LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 16 2022

mikasa

How much does the LASIK/PRK surgery costs now in Lebanon?

eyeglasses makes me uncomfortable, contact lenses are pain in the a$$, so went to a doctor to ask about this surgery and he quoted me $650 for the PRK (lasic is $750) . Is this how the price should be or it is expensive?
thanks

#2 February 17 2022

yasamoka

Re: How much does the LASIK/PRK surgery costs now in Lebanon?

Here is an additional data point, not sure if it is relevant given the economic situation that has developed since: TransPRK cost $1650 for a friend in August 2019.

#3 February 17 2022

xerxes

did your doctor recommend it? I heard that young people should not consider such operation at an early age.

not recommending anything here, just drawing your attention

#4 February 17 2022

mikasa

yasamoka wrote:

Here is an additional data point, not sure if it is relevant given the economic situation that has developed since: TransPRK cost $1650 for a friend in August 2019.

thank you of course  should be relevant, on another thread from 2016 someone mentioned that lasik costed $1000.

xerxes wrote:

did your doctor recommend it? I heard that young people should not consider such operation at an early age.

not recommending anything here, just drawing your attention.

No, I asked the doctor about it, he explained the procedure and didnt mention any risk.

#5 February 17 2022

Metalloy

I did it 3 months ago, for 1000$
My cousin did it for 500$ same time frame
And another cousin for 800$ a month earlier
Depends on the doctor i guess

#6 February 17 2022

Metalloy

I want to point out that this was my second time.
First time was back at 2009, i was 19 back than.
If you are any younger than 25 you should probably hold on, as proper eyesight post surgery is not gonna last more than 4 to 5 years if you are young.

#7 February 17 2022

beezer

I did it for $600 during the 1,500lbp days. A doctor from Zahle.

#8 February 20 2022

mikasa

Metalloy wrote:

I did it 3 months ago, for 1000$
My cousin did it for 500$ same time frame
And another cousin for 800$ a month earlier
Depends on the docotor i guess

beezer wrote:

I did it for $600 during the 1,500lbp days. A doctor from Zahle.

thank you for your input folks

Metalloy wrote:

I want to point out that this was my second time.
First time was back at 2009, i was 19 back than.
If you are any younger than 25 you should probably hold on, as proper eyesight post surgery is not gonna last more than 4 to 5 years if you are young.

aha great thankfully im older than 25, i prepared a couple of questions before our next appointment, and ill decide then
thnaks

#9 February 23 2022

mikasa

I asked the doctor if he can offer a discount he starts explaining a little bit about the process/costs/fees of the surgery, so in summary the doctor uses a "razor" to cut the eye which costs $300, the recommendation is to use it only ~3 times (surgery on 3 people) but he uses 1 razor per person for better results and faster healing time, other doctors can offer lower prices because they use the same razor on multiple people even more than 3.

#10 February 23 2022

yasamoka

Is there any reason why your doctor recommended the blade instead of bladeless? I did bladeless all the way back in 2012. I remember reading that there are fewer complications, less time to heal, etc...

#11 February 23 2022

mikasa

yasamoka wrote:

Is there any reason why your doctor recommended the blade instead of bladeless? I did bladeless all the way back in 2012. I remember reading that there are fewer complications, less time to heal, etc...

i don't know which one it was he was just trying to ELI5 so maybe thats why he used the razor term.

more information for future readers:
the doctor is mhammad izzat farhat, paid $720 for my brother's surgery(lasik) yesterday it only took 10 min, and everything is good,
surgery was done in Lebanese Laser Center in beirut near karout mall.
My surgery(PRK) costs $670 scheduled next week in Laservision in saida near rahbet school. edit: near mcdonalds

Last edited by mikasa (February 23 2022)

#12 February 24 2022

yasamoka

Usage of the term "razor" isn't an abstraction to simplify the explanation of the procedure... the blade is a very real part of the procedure and used to be the only way to perform the surgery before the more modern LASER machines were made (bladeless).

I advise you to do your research fully before you commit to anything.

#13 March 15 2022

specility

My doctor quoted me 800$ for LASIK which is pretty fair imo. (not in beirut, so there is probably a bit of "in-between" fees) in late 2021.

Board footer