LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 30 2022

KirisuteGomen

Good internet in New Naccache/Rabieh

Dear fellow geeks,

I live in New Naccache, and I'm looking for the best internet connection possible.

DSL and Fiber are not an option for me, so please advise on third party/black market ISPs.

Thanks in advance!

#2 May 30 2022

Flakk

Re: Good internet in New Naccache/Rabieh

Have you looked into IDM 4G internet option ?
Sodetel also have a similar thing, check their websites.
https://www.idm.net.lb/4g.html
https://www.sodetel.net.lb/4gplus/general-info

Theres also Connect but im not sure how reliable that is. http://www.connect.net.lb/

#3 May 31 2022

yasamoka

Ask Ogero about the Fixed LTE-A plans: https://ogero.gov.lb/service.php?type=personal&id=41

#4 May 31 2022

new_user

Flakk wrote:

Theres also Connect but im not sure how reliable that is. http://www.connect.net.lb/

I checked with connect a couple of weeks back, they told me they have outages during the day, You also need to make sure they have good signal in your location

yasamoka wrote:

Ask Ogero about the Fixed LTE-A plans: https://ogero.gov.lb/service.php?type=personal&id=41

Is this a 4G based service? They give you a sim and you can plug it in a 4G modem or does it use another type of modem? And are these the new prices after the increase? This seems to be the case because they say plans are effective starting 01/07/2022

#5 June 1 2022

yasamoka

new_user wrote:

Is this a 4G based service? They give you a sim and you can plug it in a 4G modem or does it use another type of modem? And are these the new prices after the increase? This seems to be the case because they say plans are effective starting 01/07/2022

Yes, it's LTE-based.

I'm not sure about the SIM - I think they sell you a pre-configured LTE modem like Alfa and Touch probably do.

Yes, these are the new prices after the increase.

#6 June 2 2022

new_user

yasamoka wrote:
new_user wrote:

Yes, it's LTE-based.

I'm not sure about the SIM - I think they sell you a pre-configured LTE modem like Alfa and Touch probably do.

Yes, these are the new prices after the increase.

I contacted Ogero regarding LTE. They said no applications are being accepted for LTE.

I think the prices are wrong. They are identical to ADSL prices,

#7 June 2 2022

yasamoka

new_user wrote:

I contacted Ogero regarding LTE. They said no applications are being accepted for LTE.

The prices are correct. They were written down in an official paper before they were made public.

Ogero is selling speed and quota, regardless of the physical medium used to deliver the service - of course, according to what each physical medium permits:

4-8mbps over ADSL (provided your line is capable)
Up to 50mbps over Fixed LTE-A, FTTH (and maybe VDSL, if you're near the CO)
Up to 300mbps over FTTH

#8 June 3 2022

new_user

yasamoka wrote:
new_user wrote:

The prices are correct. They were written down in an official paper before they were made public.

Ogero is selling speed and quota, regardless of the physical medium used to deliver the service - of course, according to what each physical medium permits:

Up to 300mbps over FTTH

Hmmm but that doesn't make sense. A wireless medium is usually more expensive than a wired medium. The set prices are ridiculously cheap.

The new LTE pricing is 100GB for 90,000LL with Ogero compared to more than 720,000 LL with touch ($36*20,000LL assuming sayrafa is 20,000LL though its definitely more than that)

This explains why they are not accepting new applications. They can barely cover costs with this pricing.

#9 June 3 2022

yasamoka

new_user wrote:
yasamoka wrote:
new_user wrote:

Up to 300mbps over FTTH

Hmmm but that doesn't make sense. A wireless medium is usually more expensive than a wired medium. The set prices are ridiculously cheap.

The new LTE pricing is 100GB for 90,000LL with Ogero compared to more than 720,000 LL with touch ($36*20,000LL assuming sayrafa is 20,000LL though its definitely more than that)

This explains why they are not accepting new applications. They can barely cover costs with this pricing.

You cannot put Ogero and Alfa / Touch in the same sentence and expect a fair comparison. Apples and Oranges. Ogero is providing you with a home connection through fixed LTE due to inability to lay infrastructure in difficult areas. They're not a mobile operator.

Last edited by yasamoka (June 3 2022)

#10 June 4 2022

new_user

yasamoka wrote:
new_user wrote:
yasamoka wrote:

Up to 300mbps over FTTH

You cannot put Ogero and Alfa / Touch in the same sentence and expect a fair comparison. Apples and Oranges. Ogero is providing you with a home connection through fixed LTE due to inability to lay infrastructure in difficult areas. They're not a mobile operator.

But even compared to ISPs like IDM and Sodetel, Ogero's LTE bundles are much cheaper. Not that I mind. I just hope they start accepting applications to make this whole thing useful.

#11 last month

Danny

Hey all, my Cyberia ADSL sucks in Naccache Beit Al Mustaqbal region, i applied for VDSL from Cyberia and IDM but they’re just not getting back to me.
I’m looking for recommendations for a faster connection, even cable.
Thank you in advance.

#12 last month

TokMe3HrsToSolveChallenge

Danny wrote:

Hey all, my Cyberia ADSL sucks in Naccache Beit Al Mustaqbal region, i applied for VDSL from Cyberia and IDM but they’re just not getting back to me.
I’m looking for recommendations for a faster connection, even cable.
Thank you in advance.

I can recommend Terranet's WDSL. It's expensive, but fast and reliable.

Board footer