LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 16 2021

infiniteloop

Bypassing the PCR test at the Beirut airport?

I was very happy when the minister of Health said that they will stop the mandatory pcr at the airport for vaccinated people starting the 15th of November, unfortunately it looks like he didn't keep his word and nothing changed :(
I literally hate pcr test and it made me problems for weeks, so if there are any ways to bypass this thing like a paper from my doctor? Can I simply do a pcr saliva test the sane day at the departure country and give it to them instead of the torturous nasal test of the airport?

#2 November 16 2021

jsaade

Re: Bypassing the PCR test at the Beirut airport?

The only way to bypass it is not come come to Lebanon. I have had mixed experiences, one of them was pretty much nice, did not feel a thing. but as far as I know, there is no way around it. (PS: I had a PCR Test done same day but they still required one and I am fully vaccinated).

#3 November 16 2021

infiniteloop

I will ask my doctor to do a paper then
All they want are the 50$, let them take them but let me pass without this useless test.
It's just statistics for them because they won't follow people who are tested positive anyway

#4 November 16 2021

Salloum

In a country of nonsense like Lebanon, don't expect much. I am fully vaccinated and had a PCR 24 hours before my flight and they still insisted on doing the PCR at the airport. I don't think there's any way to bypass it.

#5 November 16 2021

jsaade

infiniteloop wrote:

I will ask my doctor to do a paper then
All they want are the 50$, let them take them but let me pass without this useless test.
It's just statistics for them because they won't follow people who are tested positive anyway

Just be prepared yourself for getting that paper rejected.

#6 November 17 2021

Adnan

Sneak away from the test queue

#7 November 17 2021

infiniteloop

Adnan wrote:

Seriously?
They don't ask later for a proof of pcr?

#8 November 17 2021

Adnan

infiniteloop wrote:
Adnan wrote:

Seriously?
They don't ask later for a proof of pcr?

Nope

#9 November 17 2021

infiniteloop

Ok will try that, hoping that no supervisor is watching

#10 November 17 2021

Hybrid

Can someone pay in LBP ? If they are returning to lebanon (doesn't live abroad).

If yes, how much would it cost?

Last edited by Hybrid (November 17 2021)

#11 November 18 2021

jsaade

Hybrid wrote:

Can someone pay in LBP ? If they are returning to lebanon (doesn't live abroad).

The mandatory PCR test in Beirut airport is paid as part of your ticket and not separately.

If you mean other PCR Labs in lebanon, then yes you pay LBP (150,000)

#12 November 18 2021

Salloum

Adnan wrote:

I did it once but recently they changed the layout and its pretty much impossible. But you can try.

#13 November 18 2021

infiniteloop

Salloum wrote:
Adnan wrote:

I did it once but recently they changed the layout and its pretty much impossible. But you can try.

I wonder why the journalists suddenly forgot about the Health Minister own words of cancelling this test for vaccinated people

#14 November 18 2021

Salloum

infiniteloop wrote:
Salloum wrote:
Adnan wrote:

I wonder why the journalists suddenly forgot about the Health Minister own words of cancelling this test for vaccinated people

They are taking 50$ per person to do it, and I believe the cost is close to 3-4$ if not less. So it's a money grab. They won't cancel it

#15 November 18 2021

Hybrid

jsaade wrote:
Hybrid wrote:

The mandatory PCR test in Beirut airport is paid as part of your ticket and not separately.

If you mean other PCR Labs in lebanon, then yes you pay LBP (150,000)

Ah ok, i thought it's separate, thanks

#16 November 27 2021

infiniteloop

How's the configuration of the pcr room?
Is it a sort of corridor with 3-4 tables where people wait in lines, and a door on the left or right where you go out? If yes there's someone at the door who checks if you did the test?

#17 November 28 2021

beezer

I just came back, you can walk out of queue if no one is looking and there are a lot of people. But if it's a short line then you won't be able to. When I got to the line there were just a few people, I've been through so many times and they forced everyone to get it, even a woman who had a nose job and she was screaming.

It is ridiculous, it's just another example of a corrupt, failed, useless, money grabbing country. Fuck this place.

#18 November 28 2021

infiniteloop

Checking the airport time table, there are 2 other planes coming 15/20 minutes after mine, so I will take all my time to get out of the plane and I will walk as slow as possible so the other 2 planes arrive :)
Are they still harsh in testing going too high in the nose or they are becoming more gentle?

#19 November 28 2021

beezer

I was pretty pissed and rude (because it completely disgusts me how this is a scam). Told the lady who took my info "mabrook il $50" and then the lady who was gonna take a swab "balid maskhara" and she said "shu badna na3mil" she barely put the swab inside.

I dunno why they don't just cheek swab, it's all pointless.

#20 November 28 2021

infiniteloop

They told me to do the opposite, people who are asking them to be gentle with the swab are surprised to see they will get the opposite result as "mkeye", and that we should just be cool and polite with them so they won't be revengeful with the swab

Last edited by infiniteloop (November 28 2021)

#21 November 28 2021

beezer

An asshole is an asshole.
A saint is a saint.

Everyone that got that job got it by some wasta, just like most government jobs and employees. So, they're assholes in my book because they took the place of someone who actually deserved it. Not all, but most.

Like I said, I seen them force a lady who had a nose job do it, like she still had black eyes and bandages. WTF. I even spoke out, but can you reason with a brick wall? They only take their job seriously when it inconveniences their fellow citizens. Could you imagine if all government employees took their job so seriously and didn't want to cut corners?

#22 November 28 2021

infiniteloop

I am very deceived by Firas Abiad, if he cannot change the pcr thing then at least he should say it loud and clear that a political party or politicians are behind this pcr bs

#23 November 29 2021

TheIlluminative

infiniteloop wrote:

Ok will try that, hoping that no supervisor is watching

Do it. I've done it twice and everything was OK. That test in the airport is useless anyway!

Good luck man!

#24 March 9 2022

infiniteloop

As you heard the mandatory PCR test at the airport is finally gone, though it's not clear about the vaccination thingy.
If you did the 2 shots of pfizer a bit more than 6 months ago, you should do a third one? Or they consider the 2 shots as enough even though older than 6 months?

Last edited by infiniteloop (March 9 2022)

#25 March 24 2022

infiniteloop

Ok answering my own question after asking both ministry of Health and travel agency, if already "fully vaccinated" you don't need a 3rd shot if done with Pfizer even if it exceeds 6 months

Board footer