LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 14 2021

gamer4life

International Shipping From Lebanon

Hey guys,
I recently opened an Etsy shop where I will ship handmade products in Lebanon to worldwide countries, products are between 1.5-2.5kgs of volume(volume weight is larger than actual weight) and I was wondering if anyone here knows the cheapest shipping method to other countries like Europe or America?

I contacted Aramex and DHL, if I have a business account with them, price is about 23$/kg which is not affordable for me to sell at all, because my products are priced between 12-25$. I believe FedEx and UPS will also offer the same price if not even higher.

Just to note, shipping time for me is not an issue, even if it takes 3 weeks for the customers to recieve my product I'm ok with that, I don't want the express 3-5 days shipping time, what I'm searching for is a reliable avg cost shipping method.

So I'll appreciate it if anyone can help me with this issue, because it's really hard to live in Lebanon without an external fresh dollar income anymore, sadly!

#2 May 14 2021

AVOlio

Re: International Shipping From Lebanon

Check liban post.

They used to take LBP but that price must have increased by now

#3 May 14 2021

gamer4life

I did check them, they have the option I'm looking for, but read a lot of bad reviews on them where certain items took 3 months to reach destination. So I was hoping for other options.

#4 May 16 2021

NuclearVision

i once shipped a letter using libanpost it took 2 weeks, which is not bad, but thing is, if it gets lost you can do nothing and no one to contact, they feel like public sector.
I say stick to aramex, specially if the products you're selling are expensive and the shipping cost difference won:t matter anyway.

#5 May 16 2021

AVOlio

I've shipped 3 expensive items internationally with libanpost,

One return graphics card to Amazon US
One Monitor Motherboard return / replacement to an eBay seller to South Korea
One entire 34" UltraWide monitor return to Amazon US.
They all took the average advertised time according to the plan I chose (3-4 weeks) and all arrived safely.

However if indeed some items get lost, I think as nuclear vision said, it will be hard disputing your case to anyone.

But if you want to go with the less expensive side, it's libanpost.

#6 May 16 2021

gamer4life

I will try Liban Post as a first step then, and they did tell me they'll give me a tracking number to avoid lost products. My products are below 30$ that's why aramex would be expensive for me.

A lebanese seller on etsy told me he's using TheNet group for shipping from here, I'll contact them tomorrow and check their service also.

Board footer