LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 14 2021

NuclearVision

PC controller for games

Hello everyone!
I have never owned a console.
I recently rebuilt my pc and I am playing some games.
While keyboard and mouse is irreplacable for shooters, it certainly lacks in driving compartement.
So i was thinking of buyinf my first controller.

I am looking at the dualsense 5 mainly, xbox controllers are 2x the price..
Do you think the ds5 will be optimized to get the most of it on pc?

Any better alternatives ?

#2 May 14 2021

AvoK95

Re: PC controller for games

The Xbox 360 controller is the cheapest alternative and has the same analogs as the Xbox one controllers and has native Windows support.

You only need to buy a controller receiver.

#3 May 14 2021

bobo619

I once bought an open box xbox elite controller for 50$ but you need a 20$ adapter for it or plug it and use it wired

#4 May 14 2021

NuclearVision

bobo619 wrote:

I once bought an open box xbox elite controller for 50$ but you need a 20$ adapter for it or plug it and use it wired

Was it a good experience? The xbox controller i mean.
I have no experience with ps no xbox controller.
But the elite 2 goes for 125 usd on olx.

#5 May 14 2021

bobo619

Xbox controller have native support for windows on the other hand PS controller works well but you need to install third party software DS4. Mostly for pc i would go for Xbox controller. Steam recently added native support for PS controllers. The PS is more comfortable to hold as it is much smaller and it has an internal rechargeable as for for the xbox you need to swap batteries every 2 weeks or so.

Last edited by bobo619 (May 14 2021)

#6 May 14 2021

AvoK95

NuclearVision wrote:
bobo619 wrote:

Was it a good experience? The xbox controller i mean.
I have no experience with ps no xbox controller.
But the elite 2 goes for 125 usd on olx.

I've played racing games on both PS and Xbox controllers and have always preferred the Xbox controller.

#7 May 14 2021

NuclearVision

thank you guys i will see if i can score a good deal on an xbox controller

#8 May 28 2021

NuclearVision

Hello everyone!
I went ahead and bought the latest standard xbox controller and usb bluetooth dongle.
It gave me a headache, it works flawlessly with new games.
But old games like yakuza etc, it doesn't ! I tried running the game by adding to steam and big picture mode, it just refuses to work.
If i connect it by usb cable it works.
I am thinking of selling it to a relative who s looking for one and get a usb controller instead.
Ideally, i want the 360 wired controlled (xbox and windows with red packaging)
But the fake version is flooding the market.
Do you have any suggestions for a durable wired xbox controlled? or someehere i can buy the original version that's not a chinese copy.
Najjar has the red packaging one, i think its a fake, the price is low, i will have to visit to check ir out.
Thanks!

#9 September 22 2021

specility

I was having the  same predicament. After a lot of searches, I decided to go with the dualsense (ps5 controller), never regretted it. All I had to do is pair it via bluetooth and enable a setting in steam to allow controller mapping to pc. I can play my library via big picture mode, no issues at all. Even non-steam games, all I had to do was: add game -> add non-steam game to library, then launch via steam.
The charging time is around 3-ish hours and lasts around 8-ish hours of playtime.

EDIT:: I don't have yakuza, so I can't test that one for you :( Oldest game I got is mirror's edge which was released in 2009, had no issues with that one

As for where to buy original stuff, I like buying most of my electronics from Nino, just google Nino store. He only sells original stuff though you can expect stuff to differ by a little in terms of cost. (example: my dualsense costed me 68$ there while it costs 50$ officially, but because of shortage, lowest I could find was 60$ from an untrusted person/site but the peace of mind is worth the extra few dollars for me, so I went with nino)

Another option for original store (though they don't sell console stuff afaik) is pcandparts, last I checked, they had an msi controller for 40-50$ roughly iirc

Last edited by specility (September 22 2021)

#10 October 8 2021

NuclearVision

hey thanks man already got a new xbox controller, they seem to have better reviews online, the ps5 has features i won't use and some unit have shiftstick.

Board footer