LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 29 2021

ramy58

Need a good therapist for my friend

Hey everyone, hope you're all mentally healthy these days.

Unfortunately, a close friend of mine isn't, and she's been having suicidal thoughts.
I want to help them find a great therapist and I thought this forum might be a good idea since there's people that come from a lot of different backgrounds.
Their experience with therapists isn't great, they've seen one at the uni counseling center (aka not an actual licensed therapist) and that person just told them to get over it.
My friend needs a therapist in Beirut that will actually help them this time. Money is not a problem.
If you have a great experience with a therapist that really helped you solve your problems, could you please, if you are comfortable with that of course, share your experience and I'll DM you privately to get contact info (since I think it's against the rules in this forum to post phone numbers and such).

I'd really appreciate it guys, I really want them to get better.

#2 March 29 2021

scorz

Re: Need a good therapist for my friend

I don't personally know any therapist but can check https://embracelebanon.org/
They have also (which is the first/only one in Lebanon if I'm not wrong) a suicide hotline: 1564

#3 March 29 2021

Guitaret

Sorry to hear about your friend but it is good that she has you to shed some responsible light on her condition. I hope you can convince her to take this path, most importantly you need to know the below:
Most therapists are lazy and tend to over-diagnose just to speed up the process so make sure to pick one with very good reviews.
STAY AWAY from psychiatrists as they only want to quickly prescribe drugs, and good luck getting away from that cycle and saying that for mentally strong people, how about the ones who are weak.
Your best bet is psychologists and most importantly psychoanalysts. Psychoanalysts also know as "the talk therapists" have the capacity to listen and slowly unfold the bad lying underneath.

#4 March 30 2021

user

I wish them the best of luck. Sadly the two therapists I tried myself in Lebanon left me less than impressed. One of them charged me about 40$ an hour last year to basically tell me "bah enough with this nonsense, get over it" I was more depressed and hung on the past than suicidal though. And I didn't have anywhere near the problems a person now in Lebanon has(the port hadn't even exploded yet back then)

I would not even know what to say to a suicidal person stuck in Lebanon these days.

#5 May 6 2021

specility

I just saw this, might be worth a check, So I am sharing:

https://www.reddit.com/r/lebanon/commen … r_passing/

Board footer