LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 1 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

How to buy from ebay in Lebanon?

How the heck can we buy from ebay in Lebanon?
It's totally uner the paypal rules :(
Any solutions?

#2 November 2 2011

eurybaric

Re: How to buy from ebay in Lebanon?

#3 November 2 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

I called him, he want to stop literally his ebay system :(
Lucky me the item I wana buy is payable via ''moneybookers'' which is like paypal but compatible with Lebanese cards :)
Anyway how much do they take customs at airport on DHL? Is it 20% or more?

#4 November 2 2011

AVOlio

has anyone in the site here tried buying stuff from Ebay or Amazon using this optimum site?! i mean by contacting them and saying what you want bla bla bla. And actually got what you wanted from Ebay or Amazon at the end?

#5 November 2 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

As I said it's too late, he's closing optimum!
Anyway you can buy directly with your Lebanese Visa or Mastercard from Amazon

#6 November 2 2011

Louis40

i have already bought through ebay.. the customs in here are hungry.. they take anything from anyone..
So i had to give an address of a friend in France. He got the item free of charge and brought it to me when he came to Leb..

#7 November 3 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

Yeah I am afraid customs will take 30$ for a 5$ poor little armband (for my HTC Sensation)

#8 November 3 2011

redbyte

Last week I ordered two books from America. Customs charged me 45$ per book.. Both had a value of around $100 each.

#9 November 4 2011

vegetaleb
Banned

So it's like loto eh!
BTW I heard they shouldn't take customs on paper products meaning any letters and small books.
Some people said they take 20% of the product + shipment value, so if the sender print the price on the package let's say 100$ customs will take 25$ (20$ on product and 5$ on DHL)
I once bought RE2 earphones by google checkout, they costed me 35$ including DHL, customs took 15$ more!
Samsung P3 from USA: 200$ including Fedex...customs = 45$!!!

#10 October 30 2014

msaridar

Updated post !!

Dear friends,
I recently contacted Optimum to check whether I can purchase from eBay.
The guy's name is Michel and he's ultra friendly.
Please note he is still offering the service of buying from eBay.

After a long conversation he informed me that he had to stop this service temporarily for a week since he had to travel abroad.
Good news for all you guys who want to purchase from eBay with no PayPal accounts.

The process is really simple, it's well described on his website optimum-lb.com
Michel ordered my item the same day after transferring the required sum and I got a confirmation notification from eBay.

I highly recommend his services.
Happy shopping !!

#11 October 31 2014

rolf

vegetaleb wrote:

So it's like loto eh!
BTW I heard they shouldn't take customs on paper products meaning any letters and small books.
Some people said they take 20% of the product + shipment value, so if the sender print the price on the package let's say 100$ customs will take 25$ (20$ on product and 5$ on DHL)
I once bought RE2 earphones by google checkout, they costed me 35$ including DHL, customs took 15$ more!
Samsung P3 from USA: 200$ including Fedex...customs = 45$!!!

They shouldn't take so much on books. I ordered many books from the US (amazon.com) and don't remember paying any customs. It was a while ago. I did it through "Mail Boxes Etc". I think they still exist.

I remember reading a list somewhere about the custom rates on different type of merchandises. I remember electronics and "communication devices" having the highest rates (with some being simply forbidden). But again, this info might be outdated, and we know how things happen in the Lebanese administration.

#12 November 1 2014

ironman

+1 to optimum-lb, never ordered from them, but the guy is super friendly.

#13 June 6 2021

VipModz

Does optimum-lb services still work in 2021?

#14 June 6 2021

NuclearVision

i reached out for them in 2020 and they were out of business (taking a break?). you can try again though.

Last edited by NuclearVision (June 6 2021)

#15 June 6 2021

VipModz

I reached out to them today, they told me that ebay services are still available and the payment options are omt and woocash

Update: they told me I can pay in LBP and they take 3$ fees

Last edited by VipModz (June 6 2021)

#16 June 7 2021

VipModz

I received the confirmation email, thank you guys without this forum this wouldn't be possible

Board footer