LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 25 2021

ironman

VPN to Lebanon

Hello Guys,

I would like to establish a VPN connection TO my house in Lebanon in order to be in the network (Remote assistance) and in order to use its internet connection (Source IP would be Lebanon).

Noting that in Lebanon, I have a Fiber connection from Ogero with a private IP obviously. Device is Huawei HG8141A5  I was thinking of establishing a VPN connection to a VPS but I need some guidance about which protocol, which method, which solution...

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by ironman (September 25 2021)

#2 September 26 2021

Ari

Re: VPN to Lebanon

I am interested in this topic as well

#3 September 30 2021

nosense

does the router have vpn server capabilities ? does it support openvpn protocol?

#4 October 2 2021

ironman

nosense wrote:

does the router have vpn server capabilities ? does it support openvpn protocol?

No, it doesn't. Plus the main issue is that Ogero is performing CGNAT (Carrier Grade NAT), so even my "Public IP" isn't a "Public IP"

#5 October 2 2021

nuclearcat

Private ISPs provide rent of IP service

#6 October 22 2021

rolf

I managed to do this with OpenVPN server on a VPS but the setup is not exactly trivial, I mean it involves typing commands and writing config files in a tech-oriented process.
There are subscription-based VPN services which will let you be on a single network and talk to each other as well.

#7 October 25 2021

ironman

rolf wrote:

I managed to do this with OpenVPN server on a VPS but the setup is not exactly trivial, I mean it involves typing commands and writing config files in a tech-oriented process.
There are subscription-based VPN services which will let you be on a single network and talk to each other as well.

Can you please share the topology? or the general VPN logic in your scenario? (Not necessarily the commands)

Thank you

Board footer