LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#226 March 17 2022

NuclearVision

Re: New Phone Jomrok / Customs duty in Lebanon

update regarding ny ipad:
it seems that libanpost have a platform to enter imeis.
my ipad accepts An Esim and physical sim but can only use one at a time unlike iphones, however it's still classed as dualsim and hence the libanpost platform requires two imeis while in reality there only is one.
My next step is to reach out to MoT.
Why are things always so complicated in this shithole?

#227 April 2 2022

jsaade

Phone stopped working and Libanpost branches mostly closed for the weekend.

Last edited by jsaade (April 2 2022)

#228 July 6 2022

infiniteloop

Anyone bought a replica watch online (mainly Chinese website), and delivered by dhl?
I wonder if customs in Beirut will do if they scan the package and see it's a well known luxurious watch but the item price is 200$ on the package?
Will they follow the printed price on the invoice or their own price given by their scan + wakil's price?
Would they confiscate it if they feel it's a replica?

#229 July 7 2022

nuclearcat

If they will peek inside they will definitely recognize known brand. They often dont check small packages, but thats you and your luck. But especially DHL - often check what is inside and AFAIK they have policy against counterfeit items.
If customs will check authenticity - they will confiscate package (such thing happened on my eyes as with postal packages(not mine), and even with guy who brought bag with luxury items over airport.
If customs will think it is authentic - they will google for cost and charge full cost tax.

#230 July 7 2022

infiniteloop

Damn
So I can forget about it

#231 July 18 2022

Salloum

Hi everyone,
Is the jomrok to be paid still calculated on 1,500 rate or has it been changed? Want to get my parents new smartphones and it's a bit cheaper in the UAE than Lebanon, wanna know if it will be worth it to get it from here. Thanks

#232 November 20 2022

roy

Hi guys. Couple of questions,

(1) Has anyone recently gotten a phone through a person coming to Lebanon? Is it smooth sailing or do people get stopped for having a phone box in their bag?

(2) If anyone has gotten or imported a Google Pixel recently, did you have to pay the phone jomrok fee or are Pixels still not in the database?

Thanks

#233 November 21 2022

Salloum

Hi Roy. I recently brought two new in-box phones in my carry on and no one said a thing, but to be fair I wasn't security checked at the airport. No idea about the Pixel situation - but in any case the jomrok is still priced at 1500LBP/$. I paid a total of 550,000LBP for 2 brand new iPhones.

#234 November 23 2022

ramy58

roy wrote:

(2) If anyone has gotten or imported a Google Pixel recently, did you have to pay the phone jomrok fee or are Pixels still not in the database?

Thanks

I got a Pixel 6 Pro from France, and I didn't have to pay the phone jomrok fee, even though I did get the messages from MOT.

#235 January 6 2023

infiniteloop

Is the new custom applied or not yet?
I am tempted by the Pixel 7 Pro , but there is like 60$ difference between Classic/Star apparently not mgamrak and the mgamrak version in other shops

#236 October 19 2023

M03

hello geeks!

anyone know the gomrok/jomrok of iphone 13 pro max?

thanks!

#237 October 20 2023

M03

so just an update, I paid 11,253,000L.L at Liban Post for an iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB storage (yes they check storage as well)

#238 October 20 2023

samer
Admin

M03 wrote:

so just an update, I paid 11,253,000L.L at Liban Post for an iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB storage (yes they check storage as well)

Thanks for reporting back!

#239 November 25 2023

Pookeepsie

Hello if I want to order an iPhone 13 through SnS will it be more complicated than clearing other items ?
Do I have to pay customs for the phone and when I enter the sim I have to pay again at Liban Post ?
Also if I get a refurbished phone will it cause any issue ?

#240 3 weeks ago

arached

I've order Google P8P from outgeeked and got the message that i should pay the taxes in 90 days. I contacted them and he told me that I shouldn't worry and if anything happens I can contact them again. Did anyone face anything similar with them before?

#241 3 weeks ago

tricky

had the same issue with home cell store, it hasnt been 3 month yet, so dont know what will happen.

#242 2 weeks ago

TokMe3HrsToSolveChallenge

Everyone gets this message no matter who you buy it from, nothing will happen in 90 days.

#243 4 days ago

VipModz

TokMe3HrsToSolveChallenge wrote:

Everyone gets this message no matter who you buy it from, nothing will happen in 90 days.

Even if I receive a reminder message to pay before 30 days?

#244 2 days ago

TokMe3HrsToSolveChallenge

VipModz wrote:

Even if I receive a reminder message to pay before 30 days?

I don't remember if I ever got a reminder message before, so can't confirm

#245 2 days ago

VipModz

I don't remember if I ever got a reminder message before, so can't confirm

Nothing happened yet

Whats-App-Image-2024-02-27-at-09-31-56-9dcbcc04.jpg

Board footer