LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 17 2021

aaw107

In-person programming courses in Lebanon

Hello, good day

I have been trying to find centers / instructors that offer programming courses in lebanon, but none of the courses I found interest me.

If you know a center that offer backend or cloud related courses, and are offered in-person (beirut) not online, please share their names or links.

Thanks in advance!

#2 October 21 2021

rolf

Re: In-person programming courses in Lebanon

If you are willing to consider a more informal option, if it's PHP / MySQL and Linux at a fundamental to intermediate level, I can teach you.
Maybe others here can too.

#3 October 21 2021

tricky

It crossed my mind once to open like an NGO to teach programming but never went with it...  not sure if there are NGO that already do that

#4 November 8 2021

specility

Heard "SE Factory" is a good one (never tried them myself though). Not sure how they are dealing with covid.
The catch is: they are free while you learn but you will need to pay them once you get your first job.

#5 November 8 2021

aaw107

rolf wrote:

If you are willing to consider a more informal option, if it's PHP / MySQL and Linux at a fundamental to intermediate level, I can teach you.
Maybe others here can too.

Thanks for the offer, actually personal classes is not a bad idea, I am just not interested in this tech stack

#6 November 8 2021

aaw107

tricky wrote:

It crossed my mind once to open like an NGO to teach programming but never went with it...  not sure if there are NGO that already do that

There are several programs and bootcamps that teach programming like SW factory and codi.tech, but I don't know if any of them is unpaid

#7 November 8 2021

aaw107

specility wrote:

Heard "SE Factory" is a good one (never tried them myself though). Not sure how they are dealing with covid.
The catch is: they are free while you learn but you will need to pay them once you get your first job.

Thanks for your reply, SE factory has an introductory program, while I am looking for some advanced courses

#8 November 20 2021

aaw107

If anyone else is interested, I discovered that Ghobeiry municipality does courses on various topics including programming and arduino for a very small fee, you can check their facebook page

Board footer