to say and what not to say to customer service... that's something I've never heard of before.

Yeah it's unbelievable, i'll give you my honest advice on how to rectify your situation without anymore headaches. Forget all the private ISPs. Sodetel, IDM, Cyberia, etc, they're all in the same boat. Forget all their offers and flashy marketing, it's all a lie just to get you to subscribe to them, they're all suffering from a major lack in bandwidth and they can't provide even 20% of the advertised speed during peak times, because Ogero controls all the bandwidth and they won't give them any extra bandwidth. They're waiting until internet prices increase or something. It's better to just subscribe directly to Ogero and get rid of that extra layer of third party headache that is the private ISP. When you are only dealing with Ogero, they can't throw the problem in anyone else's ballpark and you're getting your internet directly from the source so you won't have issues with bandwidth and internet performance.

#1564 February 17 2022

nuclearcat

GeorgeN wrote:
raichu wrote:
GeorgeN wrote:

Yeah it's unbelievable, i'll give you my honest advice on how to rectify your situation without anymore headaches. Forget all the private ISPs. Sodetel, IDM, Cyberia, etc, they're all in the same boat. Forget all their offers and flashy marketing, it's all a lie just to get you to subscribe to them, they're all suffering from a major lack in bandwidth and they can't provide even 20% of the advertised speed during peak times, because Ogero controls all the bandwidth and they won't give them any extra bandwidth. They're waiting until internet prices increase or something. It's better to just subscribe directly to Ogero and get rid of that extra layer of third party headache that is the private ISP. When you are only dealing with Ogero, they can't throw the problem in anyone else's ballpark and you're getting your internet directly from the source so you won't have issues with bandwidth and internet performance.

Probably you didnt read his story well, he had troubles with Ogero as well. And his problem is wiring damage/CO, which is EXACTLY Ogero problem.
Btw, raichu, you can hire 3rd party engineer and he can hook in Ogero box directly in building, and check sync speeds, to exclude building wiring. Let him document that well to show Ogero. If there is low sync speeds and DSLAM is for Ogero, IDM has nothing to do in this story.

If before i can say - it makes sense to switch to Ogero, now no. Ogero, same as many bleeding from losing qualified personnel due low salaries. Yes, you will be at source of bandwidth, they are excellent as wholesale as it require low labor efforts. But for end-user service? Not sure. It's you and your luck, if your line is trouble free. And this luck dropping with every day.

The only possible choice will appear when ISPs will remove heads from sand and introduce fresh $ accounts where they get paid decently, but same time they provide adequate decent service and pay decent salaries to their engineers.
If they will keep chewing snots, they will not have engineers to continue, you will have to deal with situation for your relatives as with other matters, like you live in middle of desert and there is no government to provide you basic services.

#1565 February 17 2022

raichu

FluxBB bbcode test

FluxBB bbcode test

See the absolute discordance?
And when you ask Ogero, if you're THAT confident, can't you talk to IDM because they are waiting for your evaluation in the CO?, they don't reply.
Help?

And Ogero keeps saying stuff like "deal with it", "your house is far". What are you talking about? Yes it is far. Yes attenuation is 56dB BUT modem synced at 2MBPS not 92KBPS!!!

nuclearcat wrote:
GeorgeN wrote:
raichu wrote:

Probably you didnt read his story well, he had troubles with Ogero as well. And his problem is wiring damage/CO, which is EXACTLY Ogero problem.
Btw, raichu, you can hire 3rd party engineer and he can hook in Ogero box directly in building, and check sync speeds, to exclude building wiring. Let him document that well to show Ogero. If there is low sync speeds and DSLAM is for Ogero, IDM has nothing to do in this story.

If before i can say - it makes sense to switch to Ogero, now no. Ogero, same as many bleeding from losing qualified personnel due low salaries. Yes, you will be at source of bandwidth, they are excellent as wholesale as it require low labor efforts. But for end-user service? Not sure. It's you and your luck, if your line is trouble free. And this luck dropping with every day.

The only possible choice will appear when ISPs will remove heads from sand and introduce fresh $ accounts where they get paid decently, but same time they provide adequate decent service and pay decent salaries to their engineers.
If they will keep chewing snots, they will not have engineers to continue, you will have to deal with situation for your relatives as with other matters, like you live in middle of desert and there is no government to provide you basic services.

Last edited by raichu (February 17 2022)

#1566 February 17 2022

nuclearcat

See the absolute discordance?
And when you ask Ogero, if you're THAT confident, can't you talk to IDM because they are waiting for your evaluation in the CO?, they don't reply.
Help?

And Ogero keeps saying stuff like "deal with it", "your house is far". What are you talking about? Yes it is far. Yes attenuation is 56dB BUT modem synced at 2MBPS not 92KBPS!!!

If it syncs _at box_ at 2Mbps, and in apartment it is 64kbps - it means definitely your building wiring gone bad.

And biggest issue, in Lebanon demarcation point is box in building, after that it is responsibility of user to fix this wiring.

#1567 June 28 2022

new_user

IDM account management page, where you refill your account:

"Prepaid vouchers issued before June 27th on old prices will provide you with same plan and capacity with 15 days validity. This applies on activated vouchers in basket and on valid non-activated vouchers."

Do they have the right to do that? Knowing that the page previously said that prepaid vouchers are valid within 3 months of purchase? And they didn't even bring a mention of what the new prices will be until today!

#1568 August 26 2022

VipModz

Guys is there a way to disable Wifi QR code sharing on D-Link DSL-124?

IDM gave me that router and it doesn't support WPA3.

#1569 September 4 2022

wollyka

IDM DSL is down since 5am
Even their 1282 customer support number is down

#1570 December 18 2022

Moudimadi

Hello, my internet reseller gave me an idm account. he's taking internet from idm. I have a problem that i cannot find the website that i could see my quota and speed. I entered idm website and put the username and pass it didn't work. When he used to have globalvision i could've enter the website and check my quota. but idm no. I dont know if the service name helps to know the website. The service name is: MZY .if anyone could give me a website to check the speed and the quota would be perfect. Thank you

#1571 December 8 2023

Space

Moudimadi wrote:

Hello, my internet reseller gave me an idm account. he's taking internet from idm. I have a problem that i cannot find the website that i could see my quota and speed. I entered idm website and put the username and pass it didn't work. When he used to have globalvision i could've enter the website and check my quota. but idm no. I dont know if the service name helps to know the website. The service name is: MZY .if anyone could give me a website to check the speed and the quota would be perfect. Thank you

Hello, hope you're doing well! I know its a long shot, but did you figure it out?

Board footer