LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 7 2021

Tech Guru

Looking for kidney dialysis medication

Due to the severe shortage of medicines caused by the economic crises repercussions, a kidneys' dialysis ill person urgently need the following medicines. I searched every where , with no hope to find any. One of the following medicines is needed,  I need up to 10 packs. I can pay in USD if needed.

Appreciated.

IMG-20210707-WA0075.jpg
IMG-20210707-WA0077.jpg

Last edited by Tech Guru (July 7 2021)

#2 July 7 2021

NuclearVision

Re: Looking for kidney dialysis medication

This is given in hospital setting.
The hospital doesn't have it?

#3 July 7 2021

Tech Guru

NuclearVision wrote:

This is given in hospital setting.
The hospital doesn't have it?

The patient cannot be admitted to hospital due to his materialistic issues , therefore he is prescribed to be given at home.

#4 July 7 2021

potato

#5 July 15 2021

Guitaret

@Tech Guru, I hope you got what you are looking for, and that the person is OK.

Sorry to bring another topic (but within the health sector):
I am leaving my current job soon and I am wondering about withdrawing my 10 years NSSF end of service indemnity.
Should I do it? Is there any hope that they will increase it (more than 1500LL) moving forward?

#6 July 16 2021

Tech Guru

Appreciated All , I used a lot of connections and bought six 100ml packs. What a disgrace to be in this situation here , unscrupulous and   unhumanitarian greed of some medical suppliers who have been taking the current economical collapse as a motive for them to generate dirty money through black market trade of medicines. They are playing with people Ill situation to  generate profit.

Last edited by Tech Guru (July 16 2021)

#7 July 16 2021

Tech Guru

Guitaret wrote:

@Tech Guru, I hope you got what you are looking for, and that the person is OK.

Sorry to bring another topic (but within the health sector):
I am leaving my current job soon and I am wondering about withdrawing my 10 years NSSF end of service indemnity.
Should I do it? Is there any hope that they will increase it (more than 1500LL) moving forward?

Hello , yes pull the trigger mate. NSSF has already submitted a proposal to the central bank to calculate the end of service indemnity on the bases of 3900. It needs a law to be passed in the parliament. Personally , I think it will be rejected or it will not happen anytime soon. More money need to be printed without coverage , creating further inflation  added on the hyper inflation Lebanon has been witnessing.  However if it's approved , it will be retroactive from the begining of 2020 and on. In other words , if you withdraw the amount now it will be calculated on 1500 and when the proposal is approved 3900/1500 = 2.6 × calculated end of service - amount drawn on 1500 from 2020 and on.

Basically for now your end of service = (last  basic salary* × 10 years) × 65%
In case the salary is given on 15 months =(last  basic salary × 15) / 12

Also note that NSSF will give you a cheque of your end of service amount. You need to deposit in the bank. Due to the elusive " capital controls ", if you do not have a internal bank nepotism , the amont will be freezed for three months then you can with draw with a max ceiling od 20 million LBP. Say your end of service is 100 million LBP , after three months you will withdraw each month 20 million for a period of five months.

Last edited by Tech Guru (July 22 2021)

#8 July 20 2021

Guitaret

Thank you so much for thorough reply.

I didn't get the below, what do you mean by 15 months?

Tech Guru wrote:

#9 July 22 2021

Tech Guru

Guitaret wrote:

Thank you so much for thorough reply.

I didn't get the below, what do you mean by 15 months?

Tech Guru wrote:

Hello

I meant if you are paid on 15 months bases instead of 12 ,  I gave an example. Applicable for banks' employees and other private sector companies.

Last edited by Tech Guru (July 22 2021)

#10 July 22 2021

Guitaret

Thank you @Tech Guru, to tell you the truth, I never felt good paying salary taxes and now after those years, I maintain my position.
I know they are not much, but these 220$ taxes per month I used to pay would have benefited me a lot throughout the years. For sure, I didn't want to invest it in the pockets of corruption :(

Now, this brings me to a bigger topic, after 45 years of service, my father is retiring this year with a compensation of around 10k USD. With so much we had in mind: getting rid of his crappy car, finishing the house we tried to built together in the mountains... All those hopes are gone, and all my parents had left is hoping they don't starve or run out of medicine. Needless to say that my father doesn't have the resilience of a young man to start over or get a job abroad.
My parents have only me to count on to face the new challenges of this country, it is my duty and I am proud of it. However, I cannot stop but thinking what if I am now 60 or 70 while this country collapsed on itself. What would I have done? How miserable my life would be? Who will support me in these dark times?
All these thoughts that humans feared for thousands of years "who will support me during my senior years" were suddenly in my mind, my psyche has definitely changed. With the good and the bad, it is unbelievable how much I changed in the last year.

#11 July 22 2021

nuclearcat

As i recall rural China has such model - your children is your retirement. And children see, if they ditch their parents, their children that will see bad example - will ditch them.
But this model shaking a lot due to their (discarded now) policy of one child in the family and the skew in the sexes.
And the people who believe in government retirement funds in third world countries? Well, good luck.
P.S. The same thing happened more than once in Russia, Ukraine - pension savings were depreciated. But there was at least barely enough for food, in Lebanon everything seems to be way too bad.

Board footer