LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 1 weeks ago

Hani
Member

Ogero Fiber configurations

Hello,

I just joined and I thought I could my experience with people here. As you all know, it is pretty difficult to deal with these Ogero people. 1515 or 1516 customer service really sucks. Everyone is just throwing false information at you. I am not sure if I am simply dealing with idiots or simply that it's a agent training issue. I have open MANY tickets with them but no success. Literally, after numerous calls to them, I decided to take the matter in my own hands.

So I have a fiber connection with Ogero that I have recently installed. They delivered a Huawei HG8141A5 Router/Modem to my apartment. After that the vertical fiber cable is installed, they pre-program the router and all you need to do is plug it in and turn it on. BUT... they don't give you your PPPoE user/pass information. If anything fails and you need to do a factory reset, you need to go to a configuration center and they will program it for you.

Interestingly, when I went, the person have never configured a Huawei ONT router/modem before so he was not much of help. Anyways, I want to walk you through it and don't be shy to ask me questions I am pretty good with telecom/application/network in general.

1) You need your PPPoE user/pass. User should look like: XXXXXXX@ogeronet-Fb.com. Password should be 18 characters with letters and numbers. There are some capital letters in there too.

Note: THIS IS NOT DSL, don't confuse PPPoE with DSL. One is an authentication type and the other one is a connection type.

2) On your Huawei modem/router, log in using the LAN IP, normally should be 192.168.100.1

3) On your sticker under the router, you should see the default user/pass to access which is root / adminHW but there is a hidden one which is where you can configure the WAN settings which is telecomadmin / admintelecom

4) Once you are logged in, go to Advanced > WAN. You should see the "New" button. If not, it means you are not using the telecomadmin user. Log out and log in with telecomadmin user.

5) Click "New", select PPPoE, insert the VLAN ID insert the PPPoE username and PPPoE password. Don't touch the other configurations and click "Apply".

Note: Not sure what VLAN ID everyone else has. I don't know if we all have the same.

You should see you internet back up and working.

So who else has fiber here? Mind sharing your VLAN ID that is programmed inside your modem? Just to see if all FTTH services are the same.

Thank you all

Offline

#2 1 weeks ago

yasamoka
Member

Re: Ogero Fiber configurations

You should be able to ask for your PPPoE credentials by sending an Email to systems@ogero.gov.lb and providing your L number. Worked for me back when I needed them.

Last edited by yasamoka (1 weeks ago)

Offline

#3 6 days ago

Hani
Member

Re: Ogero Fiber configurations

yasamoka wrote:

You should be able to ask for your PPPoE credentials by sending an Email to systems@ogero.gov.lb and providing your L number. Worked for me back when I needed them.

Trust me I have tried many times, they wouldn't give me my credentials. I couldn't believe it.

Offline

#4 2 days ago

xterm
Moderator

Re: Ogero Fiber configurations

They've become stingy. I'd say keep pressuring them and request that it gets escalated. I had an issue at one point and after months of pressuring and arguments and back and forth, it eventually got escalated to some chief dude that debugged my problem remotely, live, until late night.

Offline

#5 Yesterday

chaosn
Member

Re: Ogero Fiber configurations

I was able to retrieve my PPPoE, follow the instructions below:

Send an email to "ithelpdesk@ogero.gov.lb" with the subject "Requesting PPPoE username and password".
Email Body: (Fill your info )

Dear Support,

I'm kindly requesting my PPPoE username and password so that I can set-up my own modem.

Please see below the required information:

-DSL #: {Your DSL#} e.g.:D107412
-Landline: {Your Lanfline#} e.g.:01800002
-Contact number (mobile): {You mobile Contact #}
-Subscribed plan: {Your subscribed plan}

1-Find attached Owner identity ID {Attach Your ID}
2-Subscription owner email {Your Subscribed email with OGERO App}
3-Find attached last paid {Attach the last paid bill you can download from your Ogero account}
4-Find attached the signed PPPoE pledge (Sign the pledge and Attach PPPoE Pledge.pdf (download link))
5-Modem serial and mac address:
    -Modem Serial Number:  {Modem Serial # - Available on the Back of the modem} e.g: CP1818JKL01198
    -Modem mac address: {Modem Mac address - Available on the Back of the modem} e.g: 10C78Y222FBF

Regards,
{Your Name}

Offline

#6 18 hours ago

Hani
Member

Re: Ogero Fiber configurations

xterm wrote:

They've become stingy. I'd say keep pressuring them and request that it gets escalated. I had an issue at one point and after months of pressuring and arguments and back and forth, it eventually got escalated to some chief dude that debugged my problem remotely, live, until late night.

Brother I have tried and tried. When I went to the configuration desk, the guy had my credentials on the screen. After talking to him and arguing, he turned his screen to me and I took a picture of it with my phone. He had no clue how to program the PPPoE on a ONT fiber modem. Can you imagine? He literally said: I have never seen or worked on one of those before. Still, no one has called me back from Ogero after opening many tickets and calling calling calling. In the end, I got what I wanted.

Can I tell you the story of what I went through just to install the fiber in the apartment I am renting? You won't believe it I'm telling you. Poor these agents working in the 1515 center. I don't know what kind of training they went through but I can't think of 2 agents giving me the same information. They put them on the front lines and not properly trained. They think that fiber optics and the phone system is related... SMH... We don't have VoIP for home in Ogero how can you possibly think they are related? and I won't get into IPTV =)

Anyways, I'm lucky I think to have my credentials so now I can work and support myself independently. Just send me the bill and I'll handle the rest.

Offline

#7 18 hours ago

Hani
Member

Re: Ogero Fiber configurations

chaosn wrote:

I was able to retrieve my PPPoE, follow the instructions below:

I did not receive my first bill yet so I am missing that information. It's weird that they don't send me the first bill directly after subscribing. I guess I have to wait a full month before receiving the bill.

Cheers

Offline

#8 17 hours ago

chaosn
Member

Re: Ogero Fiber configurations

Hani wrote:
chaosn wrote:

I was able to retrieve my PPPoE, follow the instructions below:

I did not receive my first bill yet so I am missing that information. It's weird that they don't send me the first bill directly after subscribing. I guess I have to wait a full month before receiving the bill.

Cheers

Send them the last paid bill

Offline

#9 17 hours ago

Hani
Member

Re: Ogero Fiber configurations

chaosn wrote:
Hani wrote:
chaosn wrote:

I was able to retrieve my PPPoE, follow the instructions below:

I did not receive my first bill yet so I am missing that information. It's weird that they don't send me the first bill directly after subscribing. I guess I have to wait a full month before receiving the bill.

Cheers

Send them the last paid bill

I still don't have one yet lol

Offline

Board footer