LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#751 June 14 2021

NuclearVision

Re: Shipping from abroad (share your experience)

I got an aramex package, to my door as usual.

On the other hand, the enclosure i bought from Ali 3 months ago has yet to appear in libanpost tracking system S000000xxxxx type..

#752 June 14 2021

Nightwing113

How recent was that? Am talking 7 days recent

#753 June 14 2021

NuclearVision

aramex? 2 days ago, but they do the clearing and handling and i paid for it as usual.

last ali stuff i bought 3 months ago and I did not receive it yet nor did it show up in Lpost database.

#754 June 14 2021

HzSamer

Nightwing113 wrote:

Anyone have had any recent shipments recently?
It seems like the customs are holding a lot of packages now asking for 'formal clearance'. The frequency of this was much less before, now I have a lot of incoming packages that ended up with this state (requires extra payment for clearance).

I got a shipment from UAE with DHL last week. 2 days only from Dubai to Beirut with clearance and everything to my door. Also, a few minutes ago I got an update from S&S for a shipment that got cleared and I think I should receive it tomorrow.

How did you ship your packages?

#755 June 15 2021

chosen2k

Nightwing113 wrote:

Anyone have had any recent shipments recently?
It seems like the customs are holding a lot of packages now asking for 'formal clearance'. The frequency of this was much less before, now I have a lot of incoming packages that ended up with this state (requires extra payment for clearance).

All packages through Fedex are getting delivered super fast. However, the regular shipments with Libanpost do take a lot of time and get delivered eventually even if they can't be tracked. I now have a package at customs clearance, I'll update when the status changes.

#756 June 17 2021

Nightwing113

Looks like my particular items now needs few approvals from ministries, that's why they are taking some time.

#757 June 22 2021

chosen2k

It took 11 days for the status to switch from customs clearance to sent to distribution office

#758 July 7 2021

anayman_k7

Aramex Shop and Ship sent this email today

As you may be aware of fluctuating rates for the Lebanese pound, we would like to inform you that our shipping rates are set to remain fixed for the dollar. If you choose to pay shipping fees for your S&S orders in LBP cash after August 1, it will be charged at a rate of LBP 6000 per USD.

#759 July 18 2021

ggtks

I have a handful of packages from Ali coming to Leb (relatives abroad are a precious help), will share statistics on how long things are taking. Will also note things like "extra" fees or whatever. I've heard rumors of these things lately.

Libanpost has been a class act for years in my experience with the occasional customs hiccup but with the way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if that was no longer the case now. I'm seeing a lot of people mention the tracking numbers not showing up in LiPos's system, honestly I've always used parcel tracking services to scan multiple couriers and give me the full timeline. YMMV depending on shipping provider obviously.

What's interesting is that there are packages from China that are getting to Lebanon within less than two weeks. This was never the case for me in the past. The worst one is the package that spent 10 days in transit with twice that time in customs.

Also, ShopAndShip fees at a 6000 rate sounds like highway robbery. Maybe it's time to make an account?

#760 July 18 2021

NuclearVision

Honestly shopandship for 3900 is unfair for aramex. (it's a very attractive rate.)
Heck, 6000 is unfair.
If you pay usd for your imports then 6000 won't be a problem.
Try to quote borderlynx and see the difference.

I bought a few 20dollars items in the past month, they would reach lebanon i 3 days everytime.
And i paid like 50,000 lbp. That's really like free.. 2$ for shipping an item across the globe...

Last edited by NuclearVision (July 27 2021)

#761 July 26 2021

kamalkh

Hello guys,

im looking for some help and advice, i recently purchased an imac from apple.com and had it delivered to my colleagues address in the states. we want to ship it to beirut, but the estimations we are getting from dhl and others are insane, 1100$+ for shipping fees alone.

is there any service that would ship it to beirut in a more convenient and cost effective way ?

#762 July 27 2021

arached

NuclearVision wrote:

Honestly shopandship for 3900 is unfair.
Heck, 6000 is unfair.

I bought a few 20dollars items in the past month, they would reach lebanon i 3 days everytime.
And i paid like 50,000 lbp. That's really like free.. 2$ for shipping an item across the globe...

can't i register anymore to borderlynx? I can't find the register button or even the login button. And what's the difference between borderlynx and dhl easyshop?

#763 July 27 2021

NuclearVision

dont know, never dealt with them.
Why should I? I'm paying in LBP at 3900 with aramex while these require usd

#764 July 27 2021

NuclearVision

arached wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

Heck, 6000 is unfair.

can't i register anymore to borderlynx? I can't find the register button or even the login button. And what's the difference between borderlynx and dhl easyshop?

I think you misunderstood me.
I was implying that 6000 is too good, hence unfair for aramex. Killer deal for us

#765 August 16 2021

NuclearVision

anybody received anything recently?

#766 August 16 2021

xerxes

NuclearVision wrote:
arached wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

Heck, 6000 is unfair.

I think you misunderstood me.
I was implying that 6000 is too good, hence unfair for aramex. Killer deal for us

Do I have to assign an agent if i order items of value more than 2k?

#767 August 17 2021

xazbrat

NuclearVision wrote:

Got a package from Fedex this morning--I don't hold much faith in Libanpost.

#768 August 17 2021

NuclearVision

paid in usd right ?

#769 August 17 2021

xazbrat

NuclearVision wrote:

paid in usd right ?

The order was in USD, correct.  BION, it was some OTC drugs for my parents .  Such things are getting harder to get these days, so I bought $100 of them and they shipped here to my surprise.   I wouldn't normally order something like this though, but these are extraordinary times

#770 August 18 2021

ggtks

xazbrat wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

Got a package from Fedex this morning--I don't hold much faith in Libanpost.

The courriers (Fedex, Aramex, etc) are still running, Libanpost is functional but slower than ever. Still haven’t recieved anything, according to their customer service there’s a very large number of packages being sorted (especially in my area). I presume they’re understaffed and underfunded, as well as suffering from the current crises, so I do expect them to be slow.

Might have to sign up to Aramex, but truthfully I feel guilty ordering stuff online in this situation, so no clue if I’ll be using it.

#771 August 23 2021

zizo99

Aramex Shop&Ship exchange shipping rate is now 8000LL/$

is there any cheap alternative you guys are using?

#772 August 24 2021

HzSamer

zizo99 wrote:

Aramex Shop&Ship exchange shipping rate is now 8000LL/$

is there any cheap alternative you guys are using?

Where did you get this rate? I checked my email and they didn't send an update.

I received a package yesterday @6000LL/$

#773 August 24 2021

anyaddress2014

xazbrat wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

paid in usd right ?

The order was in USD, correct.  BION, it was some OTC drugs for my parents .  Such things are getting harder to get these days, so I bought $100 of them and they shipped here to my surprise.   I wouldn't normally order something like this though, but these are extraordinary times

could you till me which site you use to order

#774 August 24 2021

bobo619

Is the shipping paid on delivery at 6000 LL/$ or you need to pay it via card?

#775 August 24 2021

HzSamer

bobo619 wrote:

Is the shipping paid on delivery at 6000 LL/$ or you need to pay it via card?

Cash in LL on delivery.

Board footer