LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#301 April 14 2021

infiniteloop

Re: Paying with Lebanese cards online

SGBL esurf are being terminated
So they passed from 50$ per month to 0$ in a matter of 3 weeks.
*"@# banks

#302 April 14 2021

Guitaret

LifeEngineer wrote:

Audi Embark card price has been increased from 20$/year to a whopping 50$/year.

I'm paying 50$/year in order to be able to buy 25$/month...

Are you sure? 1 week ago I asked and they said 25$ per month.

#303 April 26 2021

Guitaret

I just tried Embark on Binance and it got refused, anyone else?

#304 April 26 2021

TheIlluminative

Guitaret wrote:

Most banks banned transferwise and Binance, even for fresh accounts.

#305 April 26 2021

kareem_nasser

Guitaret wrote:

Are your Embark funds fresh USD?

Though, yes, i did hear of all banks basically banning usage of the cards on such sites.

#306 May 4 2021

infiniteloop

I used my BoB skip card with Xtremeskins for a 12$ order, they didn't accept it at all, then I tried with dbrand for the same amount it was accepted but after the order they flagged my order as "suspicious" and that they have to review it!
Looks like many websites are not accepting our cards or they note them as suspicious. At this rythme Lebanon will be like North Korea

#307 May 5 2021

infiniteloop

My dbrand payment order was rejected while BoB sent an sms when I placed the order saying the payment was successful to dbrand
Looks like dbrand changed their mind about the Lebanese card and I lost 12$ in the process

#308 May 5 2021

yasamoka

infiniteloop wrote:

My dbrand payment order was rejected while BoB sent an sms when I placed the order saying the payment was successful to dbrand
Looks like dbrand changed their mind about the Lebanese card and I lost 12$ in the process

Can't you just request a refund?

#309 May 5 2021

VipModz

I can confirm that Lebanese USD cards still work on Battle.net Shop even if your account is US Region

#310 May 5 2021

infiniteloop

yasamoka wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

Just got an email from dbrand, they claim they didn't charge the order and that my bank should show the money back, though BoB app is not showing any return of $

#311 May 6 2021

yasamoka

infiniteloop wrote:
yasamoka wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

Just got an email from dbrand, they claim they didn't charge the order and that my bank should show the money back, though BoB app is not showing any return of $

Authorization charge. Just call BoB.

#312 May 6 2021

infiniteloop

Talked to Bob support, they said I have to pass by the branch and sign an opposition to the payment because it was indeed deducted from my account. I tried to talk to my account manager but she's not answering at all (tried like 7 times)

#313 May 6 2021

Guitaret

Have you ever used the Whish Money app?
I have downloaded the app, and I see the option to "Popup" the account and another option to "Cash out" money. And so I was wondering if this is a solution to convert CC USD (fresh) to cash?

#314 May 9 2021

deadlee

fuck the banks, anyone that wants to buy stuff online, many websites take crypto, i've done it myself and bought 2 50$ cards from keys4coins.com, open a binance account and buy some crypto and you can use it take buy stuff online, it's even better cuz the USD value is depreciating fast.

#315 May 10 2021

VipModz

deadlee wrote:

open a binance account and buy some crypto and you can use it take buy stuff online

you can buy from AliExpress using this method?

#316 May 14 2021

ahmadghayad

Hello guys.

I have a question. I have a Fresh Account Audi and would like to deposit money in a forex broker. They are using two payment gateways for visa cards, Exactly and CardPay. Tried both but it is declined always. Called the call center they say gambling websites is not allowed ! Then tried to buy crypto and send them to my forex broker, as they accept btc and usdt. I used ByBit to buy btc they have multiple payment gateways but non worked, all declined. So it seems impossible to trade forex or crypto in lebanon. Do you have any suggestions?

#317 May 28 2021

mikasa

eblom transaction fees msg

this is a current plus account from BLOM bank, a fresh dollar account for individuals , and i just received this. 
What about other banks do they have such fees added recently? i want to open an account in an other bank without such fees.
Thanks

#318 May 28 2021

kareem_nasser

mikasa wrote:

https://test-123.s3.fr-par.scw.cloud/Wh … %20PM.jpeg

this is a current plus account from BLOM bank, a fresh dollar account for individuals , and i just received this. 
What about other banks do they have such fees added recently? i want to open an account in an other bank without such fees.
Thanks

Only a matter of time before the rest of the banks follow

#319 May 30 2021

nefe_lpmk

Bank Audi has a 1.5% fee since last year on online purchases.

#320 July 4 2021

NuclearVision

hey guys, where can i open a fresh dollars account that allows me to do online purchases?
Blom has 10$ fee opening and 3% which is too much to be honest.
Any alternatives ?

#321 July 4 2021

samer
Admin

I can't vouch for this but I recently came across it online: https://www.byblosbank.com/personal/accounts/current/
2$/month for a debit card, but there's a minimum initial deposit of $1000.

NuclearVision wrote:

hey guys, where can i open a fresh dollars account that allows me to do online purchases?
Blom has 10$ fee opening and 3% which is too much to be honest.
Any alternatives ?

#322 July 4 2021

infiniteloop

Areeba and Libanpost launched a "via card" mastercard card that you can use abroad and online and don't need a bank account. If this card is linked to an European account then it could be good, I have zero trust in Lebanese banks even for fresh funds accounts

#323 July 5 2021

samer
Admin

Good catch infiniteloop. I am looking at their fee structure and it looks fairly aggressive. Am I understanding this correctly that they apply a 1$ "Card payment fee" every time you make a purchase? that's nuts.

#324 July 5 2021

rolf

infiniteloop wrote:

Areeba and Libanpost launched a "via card" mastercard card that you can use abroad and online and don't need a bank account. If this card is linked to an European account then it could be good, I have zero trust in Lebanese banks even for fresh funds accounts

If you have an European account then you could just register with Wise (or "transferwise") and get their multi-currency international mastercard, although you'd need someone's help because they don't send it to Lebanon.

If you have an European account you get access to a world of services. Paypal, for example.

Not saying it's all good. Just saying if you have an account abroad why would you be interested in "via card"?

#325 July 5 2021

xazbrat

infiniteloop wrote:

Considering that you will get your card in 2 to 3 business days, I doubt that the card would be linked to any other country but Lebanon.  Also, denominated in USD, not Euros.  Add to that the excessive fees, it has to be in Lebanon because people are that desperate for a card in foreign currency.

If it were possible to get easily get a card from nearby Cyprus or Turkey, that would solve a lot of issues, but now companies are taking advantage of the desperation and offering these choices.

Board footer