LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 5 2022

Tech Guru

Home Inverter System Plan

I am interested in investing  inverter system being charged form the the generator subscription and not a solar panels system.  I did a quick research about different kind of batteries. Does any one recommend AGM or Gel batteries vs flooded  lead acid? I have 1000w mining rig and I need threes hours of consecutive operations. May you recommend  to me please:

Recommend battery type , taking DoD of each respective battery type into consideration.
Type of Invertor needed , and it corresponding voltage and wattage.
How many batteries needed  and their corresponding ah and arrangement (series or parallel).

Thank You

#2 May 6 2022

NuclearVision

Re: Home Inverter System Plan

Why not solar?
As long as sunlight is bright you can draw direct electricity from panels regardless of batteries. This should be more than enough for 1000w for 3 daytime hours.

#3 June 3 2022

Guitaret

So you only need 3 hours of consecutive 1000W? that is 3000W.
For autonomy using a Lithium battery (highly advisable): this will be 3000 / 0.9 (safe DOD ) = 3.3Kw or ~4kw (to be safe). But you need 9 amps to charge it in 2 hours from empty ( you can go with solwer charge).
For autonomy using Lead Acid: this will be 3000 / 0.5 (safe DOD) = 6 KW or about 2 x 240ah tubular lead acid batteries. If you decide to go with this battery type, get the C10 rating, not C20. They cannot be recharged in less than 5 hours, so they need 2.6 amps for 5 hours to recharge from 50%.

Let me know if you need more details, or recommendations for which brand and seller.

#4 June 3 2022

Guitaret

NuclearVision wrote:

Why not solar?
As long as sunlight is bright you can draw direct electricity from panels regardless of batteries. This should be more than enough for 1000w for 3 daytime hours.

Even if he went with solar, he needs to have the proper battery bank for 2 reasons:
- to power up his system when there is no sunlight
- inverters don't behave well without battery

#5 July 11 2022

Toufic

Guitaret wrote:

So you only need 3 hours of consecutive 1000W? that is 3000W.
For autonomy using a Lithium battery (highly advisable): this will be 3000 / 0.9 (safe DOD ) = 3.3Kw or ~4kw (to be safe). But you need 9 amps to charge it in 2 hours from empty ( you can go with solwer charge).
For autonomy using Lead Acid: this will be 3000 / 0.5 (safe DOD) = 6 KW or about 2 x 240ah tubular lead acid batteries. If you decide to go with this battery type, get the C10 rating, not C20. They cannot be recharged in less than 5 hours, so they need 2.6 amps for 5 hours to recharge from 50%.

Let me know if you need more details, or recommendations for which brand and seller.

Would you recommend investing in an e-generator like the Ecoflow Delta Pro or the Bluetti EP500?

Where I live they forbid us from installing more than 2 solar panels on the roof (after they told us we could set up a system. We did an entire assessment and got the offer and we were going to start assembling until they told us we cannot have more than 2 panels tops which screwed us big time)

Currently looking into alternatives but not sure if it's worth it in the long run.

Board footer