LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 10 2021

Victor

Connecting multiple PSUs

Hello everyone.

I am looking to connect 3 PSUs to a mining rig. I will use 2 PSUs to power the extra GPUs, and I want to wire them to turn on with the main PSU. Is it recommended to use 2 add2psu’s; or use a dual 24pin adapter?

Also, while connecting the risers should I use the 6 pin to Sata cable included with the riser and connect to PSU with Sata cable; or should I get an 8pin to 6+2 pin splitter to power the riser and GPU?

I hope that my question is clear and I would appreciate the help!

#2 April 10 2021

Bahij.M

Re: Connecting multiple PSUs

Both will work fine, but I recommend the dual 24 pin adapter(currently using thermaltake ones) since there was some delay when using the add2psu.

Never use sata for powering up the risers, your best bet is the 8 pin to 6, in case you need to spare some psu pcie slots, you can use 6 pin to molex if the riser supports it.

#3 April 11 2021

Victor

Thanks! I’ll be connecting the risers directly from PSU Molex 4pin cable.

Any recommendations for risers v008s vs v009s? I’ve seen that v008s all have the option to connect to Molex directly, but it seems that the v009s mainly come with PCIE 6pin. Which ones do you use and where do I recommend I get extra ones since I’m missing a few?

I’ve read that some risers are of poor quality and risk shorting/frying my GPU; which is not something I want to experience :)

Last edited by Victor (April 11 2021)

#4 April 11 2021

az09za90za

Victor wrote:

Thanks! I’ll be connecting the risers directly from PSU Molex 4pin cable.

Any recommendations for risers v008s vs v009s? I’ve seen that v008s all have the option to connect to Molex directly, but it seems that the v009s mainly come with PCIE 6pin. Which ones do you use and where do I recommend I get extra ones since I’m missing a few?

I’ve read that some risers are of poor quality and risk shorting/frying my GPU; which is not something I want to experience :)

the difference between 009 and 008 is the SATA connector which is not available in the new model, u can find many on OLX.

Board footer