LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 20 2021

Toufic

Phone broke down / investing in a smartphone

Hello

My phone recently broke down and its not fixable.

Basically, any recommendation for a rather future proof smartphones in the 250 to 350$ range since it became an investment even more today than before?

I couldn't care less about camera or any other fancy options, i only care about battery, RAMs and longevity (all my phones usually last 4 to 5 years)

Thank you

#2 August 20 2021

nefe_lpmk

Re: Phone broke down / investing in a smartphone

Xiaomi is good value for money, you can also consider honor, Oppo which are also value for money. I would go for the F3 which is available in Lebanon for the specs you stated.
Some recommendations:
Xiaomi Poco F3 ~350$
Xiaomi Mi 11X ~450$
Xiaomi Mi 11X Pro ~550$

Last edited by nefe_lpmk (August 20 2021)

#3 August 21 2021

xazbrat

Xiaomi works ---better value than Samsung at this point in time.  If you want a Samsung, maybe the A51 or M31--the M series have huge batteries if you care about that aspect.   Xiaomi has a Redmi sub brand and they will sort of pick and choose what upgrades they give you (refresh rate, memory, storage, cameras, etc.)---if you find something you like, it should be in your price range.

#4 August 21 2021

AvoK95

Check out the Poco X3 Pro or the F3

Ridiculous phones for the money!

#5 August 22 2021

Flakk

Check the Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite its around 300$ with some really good specs.
https://www.phonefinity.net/xiaomi/mi-11-lite/

#6 August 22 2021

yasamoka

Another vote for the Poco F3. You get a ridiculously good phone for the price. Both Samsung's less expensive and more expensive offerings (A32 and A52) don't hold a candle to the X3 Pro and the F3. However, Samsung has already promised 3 years of software updates even for those phones. Not sure about Xiaomi.

Last edited by yasamoka (August 22 2021)

Board footer