LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#376 July 30 2021

vengeance666

Re: Bitcoin in Lebanon

LifeEngineer wrote:

Guys I made a very small amount from GPU ETH mining as a test for a couple of month or so. How can I check out that amount in here locally? and will it be USD or LL?
I made an e-wallet but they're still on the mining software for now.
Thank you.

You need to reach a certain threshold for the amount to be paid out. It's usually either when you reach 0.1 ETH or 0.01 ETH paid out at the 28th of each month. Which pool did you mine on ?

#377 July 30 2021

MrClass

Guys if someone is interested to sell and cashout a respectable amount of crypto (crypto -> USD cash in your hand), I can help with this service. PM me.

#378 August 1 2021

vengeance666

MrClass wrote:

Guys if someone is interested to sell and cashout a respectable amount of crypto (crypto -> USD cash in your hand), I can help with this service. PM me.

Where is your location ?

#379 August 6 2021

LifeEngineer

vengeance666 wrote:
LifeEngineer wrote:

Guys I made a very small amount from GPU ETH mining as a test for a couple of month or so. How can I check out that amount in here locally? and will it be USD or LL?
I made an e-wallet but they're still on the mining software for now.
Thank you.

You need to reach a certain threshold for the amount to be paid out. It's usually either when you reach 0.1 ETH or 0.01 ETH paid out at the 28th of each month. Which pool did you mine on ?

Not an expert on pools man. I downloaded Kryptex software just to make everything work seamlessly without my intervention.
I have like 70USD or so, if I remember correctly.

#380 August 7 2021

Kazouza

You guys can also mine directly to the binance pool that way it's just a simple click to transfer it from the pool to your binance wallet

#381 August 22 2021

m_zeid

Hello guys,

How can I cash out my USD here in Lebanon?

I have Binance account and ADVcash account. But I don't have a bank account in Lebanon.

So what do you suggest? Shall I open an account with BLOM or Audi or another bank and transfer from ADVcash to the bank account? or it doesn't work?
Or is there any other way?

I know there is P2P on Binance, and to be honest I've never tried it. There are option to get paid with WesternUnion from dealers here in Lebanon. Did anybody try this?

Any input will be useful, please share your thoughts. Thanks.

#382 August 22 2021

MrClass

vengeance666 wrote:
MrClass wrote:

Where is your location ?

I'm in UAE. Mining ETH and cashing out using a local exchange. send me private PM if interested.

#383 November 18 2021

Isa Al

Hey, crypto mining is trending in Lebanon, and most people are suffering from electricity outages. I am wondering are there any crypto mining hosting providers in Lebanon?

In other countries are big mining farms that offer discounted electricity prices. So I am wondering if there is such a service in Lebanon?

and if not, do you know any reputable hosting mining service abroad? so we buy the rigs from them or send them our rigs, and they just operate it on our behalf?

#384 December 12 2021

marmat

Hi guys,

I was trying to use my fresh usd card on binance. But it seems it is blocked. It is a card from a Lebanese bank.
Does anyone know a turn around ?

#385 December 14 2021

ramy58

marmat wrote:

Hi guys,

I was trying to use my fresh usd card on binance. But it seems it is blocked. It is a card from a Lebanese bank.
Does anyone know a turn around ?

It is practically impossible to use your lebanese card for crypto, as it is blocked by all banks here.
Your only (and best) choice is to buy it from someone in person (or by OMT), in cash. To do so, there's numerous Telegram (or WhatsApp) channels where you can trade crypto.

Last edited by ramy58 (December 14 2021)

#386 December 16 2021

jsaade

My bankmed card works fine (fresh).

#387 December 17 2021

ramy58

jsaade wrote:

My bankmed card works fine (fresh).

Well I'll be damned. My Bank Audi fresh USD card doesn't work, so I guess certain banks allow it.

#388 December 20 2021

Mayyad

Hi Gents
Any one have an idea about Cryptotab browser?
A lot of users say it pays, what the catch in it?

#389 December 20 2021

samer
Admin

Mayyad wrote:

Hi Gents
Any one have an idea about Cryptotab browser?
A lot of users say it pays, what the catch in it?

Never heard of it. It seems like it mines monero, which you can mine yourself on a CPU. Doing it yourself means you won't lose on whatever commission cryptotab takes. More importantly, it won't expose you to whatever shady things this non-trusted browser does on your computer.

I've never done it, so I don't know if it's worth doing. You can see some benchmarks here and do a quick profitability calculation.

#390 January 28 2022

marmat

Anyone heard of helium? and helium mining ?
what is its status in lebanon?

#391 January 29 2022

mikasa

marmat wrote:

Anyone heard of helium? and helium mining ?
what is its status in lebanon?

yea saw this https://explorer.helium.com/ on a tiktok someone was comparing other countries to Lebanon i mean wth

#392 July 12 2023

Salloum

arithma wrote:

Hello
I recently (not nearly a month ago) bought 9.5 BTC at a total cost of ~$315.

Now they're worth $378 if I needed to sell them. That's a good 20% return on investment without doing nothing. Though it's not much since I was afraid of taking a larger risk.

Is anyone else following the BTC craze?
Are there any possible outlets in Lebanon?
If not, is there enough potential interest?

I understand all I get is going to be anecdotal evidence (at best) and some subjective opinions. Still it's the only resource I can find at the moment.

Does anyone know if he's still with us or ended it all LOL

Board footer