LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 11 2021

salemsalem78

Surface Pro screen replacement in Lebanon

Kid dropped surface pro 6, screen still works but probably going to tap out soon. Are there any places here that would replace the screen? I'm thinking I might need to buy one myself and take it to them, I'm not sure they'd even have any in stock.

Much appreciated

#2 March 11 2021

yasamoka

Re: Surface Pro screen replacement in Lebanon

iFixit has Surface Pro 6 displays in case you want to order one from the US. I ordered a Surface Pro 5 / 6 display to replace a Surface Pro 4 display that had flickering issues and the only item you need to attach a Pro 5 / 6 display to the Pro 4 is the right ribbon cable (almost sure you don't need a new touch controller).

You can replace it yourself if you have the right tools (such as iOpener, iSclack, pucks, etc...) but it's risky (to the existing display as it can easily crack). Would you be brave enough to try if you had the right tools?

Subscribed as well to find out if there are any stores that perform the replacement at their own responsibility.

Last edited by yasamoka (March 11 2021)

#3 August 15 2021

yasamoka

Have you had any luck finding one? I have mine to sell, still sealed in shipping box.

#4 August 15 2021

salemsalem78

I had a family member bring me one from Germany, and I wasn't brave enough to do it on my own. Luckily there's a phone repair shop I trust, and he handled it well and was able to change it for me with no issues (scratched the edges of the pro just a bit, but what are you gonna do!)

#5 August 15 2021

yasamoka

Oh, that's awesome. Mind sharing the name of the place?

Board footer