LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#4051 June 6

nuclearcat
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/2818 … t-services
Chairman Director General at the state-run internet company OgeroTelecom voiced alarm on Sunday that the company’s services would gravely be affected by the continuous rise in power rationing.

Offline

#4052 June 6

NuclearVision
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

rationing was what we were used to in the past years, Now it's more like no power at all.

Offline

#4053 June 10

nuclearcat
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

https://twitter.com/OgeroTelecom/status … 4861645832

إن الضغط الكبير على مولدات الطاقة الكهربائية الخاصة بأوجيرو، والذي يعود سببه للارتفاع غير المسبوق بساعات التقنين الكهربائي، قد أدى إلى تعطل عدد من تلك المولدات وتبعاً لذلك إلى توقف خدماتنا لصالح المشتركين في المناطق التالية: ١/٢

كفرحتا/ كفريا وضهر لاسين وعنايا ولحفد وزفتا / النميرية والدامور / المشرف وخلدة. تعمل فرقنا وبكل جهودها على إصلاح الأعطال الطارئة إلا أن ذلك قد يستغرق بعض الوقت. ٢\٢

Offline

#4054 June 10

AVOlio
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Ogero internet issues anyone?

Not related to the problem posted above, but im having very low speeds than usual and the sn margin keeps going up and down.

Matn area.

Offline

#4055 June 28

DG
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Anyone know if Ogero will be extending the double speed / double quota plans after June 30th ?

Offline

#4056 July 11

RH-ExtremeG
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Hello everyone, I had this issue long time ago when I used to be an IDM client, my sn margin would fluctuates depending on if its dawle electricity or eshtirak. On eshtirak everything is perfect reaching an sn margin of more than 22 on the other hand when dawle is up, the sn margin woule drop to less than 9 and thus would affect my download speed by half. However, now I am an ogero client and technicians came to my ogero box and said I could achieve a speed of 18 mbps and that’s not an internet team problem he said that I should contact 1515 again and tell them to see the cables team. Does Ogero offer to fix cables such as setting up new cable from my house to the ogero box using a cat 6 cable ? Or they will tell me to set it up alone?

Offline

#4057 September 16

DG
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Anyone with Ogero DSL down at the moment ?

Offline

#4058 September 16

dio
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Yeah. It went down like an hour ago, restarted the router and it worked. Then went down again for 20 min. Came back just now

Offline

#4059 September 16

GeorgeN
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

DG wrote:

Anyone with Ogero DSL down at the moment ?

Keeps going down then works again when you restart. Driving me insane.

Edit: It's working again but the packet loss is insane while gaming.

Last edited by GeorgeN (September 16)

Offline

#4060 September 16

DG
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

10:20pm here, still no internet

Offline

#4061 September 17

samer
Admin

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Context for the outage:

A “technical failure” has caused internet service interruptions in “a number of areas,” according to the state-owned telecom provider, Ogero. The company could not immediately be reached for further information

Internet service in previously impacted areas has been restored, Ogero told L’Orient Today, adding that additional, “preventive” maintenance will be performed at 4 a.m. tomorrow

Source: https://today.lorientlejour.com/live-news

Offline

#4062 September 27

dio
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Hello, my Fiber box was defined a couple of weeks and I got a call from Ogero asking me what package I want and saying that a team will SMS me an appointment so they can bring over the fiber modem, does anyone have any ETA on this? How long does it usually take them?

Offline

#4063 4 weeks ago

user
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

My brother in Jounieh is telling me he is getting 256 kbps at the most, it previously used to be 4mbps. Unfortunately I immigrated and can't get any snr or line attenuation stats. Is this a thing now with DSL where it is back to abysmal speeds?(I was hoping to work from home on occasions)

edit: false alarm, we took the router in to ogero, they did some returning and the speed is now acceptable at 3mbps

Last edited by user (3 weeks ago)

Offline

#4064 4 weeks ago

Kareem
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Hi guys long time indeed. I recently moved and my CO is now Ras el Nabeh so far as good. I am using the same modem after changing the Ogero username and pass however, IPv6 which used to work in my old apartment is refusing to connect.

I get an IPv6 WAN address and I can ping any website but there's simply no route. So DNSv6  is working but reply from any remote host.

Anyone experiencing the same issue?

Offline

#4065 4 weeks ago

Ramnesia
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Hey, How long does it usually takes to get VDSL, I applied on 19 Oct through Twitter and they told me the first week of next month, I chatted with them again a couple of days ago and someone told me they are still running the feasibility test! My CO is Nahr.

Offline

#4066 5 days ago

ramy58
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Has anyone else experienced an abnormal surge in data consumption? I'm on the 600 GB fiber plan, and I usually never consume more than 60% of my quota, but yesterday I received an SMS from Ogero telling me I reached a 100%. I checked the website, and it said that I had consumed more than 1TB ??? I checked my devices for data usage and I didn't see anything unusual. Do you think it might be a glitch? I wanna contact ogero to have a breakdown of my day by day consumption this month, do you think they could send that to me?

Offline

#4067 5 days ago

new_user
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

ramy58 wrote:

Has anyone else experienced an abnormal surge in data consumption? I'm on the 600 GB fiber plan, and I usually never consume more than 60% of my quota, but yesterday I received an SMS from Ogero telling me I reached a 100%. I checked the website, and it said that I had consumed more than 1TB ??? I checked my devices for data usage and I didn't see anything unusual. Do you think it might be a glitch? I wanna contact ogero to have a breakdown of my day by day consumption this month, do you think they could send that to me?

Could it be that someone has access to your wifi network? You can check the users connected through your router's page (check the DHCP page)

Offline

#4068 5 days ago

ramy58
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

new_user wrote:
ramy58 wrote:

Has anyone else experienced an abnormal surge in data consumption? I'm on the 600 GB fiber plan, and I usually never consume more than 60% of my quota, but yesterday I received an SMS from Ogero telling me I reached a 100%. I checked the website, and it said that I had consumed more than 1TB ??? I checked my devices for data usage and I didn't see anything unusual. Do you think it might be a glitch? I wanna contact ogero to have a breakdown of my day by day consumption this month, do you think they could send that to me?

Could it be that someone has access to your wifi network? You can check the users connected through your router's page (check the DHCP page)

I'm not seeing anything weird, how easy is it to hack a WPA/WPA2 password? I changed it just to be safe.

Last edited by ramy58 (5 days ago)

Offline

#4069 5 days ago

new_user
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

ramy58 wrote:
new_user wrote:
ramy58 wrote:

Has anyone else experienced an abnormal surge in data consumption? I'm on the 600 GB fiber plan, and I usually never consume more than 60% of my quota, but yesterday I received an SMS from Ogero telling me I reached a 100%. I checked the website, and it said that I had consumed more than 1TB ??? I checked my devices for data usage and I didn't see anything unusual. Do you think it might be a glitch? I wanna contact ogero to have a breakdown of my day by day consumption this month, do you think they could send that to me?

Could it be that someone has access to your wifi network? You can check the users connected through your router's page (check the DHCP page)

I'm not seeing anything weird, how easy is it to hack a WPA/WPA2 password? I changed it just to be safe.

I was just taking a guess but it seems its not the case. I'm not familiar with how easy it is to hack a WPA/WPA2 password but changing the password is always a good move.

Offline

#4070 3 days ago

ramy58
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Turns out it was actually was a glitch, the consumption meter went back down to 70% today.

Offline

Board footer